Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Making a new area?

Page: 1 of 1
 BlazingPhoenix
11-01-2007, 4:31 PM
How would I go about making a new area? What program would I need?
 Master Niewiedzial
11-01-2007, 5:04 PM
Well I know you need GIMP or Photoshop or any other program like that, to re-texture the existing areas. And then make the script of a new area. Good Luck
 Marius Fett
11-01-2007, 6:02 PM
It Depends What You Mean By New Area

If You Mean A New Area Using Modules Already In The Game But Wit Custom NPC's Etc Check The Tutorial Here (http://doomdealer.tripod.com/AGuidetomodules.zip)

But If You Mean A Custom Area As In A Custom Area Model You Would Need Either Gmax Or 3DSMax As Well As NWMax And KAuroraEditor This Is Discussed Here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=182069&highlight=magnusll)

Good Luck!

-DarthDingDong
 RedHawke
11-01-2007, 6:33 PM
How would I go about making a new area? What program would I need?
Making a new area type mod is not a beginner mod... my usual advice is to start with small mods and work your way up to this type of project.

Learn how the game works by making certain types of mods, then after you have done so and have picked up the basics of the following skills/mods...

You must know how to use KotOR Tool, and be familiar with the other tools.
You must know about items.
You must know about dialogs.
You must know about character files.
You must know about placeables. (The horror... The Horror! :eek: )
You must know about scripting. (I cannot stress this one enough)
You must know how the area .git files work, this includes waypoints, etc.

While some of KotOR Tools features may make some things simpler, you still need to have these basic skill-sets to make the project work.

I hope this helps. ;)
 BlazingPhoenix
11-01-2007, 7:03 PM
I figured out KotOR Tool after a while poking around through it and I also made some appearance.2da changes..I guess I gotta try some other things now. :p
Page: 1 of 1