Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

"Original" appearance.2da? (Dumb title)

Page: 1 of 1
 WombHole
10-27-2007, 11:51 AM
Hello dear Kotor community, hope I'm putting this silly question in the right thread.
Feel free to move/delete it and such if there's already a FAQ or topic somewhere explaining the problem I am experiencing.

I'm wondering if there is a chance of acquire the original appearance.2da file that comes with the game.

I'm quite confident that there was a appearance.2da file in my override folder during my first play through, before i started installing mods and the like.
From the looks of it, most mods don't include a fully compatible appearance.2da file, but rather edits the existing one.
But seeing as I don't have the appearance.2da file any longer (Forgot to backup)..

I'm asking this because I tried to install quite a few mods that supposedly were adding lines to the appearance.2da file using a installer, I hoped that it would work even though I don't have the "original" file. Though there seems to be quite a few incompatibilities (As in, they don't fully "work").

I did try an older mod, where i simply extracted the contents to my override folder. That seemed to work, I can only guess it worked because the older generations of Kotor mods included the full appearance.2da file.

I might as well add that I have no problem whatsoever with mods that don't make changes in the appearance.2da file, but rather replaces an existent one. Or with mods that doesn't include an installer (Older mods, however odd that sounds).

Anyway, I'm most likely totally off/wrong about this. Perhaps I should just do a re-install the game and hope for the best.

Ps. Anyone need a smaller crew of voice actors, or a NPC dialog writer? (BG2 has grown too stale)

-Womb :007:
 Marius Fett
10-27-2007, 12:01 PM
If You Have KotOR Tool Installed You Can Extract The Original Yourself

Just open BIFs>2da.bif

It Is In There

-DarthDingDong
 WombHole
10-27-2007, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the speedy reply DarthDingDong.
I'll see if I can find this KotOR tool and hopefully solve this problem once and for all.

-Womb :007:
 stoffe
10-27-2007, 2:26 PM
Thanks for the speedy reply DarthDingDong.
I'll see if I can find this KotOR tool and hopefully solve this problem once and for all.

You can find KotorTool at http://kotortool.starwarsknights.com/)
Page: 1 of 1