Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Lost My NWN2 Launcher

Page: 1 of 1
 Point Man
10-26-2007, 4:59 PM
Hey, guys!
This may be out of place, but I can't get any help elsewhere, and I know there are good people here who might be able to help me with my problem. I tried to install MOTB and was not able to get it done. My launcher for NWN2 somehow disappeared, so InstallShield thinks I do not have NWN2 installed. When I tried to uninstall NWN2, I got this error message:

Error Code: -5006 : 0x80070002
Error Information:
>SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (1356)
PAPP:Neverwinter Nights 2
PVENDOR:Atari (http://www.atari.com/nwn2)
PGUID:F20C1251-1D0A-4944-B2AE-678581B33B19
$10.0.0.159
@Windows XP Service Pack 2 (2600) BT_OTHER 232.64

Does anybody have any solution?
 stoffe
10-26-2007, 7:17 PM
This may be out of place, but I can't get any help elsewhere, and I know there are good people here who might be able to help me with my problem. I tried to install MOTB and was not able to get it done. My launcher for NWN2 somehow disappeared, so InstallShield thinks I do not have NWN2 installed. When I tried to uninstall NWN2, I got this error message:

If you haven't already you could try manually removing the Registry keys for NWN2. That usually makes a launcher/installer believe that the game hasn't been installed and let you proceed.
 Negative Sun
10-29-2007, 7:43 AM
I was gonna say, go into the NWN2 folder, extract some of your savegames you want to keep, delete the entire folder after that and re-install NWN2 and MotB, I'd also remove the registry keys like stoffe said, though I dunno how to do it since I've never had to *touches wood*
 stoffe
10-29-2007, 7:52 AM
I'd also remove the registry keys like stoffe said, though I dunno how to do it since I've never had to *touches wood*

Go to the Start/Win menu and pick Run..., then type in RegEdit in the box. In the application that opens, select the top node in the tree view and select Search in the Edit menu, and search for terms like NWN2, Neverwinter Nights and Obsidian. That should hopefully find the relevant keys.

Standard disclaimer: Be careful what you remove/edit in the Registry, you may mess up your system if you do something bad. :)
 Negative Sun
10-29-2007, 7:56 AM
Standard disclaimer: Be careful what you remove/edit in the Registry, you may mess up your system if you do something bad. :)
Which is why I don't look forward to having to do that lolz :p
Page: 1 of 1