Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Valve's Portal!

Page: 1 of 1
 Lance Monance
10-24-2007, 6:15 AM
So who got Valve's great new game...
Even though it's very short and easy, this game is great. For those who don't know, Portal is a FPS without violence and with just one gun: the portal gun.
You can create 2 portals, if you enter one you step out of the second. Using that gun you have to solve puzzles to progress through the levels.

Valve once agains proves that they're one of the best developers out there.
 stingerhs
10-24-2007, 2:23 PM
Portal is just awesome, but don't try to pass it off as non-violent. those turrets can kill, and don't forget that getting hit by a turret splashes your blood all over the floor or wall that's placed behind you.

even then, the game is just awesome. its a whole new breed of a puzzle game, and it will twist your thinking.

and just remember: the cake is a lie. ;)
 Lance Monance
10-24-2007, 3:01 PM
I wasn't trying to convince anyone to buy it for their 3 -year-olds. :ang3:
 starmark2k
10-24-2007, 4:13 PM
It's nice to have a puzzle game that that is different from all the others recently released. It's good as you literally have to think out of the box to get through each level, as you have to mess around with the laws physics.

It's also got a nice bit of comedy with the computer voice announcements and warnings (especially when you start making the cameras fall off walls).

in short... It Rocks!!!
 True_Avery
10-24-2007, 6:18 PM
I felt the game was too short, but found it hilarious and played through it multiple times before I got mildly tired of it.
 igyman
11-24-2007, 4:20 PM
This is one of the more interesting games I've played recently, despite its short play-time. I wonder if its story will have something to do with HL2 Episode Three, since both games are in the same universe. Makes me wonder what Gordon will find at Aperture's ship, the Borealis.

Oh yeah, and the ending song was just awesome! :lol:
 Sabretooth
11-24-2007, 11:11 PM
Portal is the most memorable game I've played in months, maybe a few years, even. It's original, hilarious, innovative, it's plain crazy awesome.

The Challenges are tough, though. I finished about 3 Advanced Levels, but the challenges are crazy tough (especially the time challenges) and yes, I know the level exploits. :xp:

All in all, the game is worth playing no matter what side of the gaming spectrum you are. It's the sort of game we need more of. :) Or well, I'll be content if we just have more songs like the unbelievably awesome one at the end. ;)
 Serpentine Cougar
11-25-2007, 2:35 AM
*sigh* Yet another game to add to my (long) wishlist...
 GeneralPloKoon
11-28-2007, 6:26 PM
i love the ending song....
Page: 1 of 1