Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Laserfire color

Page: 1 of 1
 horsedrowner
10-21-2007, 8:56 AM
How can I adjust the color of laserfire, for example to change the color of the bowcaster fire to bright blue instead of green?
 stoffe
10-21-2007, 9:13 AM
How can I adjust the color of laserfire, for example to change the color of the bowcaster fire to bright blue instead of green?

Which model is used for the various weapon bolt types is set in the ammunitiontypes.2da file. The line numbers in this file corresponds to values in the ammunitiontype column in the baseitems.2da file for the various ranged weapons in the game.

So, you can either swap between existing bolt models by changing the ammotype a weapon uses, or you can replace the models with reskinned variants. The textures used are set in the model file, so you could make a copy of the existing bowcaster bolt files (MDL/MDX) and substitute the texture name in this for a recolored TGA (keep the names the same length).
 horsedrowner
10-21-2007, 10:53 AM
I'll try that thanks
Page: 1 of 1