Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Sigma Squad: Battle for Geonosis

Page: 1 of 1
 Corinthian
10-19-2007, 4:46 PM
With the Battle of Naboo, discontent with the Republic reached an all-time high, and seccession from it became an almost daily thing, with a seat in the Senate being emptied on a daily basis. The situation was tense as many of the Separatist planets formed an alliance, becoming known as the Confederacy of Independent Systems. The tense situation made war inevitable, and both sides began gathering armies. Supreme Chancellor Palpatine sent a messenger to the cloning masters of Kamino, commissioning a massive cloned army that, along with Rothana Heavy Engineering, became the Grand Army of the Republic. The Separatists, although unaware of the Grand Army, began to marshal their own armies out of the private armies of the trading guilds that were members of the Confederacy.

At the Battle of Geonosis, all these forces met in battle, and the vastly outnumbered Clones may have failed if it were not for two of the Republic's assets, the Jedi, but more importantly, the Commandos. Better trained and better equipped than their ordinary brethren, they are the key to the Republic winning this war. In the massive battle of Geonosis, many of these squads were deployed to target key Confederate positions. Sigma Squad was one of them. Deployed behind enemy lines in the largest battle in a hundred years, the Commandos are outnumbered and outgunned.

This will be the start of, if it goes well, a series following the exploits of Sigma Squad, beginning with the Battle of Geonosis and ending around Order 66. The details of this will be covered in the early parts of the RP.

1/4 Clone Commandos

0/1 Jedi Commander

Notation: Jedi must be a Padawan, and preferably not too powerful. I'm not saying you need to be a weak Jedi, but I don't want someone so powerful that they make the Commandos pointless.

Clone Commando sheet.

Designation: For example, RC-1250. Just RC, followed by a four digit number.

Name: Squad name. For example, Fi, Atin, Sev, Scorch. Could be Mandalorian, could be related to your designation, could just be a random name.

Distinguishing Marks: Since we're all clones, we're all gonna be the same age, gender, and appearance. Some, however, might have a distinguishing mark, like a scar.

Personality: Despite being Clones, they have a surprising difference in their personalities.

History: Not a big deal, you can pretty much leave this blank, considering you spent the last ten years on Kamino doing the same thing everyone else did. If you want a significant event in your character's life, put it here.

Gear: Everyone should have the DC-17, with Sniper and Anti-Armor attachments, as well as DC-15s Blaster Pistols. Aside from that, your character might have a non-standard issue weapon like a Trandoshan Concussion Rifle or a Merr-Sonn missile launcher. Also, you have the Katarn Armor, a vibroblade under the knuckle plate,

Specialized Skills: For example, Demolitions, Medic, Squad Leader, Slicer. Most other skills are covered by standard Clone Commando training.

Jedi Sheet: More normal for this one.

Name:

Appearance:

Peronality:

History:

Gear: Lightsaber, obviously. Other than that, it's your choice.

Skills:

Now, for my sheet.

Designation: RC-1511

Name: Ordinii, usually shortened to Ordin or Ord.

Distinguishing Marks: A series of small burn scars on his right side, particularly his shoulder and the right side of his jaw.

Personality: Ord is fairly easy going. He enjoys cracking bad jokes, shooting complete strangers, and blowing things up, but not necessarily in that order. He takes a lot of satisfaction in the way Battle Droids just come apart, but he has problems fighting living creatures. As he says, they just aren't as satisfying to blow up. Besides, he likes taking little trophies of his victories and what are you going to take off a vaporized Neimodian?

History: Ord's early life was extremely dull. For his first stages, he was in a cloning tank on Kamino, then in early training until he was two years old when he began training with Kal Skirata. Ord advanced at a fairly normal rate for a Commando, remaining under the radar until he started demolition training and nearly killed himself when he overused explosives. That was when he got his scars and the nickname of Ordinii, which translates to "Complete Lunatic." After his initial mistake, he got the grasp of explosives. Aside from that, there isn't a lot to tell.

Gear: DC-17 Interchangable Weapon System, Ion Blaster Attachment, Sniper Attachment, Anti-Armor Attachment. DC-15s Blaster Pistol. Pistol is holstered on his right hip, the DC-17 hangs on webbing across his chest when he's not holding it. He also carries a variety of explosives, primarily thermal detonators, flash-bangs, and EMP Grenades. He also carries door-breaching Thermal Tape, which utilizes a similar form of explosive to thermal detonators. Other explosives are generally taken as the mission warrants, and he's not averse to borrowing extra explosives from the locals.

Skills: Demolitions Expert, he can also improvise bombs out of unstable materials without the helpful packaging of Republic Supply.

Lastly, some ground rules:

1: If you have to go somewhere and won't be on for an extended period of time, say something to me and I'll handle it. Otherwise, your character will become an NPC after one week of your lack of presence, and will be killed if you do not return in two weeks, especially if someone else wants to play. Note: If it's obvious that you can't really make a post right now, such as, for example, you character is unconscious, this won't come into play.

2: Proper Grammar & Spelling. This aint a chatroom, it's a forum. You've got all the time in the world to write your posts, so for heaven's sake, check your grammar and run spellcheck. Poorly written posts have a tendency to make me roll my eyes and then scroll past.

3: Since the Jedi character cannot be replaced plotwise as easily as a Commando, I want someone who is both often on and pretty good at RPing for it.

4: Don't control other characters to a large degree. Adding in a sentence in a conversation or having him pick off a droid is no big deal.
 DrPhil2501
10-19-2007, 8:59 PM
Okay, I'll join.

Designation: RC-2647

Name: Hawk

Distinguishing Marks: A scar running down his right cheek caused by a Vibroblade.

Personality: Easy to get along with and a determined Commando. Known to be very stubborn.

Gear: DC-17m Interchangeable Weapon System with a Sniper Attachment, Anti-Armor Attachment. DC-15 side arm blaster. It has been known that Hawk carries a Cloaking device, but only uses it if necassary. He also carries with him a two of three types of grenades: Thermal Detonator, Plasma Grenade and EMP grenades. But very rarely does he use his grenades in combat, as he is seen only once using an EMP to disable a group of droids.

Skills: Slicer and Weapons Expert.

Hey Corinthian. Just so I know, are you happy with my Character having the absence of his growth accelaration? I can change it, if you want...
 Corinthian
10-20-2007, 5:15 AM
Yeah, that is a problem, actually. Namely, there's no logical reason why Hawk should be any different from the rest, they're all cloned from Jango Fett.
 DrPhil2501
10-20-2007, 5:34 AM
m'kay. You're the boss.
 Corinthian
10-20-2007, 6:52 AM
Also, I didn't notice this, but you can't have a cloaking device. Sorry, but the Millennium Falcon was too small to accommodate the average cloaking device, you can't really cram one into Katarn Armor.
 DrPhil2501
10-20-2007, 7:01 AM
Also, I didn't notice this, but you can't have a cloaking device. Sorry, but the Millennium Falcon was too small to accommodate the average cloaking device, you can't really cram one into Katarn Armor.

What I meant to say was Stealth Field Generator, like the one in KoTOR. I just called it a cloaking device because I find it a lot more easy to say. Sorry for the confusion.
 Corinthian
10-21-2007, 6:49 PM
Well, this is very disappointing progress. Guess I'll be shelving this.
Page: 1 of 1