Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

PC Flourish

Page: 1 of 1
 Omega_Novae
10-18-2007, 12:48 AM
How would I script the PC flourishing his/her weapon?

Also, I'm having trouble scripting an NPC to flourish his weapon. I put it in the dialog, but it doesn't seem to run.

void main()
{
//Baan'urass flourishes weapon
object obaanurass=GetObjectByTag("baanurass");
CreatureFlourishWeapon(obaanurass);
}
 stoffe
10-18-2007, 6:53 AM
How would I script the PC flourishing his/her weapon?

Also, I'm having trouble scripting an NPC to flourish his weapon. I put it in the dialog, but it doesn't seem to run.

Assuming this is for Kotor2:TSL that script should work. Have you compiled the script and put the NCS file in either the override folder or the module it is used from? Have you checked that the tag of the creature is correct?

To make the player flourish, replace GetObjectByTag("baanurass") with GetFirstPC() in the script.
 Omega_Novae
10-18-2007, 11:11 AM
Yes, it's for TSL.

Okay, now I have two new problems.

I get the NPC to flourish, except the weapons just twirl while he does the normal talking animation. (I don't have any animations in that node in the dlg)

And when I run the PC flourish script in the dialog, the PC just does some weird half flourish.
 tk102
10-18-2007, 11:36 AM
You could pause your conversation to get the flourish to work correctly.
void main() {
ActionPauseConversation();
CreatureFlourishWeapon( GetObjectByTag("baanurass") );
CreatureFlourishWeapon( GetFirstPC() );
DelayCommand(2.0, ActionResumeConversation());
}
 Omega_Novae
10-20-2007, 1:56 PM
The flourishes still don't work right. I even tried using the generic a_flourish script, and that doesn't work.

New Questions: I want to warp to the militia headquarters of Dantooine and spawn an NPC there, but only after a quest has reached a certain point. There is a waypoint for the HQ, but when I warp there, I'm not facing the right direction. How would I do this?
Page: 1 of 1