Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Spawning inconvenient...

Page: 1 of 1
 GeorgNihilus
10-08-2007, 1:44 PM
Hi again people :) , this time I have a problem when spawning a couple of war droids in a Manaan area, I never had problems before spawning creatures but this time they spawn in hostile state! :mad: firing at everyone in the place ... I used this to spawn them:

// spawns 2 war droids in a Manaan's East Central
// spot pretty near the 3 sith soldiers of this area

void main () {

float x=29.71f;
float y=8.99f;
float z=57.50f;
float r=0.0f;
float xx=30.65f;
float yy=11.82f;
float zz=57.50;
vector vecROB=Vector(x,y,z);
vector vecRO2=Vector(xx,yy,zz);
location locNPC=Location(vecROB, r);
location locNP2=Location(vecRO2, r);
object oNPC=CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE,"ff_droidmk4_1",locNPC);
object oNP2=CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE,"ff_droidmk4_2",locNP2);
}

of course I already put the .utc's in Override also ... so what should I do to turn them neutral or better friendly? it has something to do with the k_def_spawn01.nss OnSpawn script or can I solve the problem in this same script?

thanks on advance :thmbup1:
 Marius Fett
10-08-2007, 2:01 PM
Did You Remember To Set Their Factions To Friendly/Neutral?
 GeorgNihilus
10-08-2007, 2:06 PM
No, I didn't modify anything in the droids .utc files, and of course I didn't edit the OnSpawn script ... it's pretty much for my still limited knowledge hmm... ;)
 stoffe
10-08-2007, 2:14 PM
No, I didn't modify anything in the droids .utc files, and of course I didn't edit the OnSpawn script ... it's pretty much for my still limited knowledge hmm... ;)

If the droids have Hostile set as standard faction then they'll automatically attack anyone in the player-friendly factions on sight. The easiest way of changing that is to modify the faction they belong to in the UTC templates and set it to Neutral (5).

If you for some reason want to handle it via script instead you don't need to give them any custom OnSpawn scripts. You can set their faction when you spawn them instead, like:

// spawns 2 war droids in a Manaan's East Central
// spot pretty near the 3 sith soldiers of this area

object ST_Spawn(string sResRef, float x, float y, float Angle = 0.0) {
return CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, sResRef, Location(Vector(x, y, 0.0), Angle));
}

void main () {
// ST: Spawn the droids...
object oNPC1 = ST_Spawn("ff_droidmk4_1", 29.71, 8.99);
object oNPC2 = ST_Spawn("ff_droidmk4_2", 30.65, 11.82);

// ST: Change their factions to Neutral
ChangeToStandardFaction(oNPC1, STANDARD_FACTION_NEUTRAL);
ChangeToStandardFaction(oNPC2, STANDARD_FACTION_NEUTRAL);
}
 GeorgNihilus
10-09-2007, 9:11 AM
Thanks Stoffe, haven't seen that Faction field in the .utc template tab window :nut: ... either way I used the scripting option this time ... ;)

good modding! :)
Page: 1 of 1