Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The New Jedi Order: Empire Rising

Page: 1 of 1
 RobQel-Droma
10-06-2007, 12:38 AM
The New Jedi Order
Empire Rising

It is a time of relative peace in the New Republic, and also of subtle danger. Tensions grow just beneath the surface between the New Order and the Senate, and many feel that this will soon grow to a breaking point.

Meanwhile, New Republic Intelligence has recieved intel about a mysterious Corellian who is sending supply ships to an unknown area in space. The Senate has ignored this, in their current fight against several rogue Imperial Warlords.

As one of the most powerful among the warlords initiates a lightning strike against the world of Rodia, the Republic scrambles to send aid to the world, but most of the Jedi are on missions throughout the Republic, and cannot be spared...

Seren Fyell fell backwards as the green saber slashed at his head, barely avoiding it. His master shook his head as he struggled to regain balance.

"Come on, get ready." Jaden swung his saber in several elaborate moves as he stepped away.

"I'm ready," Seren gasped, as he picked himself back up from the ground; "Just let me get my feet again."

"Like that's ever going to happen in a real fight." Jaden attacked again, driving the padawan back until he was on the edge of the training platform. Seren leaped up and flipped behind Jaden, moving to the center of the circle. He raised his lightsaber as he prepared to attack, but stopped as a sudden noise filled the air.

The Academy alarms were going off - Seren sighed as he looked around. "What is going on now?" He asked.

"No idea."
 Rogue Warrior
10-08-2007, 6:49 AM
Vanile Lash tried to fight the nerves as she faced the Emperor, to his left the Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Vader and to his right the Emperor's Hand, Mara Jade. All three she knew could read her thoughts, and though she could tell when they probed her mind, or believed she could, that made the Stormtrooper all the more wary about giving any wrong thoughts.
"Loyalty is an absolute necessity at this late stage in our bid to crush this pitiful Rebellion," Palpatine crowed with not a little pride. Vanile had been forewarned that this was why she had an audience with the three most powerful figures in the Empire, knowing that her loyalty could be questioned.
"It has come to our attention that you have been involved in attempts to tip the balance of power," Vader said ominously. Vanile ignored his labored breathing that seemed to only add to his awe and kept her focus firmly on the Emperor.
"Your Highness," she began politely, "Lord Vader," she turned slightly; revealing the skull and crossbones insignia on the arm of her trooper armor, "Emperor's Hand," Vanile nodded at Mara, "my loyalty is as it's always been, to fighting against threats to the galaxy."
"Is that why you took part in efforts against Moff Seardin?" Mara asked neutrally.
"Yes, and I would do so again." A hint of a sneer crept upon Palpatine's decrepit features.
"Is that so?" Vanile fought the urge to squirm under his gaze. "Why?" For a moment Vanile thought about tapping her head, indicating to find out himself, any one of them could do so easily if they hadn't already.
"He threatened the galaxy," she replied calmly, choosing instead to keep things straight. "His efforts in serving the Empire served only to undermine it. In a very real sense it was a repeat of Grand Moff Tarkin's destruction of Aldaraan that had rallied support for the Rebels." She glanced at Vader. "With respect."
"And you see yourself as responsible for acting on these threats within the Empire?" Vader demanded. Something about the Sith Lord made Vanile give the reply she did, as unwise as it may have been.
"My first and foremost loyalty has always been to the Emperor's dream of peace in the galaxy." She thought that might help given what she was about to say next. "And if that means I have to kill one of you, if I have to kill all three, if I have to kill every member of the Rebel Alliance, then that's my mission and I have no hesitation in carrying it out." Vanile could tell that from behind his dark mask Vader was seething at the gall she had displayed. Mara and Palpatine, for their part, would have been good at a pazaak table with the straight faces they kept.
"You severely underestimate us if you believe you have a chance," Mara warned her. Palpatine raised a hand to stop both her and Vader, wanting to hear what the female Stormtrooper had to say in reply.
"Perhaps. But fighting against any threat to the galaxy is my job, no matter how risky it is."

"Thanks mum." Vanile shook away the memories of her encounter all those years ago and focused on her daughter, Mira, a Jedi.
"How was it?" Even though she was taken at a young age the two made an effort to see each other. The former Imperial soldier knew that her flesh and blood would have about a million questions about what she saw.
"You really met the Emperor?" It was not something to take pride in given all he had done, making Vanile choose her words carefully.
"It was shortly before the battle of Endor." She chose to stick to the facts of what happened. "I had done things that depending on who you ask were disloyal to the Empire." She was about to explain what when Mira surprised her mother with her next question.
"What were they like?" Not prepared for this she didn't say anything for a moment. "Come on," Mira pressed, youthful exuberance in her eyes, "what was the Emperor like?"
"Palpatine was..." Vanile trailed off while she found the right words. "As evil and vile as he was I could sense the charisma that served him as a senator and the cunning of a Bantha stall rat that made him what he had become." In light of all the dirt that had come out on the Emperor speaking about him left a bad taste in her mouth. "Vader simply inspired fear. Nothing could quite prepare you for the awe you felt facing him, an awe born of terror from his reputation."
"And Master Jade, she served with the Emperor." Vanile didn't know quite what to say about the Emperor's Hand."
"You know what Red's like," she said to Mira, referring to by a nickname she heard. "Somehow I think she wanted to get rid of Vader so she could have the Emperor to herself, but don't tell her I said that." She looked at her daughter, thinking. "Which reminds me. That reading minds thing."
"The Jedi are teaching me to be able to make it more powerful. This here? That's nothing compared to what Jedi Knights are capable of." Vanile nodded, showing interest despite something of a resentment towards the Jedi for taking her child.
"That old woman, Alixe. She came to me again about what the Jedi might be able to do to help her." Mira could see where her mother was going and shook her head.
"No, no way. That scary woman? Master Jade told me about her. Is it true she tortured more people than Vader?" Vanile leaned on her fist to hide a grin, understanding completely the young Jedi's fear.
"I don't know about that. I do know however you are right to be intimidated by her. She struck fear in even the Empire. Not just anger like the Rebel's heroes, genuine fear at what she might do to them."
 KotO[REvan]
10-08-2007, 10:17 PM
Roy looked around the area, checking to make sure no one was watching.

With hesitation he answered his call.

"Has the cargo been transported yet?"

"No,"

"Well get to it! We need those ships, Roy!"

"I'll get them there, just wait."

"We have no time, you ignorant rat! We need those--"

"Then obviously you're depending on me to get them there. Start treating me with some respect, General. Or I might just have an accident with your precious cargo on the way there."

"Che... Don't act so big and bold, we both know that the one we serve won't put up for this. Now get those ships to the station, no--"

Roy ended the call in disgust.

"Slime."
 SkywalkerRules
10-09-2007, 8:51 AM
Aluna tried to find Roy, her friend and leader. He must've been taking care of business, after her run-in with some thugs. "Oh man! Where could he be?!"

Suddenly, she found a dark figure on the other side. "Roy! Thank goodness I found you!" She ran to him, and bowed nervously.

"Sorry I'm late. There were some thugs... and... yeah..."
 KotO[REvan]
10-09-2007, 6:00 PM
Roy glared at the kneeling woman, speaking of nothing, as if he were examining her.

"We're running late, Aluna. The General is growing impatient with our timing. We'll have to find that Rodian who holds our last ship, then we must hurry back to the station."

"Come."
 SkywalkerRules
10-10-2007, 1:14 PM
Aluna stood up, and bowed her head. "Yes, Master Isйa."

The young woman feared Roy. Although he was powerful and wise, Aluna remained loyal to him. She also tried her very best not to upset him.

Aluna held her arm nervously and continued to bow her head, as she walked beside Roy.
 RobQel-Droma
10-11-2007, 1:24 PM
"Dammit," Jaden said as he returned to Seren. "One of the Imperial warlords is attacking Rodia."

"Well, I guess we better get ready then...." Seren replied. He reached down to his lightsaber, but was stopped by Jaden's hand. He looked up, confused. "We're not going." Jaden said. "We're 'not needed', apparently."

"What?"

"Lord Karven," the officer walked up to the warlord slowly, looking rather pleased with himself. Jesh Karven, Imperial warlord, and master of the greatest surviving Imperial fleet snapped out of his thoughts and looked up.

"Admiral, the first strike team is in. Everything is going according to the battle plan, although we are starting to encounter heavy resistance."

"Fine," Jesh responded quietly. He walked away, leaving the officer still standing there.

Admiral Karven walked almost aimlessly, but eventually wondered into his private quarters, still deep in thought. He activated his holo-projector after a few seconds, and waited patiently. The guards outside could hear nothing of the exchange that went on, but when the Admiral emerged from his room, nothing had changed about his expression.

He walked quickly to the bridge and addressed one of his commanders. "Move the fleet in close to begin bombardment of the surrounding areas. Make sure not to hit our troops." He turned away.

"And watch for any Republic ships."
 KotO[REvan]
10-11-2007, 9:24 PM
"Have you received the transmission from the Rodian, Aluna? This unknown planet has a powerful magnetic field. It'd be hard to receive a call from someone so far-- I could barely make out the General's orders."

Roy paused and looked around, he always kept in mind of his surroundings. The planet was full of grass and trees, the air was dense and full of oxygen.

Roy quickly glanced around, he heard bristling in the distance.

"We're being followed, Aluna."
 SkywalkerRules
10-12-2007, 7:55 AM
Aluna smiled. "Allow me, master." She cheerful did a back flip towards the bushes. When she got out, she threw a human male, about eighteen, in front of Roy. It was a Jedi spy.

"We were being followed by a Jedi!" She glared down at him. "You should know my master doesn't like to be followed by spies."

The Jedi stood up, and looked at both Dark Jedi. You could tell that he had fear and courage with him. "The Jedi Order will stop you and the other Sith! We will not let you get away with this."

Aluna smiled. "Is that so?" She pulled out her lightsaber. "What should I do with him, master?"
 KotO[REvan]
10-12-2007, 6:12 PM
"Sith?" Roy asked mockingly, kneeling down so his face was an inch away from the man.

"Don't mistake me for a Sith, sir." Roy continued to glare at the man, not saying a word. Roy always thought before acting, wondering what the consequences of his actions would be.

"This man is obviously not apart of the Jedi Knights. His clothing is outdated, and his lightsaber model couldn't be any more ancient." Roy paused, still examining the man.

"Then there will be no records of his death. Make it quick, Aluna. Let him feel no pain."

Roy got up, turned around, and continued to walk to any certain direction.
 SkywalkerRules
10-12-2007, 9:34 PM
As Aluna watched her master walk in the other direction, she quickly turned back towards the young man.

"Hey. I'm just a headstart for a Dark Jedi. You're free to go. But if you follow us again... you know what's coming. Go."

The man thanked Aluna, and ran as fast as he could from them. Aluna ran back at her master's side, wondering if Roy knew what happened back there.
 KotO[REvan]
10-12-2007, 11:14 PM
Roy kept his face turned in front, but glanced at Aluna from the back of his eyes. As usual, saying nothing.

He then reached his arm out, stretching in a way, and swiftly pulled his mask of his face.

Roy closed his eyes, trying to concentrate.

---

"This moon has no signs of life. We were mis-directed. Come, let us go back to Ship 22." Roy said.

OOC: Usually, whenever we go into the Ship 22 it's sort of like KOTOR, you're just waiting around until you reach the next planet. This is the perfect time for questions! Ask questions through out the role play to get some history / answers. Also get Roy to respect you and he'll open up to more of his secrets!
 SkywalkerRules
10-12-2007, 11:34 PM
((Okay. That sounds cool, KotO[REvan]. :) ))

"Master Isйa?" Aluna was concerned for her master. Whenever he closed his eyes to concentrate, it probably meant that something was bothering him... sometimes.

As soon as they almost reached Ship 22, Aluna's eyes saddedned. "Did I do anything wrong?"
 KotO[REvan]
10-12-2007, 11:41 PM
Roy opened his lips as if he were about to talk, but stopped dead in such action. After a moments of pause, Roy put his mask back on.

"I was just thinking of the punishment we might receive for being late. The merchant slime who gave me directions was an impostor, we must find him to pay back our respects."

Roy climbed up the ramp shooting into the core of Ship 22.
We leave for departure in 10 minutes.

Roy hurried over to the cockpit, punched in the coordinates, and hit auto-pilot.
Then, went into his room without a word.
 SkywalkerRules
10-12-2007, 11:46 PM
The young woman watched her master leave into his room. Something had to be bothering him.

Aluna closed her eyes, and used the Force to contact him.

"Master, with all due respect... something's bothering you. Is it because... of a past you had?" Aluna waited for a response patiently.
 KotO[REvan]
10-12-2007, 11:51 PM
Roy felt disturbed.

"... is now truly the best time for such questions? Is there any objective you're wishing to reach by learning knowledge of my past? Think of how your actions will work to your benefit, if at all. If not, then simply save that urge for a more appropriate time..."

"But yes, something is bothering me. But as I've said, now is not the best time."
 SkywalkerRules
10-12-2007, 11:56 PM
Aluna felt a tear come from her eye. "Yes, master. Forgive me."

She sat in the cockpit, looking at the stars. Aluna missed her beloved homeworld of Corellia. She had friends and family there. And she left all that behind.

The young woman covered her face in her folded arms, and cried silently.
 KotO[REvan]
10-13-2007, 12:00 AM
"Perhaps I'm not the only one bothered...?"

Roy said, making his words faint in Aluna's mind.
Roy calmed his tone down-- not wishing to upset Aluna. She was truly his best friend, if that was even a way to consider her as.

"If you have any thoughts, speak so now."
 SkywalkerRules
10-13-2007, 12:05 AM
Aluna wiped a tear, but continued to sob quietly.

"It's just that... sometimes I be concerned for you. But most of all... I miss my family and friends! I don't know if I'm gonna be a great Dark Jedi like you!"

Aluna cried, covering face. She felt so ashamed of crying... even when Roy's presence were felt.
 KotO[REvan]
10-13-2007, 12:08 AM
Roy actually laughed.

"A life without the consideration of consequences first hand... Haha! Let this be another lesson taught, as I've been trying to carve into your mind for a while now-- think before acting. It'll make life so much simpler."

Roy continued to chuckle.

"My pardon, but I indeed do find irony funny! Especially when, it's so predicted."

Roy is indeed cruel.
 SkywalkerRules
10-13-2007, 12:16 AM
Aluna glared at the view when she slowly rose her head up from her hands. She didn't respond, but the anger in her almost began to rise up.

She closed her eyes. "Why do you find it funny? If you told about your past, I wouldn't be laughing! Speaking of which... what was bothering you? You miss that little planet Naboo? Or were just crying over something else?"

Oops. Talking back to Roy was a dangerous thing. And Roy himself... was dangerous.
 KotO[REvan]
10-13-2007, 12:26 AM
"Hmph." Roy started. "Good. You're kind heart is what draws you back from power. Letting a man escape after given orders to slaughter him is love, love is weak!"

"And although you've took a step closer to reaching my path of darkness, you again forgot to think.

Roy canceled the conversation.

((woot! that went well, lol))
 SkywalkerRules
10-13-2007, 12:41 AM
Aluna crossed her arms and huffed. She thought she did the right thing. Her mother use to tell her that killing someone is wrong, unless they try and harm you badly.

The young woman got up, went to her room, and closed her eyes while lying in bed, hoping that she would be calm. "Love is all I need. But... Dark Jedi don't love. So what am I to do?" she thought to herself.

Finally, she went to sleep.
 KotO[REvan]
10-13-2007, 1:09 AM
((alright, that's a good spot to stop at. see ya tomorrow!))
 SkywalkerRules
10-16-2007, 9:20 AM
((Where is everybody?! KotO[REvan] and I can't do this alone.))

Aluna awoke and went to the meditation chamber. She sat in the middle of the floor, and closed her eyes.

The beautiful young woman had a lot on her mind. Aluna could see her little brother running in the fields, happy as always. Her mother and father watched him happily. But she could see that deep in their hearts, they missed Aluna.

Aluna tried her very best not to cry. She breathed, and continued to meditate.
 RobQel-Droma
10-17-2007, 10:59 PM
(((Lol, sorry guys. I'll join back in soon.)))
 KotO[REvan]
12-01-2007, 6:31 PM
((two months and not a reply, RobQel? :( it makes me want to stop))
 SkywalkerRules
12-01-2007, 6:36 PM
((Don't worry, KotO[REvan]. He'll show up... I hope.))

Aluna kept her eyes closed. "Wonder what Master Isйa is up to. Well, whatever it is... it's probably his business."

The young woman continued to meditate. As Roy said, 'Think before acting.' But what if she made a mistake again? This worried Aluna greatly.

She tried her very best to focus on meditating, without worries.
 KotO[REvan]
12-01-2007, 8:33 PM
Two days have passed since Ship 22's departure. The whole time Roy has been sitting in the center of his room, staring blankly at the grayish locker. For many hours he would do this, then he'd get up and walk around. After such, he would sit back down and repeat the process.

Suddenly a silent siren flashed all over the ship, the destination is nearby.

"We're here."

"I have some business to take care of with Mr. Ilen. You are free to do as you please, Aluna. Meet back here in four days."

Roy quickly exited his ship, and in a few moments was out of site, hidden behind the gigantic trees.

((Planet: ORIONA. Covered in trees, the planet is one gigantic forest. Records show that there are few underground cities, close to the core of the planet. The entire planet is being held together solely by the force.))

"It is my mission to find Mr. Ilen. I find it unlikely you'll find anyone living out in these forests. The safest bet for me is to find the underground city. I'll meet back with you in four days."
 SkywalkerRules
12-02-2007, 4:27 PM
Aluna sat up, worringly, after what her master had said. What was she to do in four days?

"But... but Master! What should I do? Can't I come with you?!" The young woman wanted to prove herself loyal to Roy. But if something happened to him... who knew what would happen to her.

Aluna glanced down, on the floor, waiting for Roy's answer.
 KotO[REvan]
12-02-2007, 11:26 PM
Roy felt Aluna's call, and looked back at the distant Ship 22. He stared at the cockpit window, seeing if Aluna was in sight. After a few moments of hesitation, he finally replied.

"... You'll only get in the way..." And he continued walking, without another word.
 SkywalkerRules
12-03-2007, 3:29 PM
The response that Roy made had Aluna feel bad. "... You'll only get in the way..."

After their conversation, Aluna ran to the cockpit, just in time to see Roy go into the forest. If something happened to him, would there be any chance for her to take his place?

Questions haunted her mind, as she sat down in the co-pilot seat. If Roy thought of her as weak... then she knew she was a total failure in his eyes.

Suddenly, the thought of her family came across her mind. Aluna began to hologram her old home of Corellia.
 RobQel-Droma
12-20-2007, 8:05 PM
"Come on," Seren protested. "At least we can try and help. I don't believe that any Jedi have been sent there."

Jaden shook his head. "Our orders were very clear."

"Well...." Seren paused. "At least we could go and 'observe'...."

Jaden said, "If you would have listened instead of complaining, I would have told you that that was what I planned to do. Since we don't have anything better to do."

"....Oh...."

And, ten minutes later, a two-seater x-wing was lifting off toward Rodia.

(((Yes, I've come back. The only problem is that this will soon turn into a very lonely RP - Rogue Warrior is apparently banned, and that only leaves you two and me. :) )))
 SkywalkerRules
12-22-2007, 8:01 PM
((Oh, that's all right, RobQel-Droma. We'll get through... somehow. :) ))

Aluna began to hologram her home. "Mother? Father? Are you there?" Suddenly, an image of a woman appeared.

"Aluna? Sweetheart? Is that you?" The woman asked.

The young woman smiled. "Hello, mom." The woman, named Lilia, smiled tearfully at her daughter. "Aluna! I knew it was you. How are you?"

"Not so good. Mother? Do you think... being a Dark Jedi was the right choice?"

Lilia glanced down. Then she looked back up at Aluna. "Sweetie, whatever your heart tells you... you follow it. But if you're having up's and downs of being what you are... leave it. That's what I'd do."

Her mother's advice always gave the young woman confidence. "Thank you, mother. Oh! Tell the others hi for me. I really miss you guys."

"We miss you too. And remember... we always love you. And make the right choice." And with that, the hologram shut off.

Aluna thought about it. Was being a Dark Jedi worth it? This was a hard question. After all that Roy had done for her... should she give up on him?

The young woman got up, went out of the ship, and began to look for Roy. Disobeying orders were wrong... but she wanted to make sure that her Master was safe.
Page: 1 of 1