Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Voiceovers for Mods

Page: 1 of 1
 Tysyacha
10-05-2007, 10:54 PM
How does anyone insert a voiceover into KOTOR for a mod, or for that matter, get rid of the annoying text dialogue options for the PC character? I'm absolutely desperate to find out for my new TSL movie. Check out what this YouTube user has done. How did he do it? I have no Force-ing clue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAbx8k1-Gjs)

Thanks for any and all help/input/tips!

Sincerely,
Tysyacha
 Omega_Novae
10-05-2007, 11:07 PM
You can't get rid of the dialogue options. That user just recorded a scene and added voices in a video editing program.

EDIT: Unless you make dialogues linear by placing the PC in the Speaker Tag for those red dialog lines in DLGEdit or something like that.
 Tysyacha
10-05-2007, 11:49 PM
How do you do that? I'd like step-by-step instructions, please. :)
 Darth Balor
10-06-2007, 10:33 AM
It's so easy, instead of placing the PC's lines in the reply nodes, place them in entry nodes.
 stoffe
10-06-2007, 11:27 AM
It's so easy, instead of placing the PC's lines in the reply nodes, place them in entry nodes.

Don't know if I would call it easy to modify every single dialog in the game where the player can say something, but if you want more cinematic dialogs that'd be the way to do it. :)

Essentially you double the text of each Reply node in two Entry nodes you add that follows directly below it (one for male PC, one for female with a gender check conditional script on the first Entry), set the player as Speaker and set the voiceover sound and lipsync on this Entry node. This would make the player character speak the response you pick.

Given the amount of dialog in the game this would be a hellish amount of work though. :)
Page: 1 of 1