Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WoW Guru's, I need thy help!

Page: 1 of 1
 Ghost Down
10-01-2007, 1:49 PM
Hey, I just bought WoW and played it for a bit, and all I can say is WOW! It's amazing. But I'd like some info from the WoW Guru's, Like on which class to choose, race, etc.

Thanks,

- Ghost Down
 Caius Fett
10-01-2007, 3:09 PM
Well I'd say it depends on what your play style is. If you like to get in the middle and smash away go for a Warrior or Rouge. If you like to stand back and nuke go for a Mage or Warlock. Then theres the hybrid classes like Palladin, Druid or Shaman each is a decent all around character (generally called a support class) However Paladins and Duids can be Speced to make good healers and Preists wich are generaly the main healers can be Speced to be bad ass damage dealers. I have several different characters of varying levels; a lvl 70 Holy Paladin (basically a Plate armor wearing healer) and a lvl 51 Rouge, but for my money my Mage is the most fun to play, has a high damage output and nice abilities to get out of trouble if played right.
As far as races it depends what you prefer, Alliance is the "Good Guys" and Horde the "Bad Guys". I play alliance and have Human and Draeni characters. I cant remember what each race has for classes but ilike the way those 2 races look.
I would suggest going to http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/) to get more information on specifics tho.

Hope this helps.
 Jeff
10-01-2007, 3:57 PM
I think the official WoW website does a good job describing the pros and cons of each race and class.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/index.html)

I personally play a Night Elf Druid as my main and I enjoy it because its a mix of magic and combat. Some people really prefer one or the other when it comes to ranged or melee but I like both pretty equally.

Also the Horde aren't "Bad guys". They may seem more savage in the different races they have but they aren't evil.
 GameGeeks
10-01-2007, 10:25 PM
my favorite is the druid I like the ability to change shape but in the end their basicaly a jack of trades
 lukeiamyourdad
10-01-2007, 11:36 PM
I played a Night Elf Druid. Really loved it. Can cost a fortune to respec and have different sets of gear for different jobs, but it's, IMO, the most versatile class in the game. You can do whatever you want really.

Truth is, all you have to do is experiment. There's no better opinion on this then your own. Try playing every class to around level 20+, where you can play the first instances for each faction (Deadmines for the Alliance, Wailing Caverns for the Horde, no Ragefire Chasm doesn't count). Try them all out and then decide what you prefer.

By the way, I suggest that you don't start playing with the warrior, druid and priest classes until you get some experience about the roles of each member in a party. Druids are hard to handle properly for newbies, you cannot tank properly as a newbie warrior and priests require timing that newcomers don't have. The rest should be relatively easy to handle.

More importantly, watch and learn. Watch how others play their classes. Watch them in the game, not some youtube video or forum posts. Though they can provide valuable information to a newcomer, they also are full of really stupid behavior. You have been warned. Anyway, watch and learn, ask questions to party members and find a good guild with helpful members. Also be nice with people and ask what the loot rules are before entering a dungeon, so that no problem arises during the run. At worst, "Ignore" exists :)
 Ghost Down
10-02-2007, 6:03 AM
Thanks, that was really helpfull! :)

- Ghost Down
 Ghost Down
10-02-2007, 1:55 PM
I decided to start playing as an Tauren, but what class would you recommend for a Tauren?

- Ghost Down
 lukeiamyourdad
10-02-2007, 4:43 PM
Hunters are great for newcomers so I think that should be the best choice. Your lack of agility can be somewhat of a problem until you reach level 35+ when it won't really matter anymore. They make great enhancement specced Shamans too.
Page: 1 of 1