Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

halo-star wars vehicles

Page: 1 of 1
 hellhawk
09-26-2007, 7:11 PM
did anyone notice how some halo vehicals look alot like star sorta like they were... copied? heres a list of some of them i found that i think they modeled off star wars vehicals.

1 tht new chooper in 3... its like griveouses wheel.
2the wrath from 2 is an aat minus the color and weapon

sorta lookalikes:

pelican like the pirate frigate in empire at war

and the way the scarab walks is like the spider walker

also that plasmaz pistol lokks like a battle pistol...well sorta.
by the way anyone notice the new ball turet is a non walking droidika with out the shield

anyone elkse notice any others?
 Johnpp
10-11-2007, 1:24 AM
I didn't really notice. I'm always too busy trying to count the individual polygons in the models on Halo.
 grievous797
10-11-2007, 12:04 PM
Well an explanation for why they look the same is that Bungie studios, loves their star wars, like the Elephant was based off the Sandcrawler.
 RoxStar
10-11-2007, 8:05 PM
Most Sci-Fi vehicles look similar and are all slightly related...

But yeah, I can see the Star Wars influence.
 spawn613
10-29-2007, 9:30 PM
did anyone notice how some halo vehicals look alot like star sorta like they were... copied? heres a list of some of them i found that i think they modeled off star wars vehicals.

1 tht new chooper in 3... its like griveouses wheel.
2the wrath from 2 is an aat minus the color and weapon

sorta lookalikes:

pelican like the pirate frigate in empire at war

and the way the scarab walks is like the spider walker

also that plasmaz pistol lokks like a battle pistol...well sorta.
by the way anyone notice the new ball turet is a non walking droidika with out the shield

anyone elkse notice any others?

if anything the pelican looked like it was from "ALIEN", and another thing the pelican design has barely changed from the original pelican from the original HALO which came outa few years before Empire at War. so how did they copy it? i do see a lot of influence in the choppers and wraiths though.
 Ctrl Alt Del
10-30-2007, 5:03 PM
Of course there's influence exhcange there, the Halo devs are SW fans or so they said. And how could the Pelican could have copied any SW starship?
 hellhawk
12-25-2007, 4:22 PM
yeah my mistake on that. i forgot bout the original halo
Page: 1 of 1