Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[K1]Some modding questions

Page: 1 of 1
 Serathas
09-26-2007, 12:52 PM
well, i need some really good tutorials, which describes exactly how to do it, and also a list of some tools, which i can use, either mod existing weapons, heads, etc, like i described, or make new ones

q1:
im going to make a mod, if im allowed, i will use the new soldier clothes, which changes them to the republic basic clothes, i want to make all my party members able to wear them (well, maybe not zalbaar, but yea, like everyone else, im using the make all party jedi's mod, since i think its more fun than running around with some blaster using people)

q2.and im also going to make a custom addon to malaks lightsaber, making it upgradeable, that would be really good

q3:
if anyone knows, i want to mod a female head, to make one with long straight hair, saw one on a mod here, but i only want the hairstyle, not any custom armor, it was blonde, and straight hair

q4:
also, if its able, i would like to see if anyone got a model for the republic helmets, which some of the rebels on the endar spire are using

q5: i also wonder how i can make a custom weapon, i want to make a rifle, which suits the republic armor clothes im using, from some mod i found.

q6: like i said, i would like to make the republic armor wearable, there are already skins for it out there, and i want to learn how to make all my party able to wear it fully

q7: also, if there is an option, i don't want to use cheats to get them, so, could anyone describe how to make it appear in the first container, in the starting room on the endar spire?

im completely new to modding, but this would be something great to start with.

if i can find the mods im going to make able to do all this, i will for sure give credits to the one who made them, and perhaps, i may add some new stuff to the endar spire, if i learn how to, help would do really good, in all this, im not saying that anyone should do all this, i just want some tutorials, so i can learn to do this, and not links to the main tutorial thread, i looked there, but i couldn't find it, so if you can reply with some links for it, i sure will get more into modding kotor, and i will find a place to host them at aswell, maybe filefront or kotorfiles.com
 Revan_Pwn_Malak
09-26-2007, 4:00 PM
I'm no modder (yet), but I think you'd find answers to some of your question by reading the tutorials.

Here are links to some boards that may help.

Skinning (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=595)

Tools and Tutorials (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=592)

Scirpting (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=597)

.2da Editing (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=596)

Welcome to the modding community. Hope to see some great mods in the future. If you have any further questions don't hesitate to ask (no matter how n00bish), the modding community is generally very friendly and helpful.
 Serathas
09-26-2007, 4:19 PM
probably, they would, but i need to know, exactly what to do, i tried modding before, but i only got able to change appearance of my character, to any npc in the game, not to edit it, and i was unable to use any clothes, armors, etc in the game while doing that...
 Emperor Devon
09-26-2007, 8:45 PM
i will use the new soldier clothes, which changes them to the republic basic clothes, i want to make all my party members able to wear them

To show up as just the default clothing or for whatever they wear?

q2.and im also going to make a custom addon to malaks lightsaber, making it upgradeable, that would be really good

Open BIFs/templates.bif/Blueprint, Item/g_w_lghtsbr06.uti and go to properties. From there choose whatever you want from the list (extra damage, stunning, etc) and mark a certain upgrade that's required to activate it. You can only choose a lightsaber crystal for those, by the way.

if anyone knows, i want to mod a female head, to make one with long straight hair,

Unless you want her hair to be as stiff as cardboard and have clipping issues, that's not possible.

also, if its able, i would like to see if anyone got a model for the republic helmets, which some of the rebels on the endar spire are using

The Republic helmets are part of the model for two heads. (Hence why you see the helmet in the texture file for the default Republic soldier heads). It's possible to make it available for other characters (Prime did that with Carth) but you'd have to remodel each head.

i also wonder how i can make a custom weapon, i want to make a rifle, which suits the republic armor clothes im using, from some mod i found.

Open BIFs/templates.bif/Blueprint, Item/g_w_blstrrfl001.uti to get the basic blaster rifle. From there you can add new properties in the properties menu and change its skin in the model variation. Be sure to change the Template ResRef and to save it into override under the same name.

q7: also, if there is an option, i don't want to use cheats to get them, so, could anyone describe how to make it appear in the first container, in the starting room on the endar spire?

You could either write a script and put it somewhere like in Trask's dialogue to spawn the items in that container, (tutorials are already available on that in the scripting section) or if scripting gives you the willies you could open up RIMs/Modules/end_m01aa_s.rim/Blueprint, Placeables/footlker001.uti and add your new items manually. Following that you'd have to extract all the files in the module and compile them as a new one (end_m01aa.mod) which you'd save to your modules folder so as to prevent messing up the other placeables that share the same name.
 Serathas
09-26-2007, 9:19 PM
wait, what program do i do the dialog part, and the footlocker part with? and maybe a pic based tutorial
 Emperor Devon
09-26-2007, 11:57 PM
This tutorial (http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=143536) does a good job at explaining the scripting part. You'll need tk102's doalogue editor (http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php#de), and you'll have to extract Trask's dialogue file. Go to RIMs/Modules/end_m01aa_s.rim/Dialog/end_trask01.dlg. Extract that and open it up with the dialogue editor. Then you should put the name of the script you've written (the tutorial explains the how of that) in the 'Script that fires when spoken' section of one of Trask's lines. (Make sure there isn't already something in there.)

You might find it easier, though, to simply edit the module rather than script if you haven't had much experience.
 Serathas
09-27-2007, 9:12 AM
This tutorial (http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=143536) does a good job at explaining the scripting part. You'll need tk102's doalogue editor (http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php#de), and you'll have to extract Trask's dialogue file. Go to RIMs/Modules/end_m01aa_s.rim/Dialog/end_trask01.dlg. Extract that and open it up with the dialogue editor. Then you should put the name of the script you've written (the tutorial explains the how of that) in the 'Script that fires when spoken' section of one of Trask's lines. (Make sure there isn't already something in there.)

You might find it easier, though, to simply edit the module rather than script if you haven't had much experience.

well, i will try it out, any way to change the actual weapon stats, etc? you know, so i can make a custom saber, from malaks one, upgradeable, and also, i want to change the republic coldier clothing (from a mod named: new soldier clothing), which changes the basic clothes to the republic armor, but i want it to actually serve like the armor, i know, there is some mod somewhere, for the republic armor thing, but i want to make it myself, stats, etc, and maybe mod it some, with the color part, that would be awsome, like dark/red patterns on it, and wearable, like an armor

--------------------------

well, i trued it out myself, and i got nothing, really, from the tutorial, it worked to open it up in the dlg editor, but yea, it really didn't explain how to do it in k1, which i need, like placing a new opbject either on trask, so you get the object, when you meet him on the endar spire, or on the footlocker in the start room

----------------------------

i think i found a possible way to change the appearance of the first armor you get in the game, combat armor,

or whatever its named, to the republic armor, which i got for a mod, that changes the basic soldier clothing,

but if i got to change it, i will need to get a way to make the same appearance of the soldier clothing (modded to the republic armor appearance, from a mod i got) appear on the combat armor,

or whatever its named, the first stat armor you get,

or maybe i could make a totally new armor, named: republic armor 01 (giveitem g_a_rebarm01) but then,

i will need to know how i make the appearance of the armor appear on anyone who uses the combat armor, or heavy combat armor, or if i could copy the combat armor,

and change the name of the copy to g_a_rebarm01, but also make it upgradeable, as much as calo nords armor is upgradeable

-----------------------

btw, i got the footlocker stuff to work, so i will use that, to spawn it
 Emperor Devon
09-28-2007, 4:14 AM
well, i will try it out, any way to change the actual weapon stats, etc?

That's mentioned in my first post. :)

Open BIFs/templates.bif/Blueprint, Item/g_w_lghtsbr06.uti and go to properties. From there choose whatever you want from the list (extra damage, stunning, etc) and mark a certain upgrade that's required to activate it. You can only choose a lightsaber crystal for those, by the way.

i want to change the republic coldier clothing (from a mod named: new soldier clothing), which changes the basic clothes to the republic armor, but i want it to actually serve like the armor,

Well, the first part you shouldn't have to tamper with at all if you already have a mod installed. The second you can alter by going to BIFs/templates.bif/Blueprint, Item/g_a_clothes01 and then simply adding whatever bonuses you want at the properties menu.

and maybe mod it some, with the color part, that would be awsome, like dark/red patterns on it,

First you'll need GIMP or Photoshop if you want to do any reskinning.

well, i trued it out myself, and i got nothing, really, from the tutorial, it worked to open it up in the dlg editor, but yea, it really didn't explain how to do it in k1, which i need, like placing a new opbject either on trask, so you get the object, when you meet him on the endar spire, or on the footlocker in the start room

What exactly do you mean by that? That tutorial specifically mentions how to place items in placeables and was written when only KotOR I was out.

Oh well, scripting can be a little confusing if you've not had any experience before. Have you tried module editing?

if scripting gives you the willies you could open up RIMs/Modules/end_m01aa_s.rim/Blueprint, Placeables/footlker001.uti and add your new items manually. Following that you'd have to extract all the files in the module and compile them as a new one (end_m01aa.mod) which you'd save to your modules folder so as to prevent messing up the other placeables that share the same name.
 Serathas
09-28-2007, 4:47 AM
i have already got a clothing mod now working, i will make more versions of it soon.

im in great need of a scripting tutorial, i got the merchant, the dialogue, but not the script to open it,

i do also require help to get my doors working, i use the tat_m17af area, edited, and i want the doors to work, but instead to take you to the holowan spire (v2) mod, and a button that spawns once i enter that area, which will take me back to the cantina, once i use it
Page: 1 of 1