Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New Story/Content Mod

Page: 1 of 1
 Tysyacha
09-18-2007, 4:15 PM
I've been itching to play either KOTOR I or II lately, but with a new story mod that brings new life to the old games I treasure. Modders: if you were to create a brand-new content mod, using either the KOTOR I or II gameset, in which era would you want the story to be? I'd play any one of them.

P.S. I'm a voice-actress, and I'd love to help with a mod. :)
 Hando
09-18-2007, 4:25 PM
I thought playing in the Mandalorian Wars would be fun, but you'd know who would win. But maybe if you chose to be a Mandalorian, they would win, if you complete the game, or something like that.
 Wedge Suron
09-18-2007, 4:50 PM
Maybe one lik e. Remember what Malak said at the end of K1 To you.

*Note* Nothing on the last line isn't said in the game. So no spoilers.

What if I had been Captured by the Jedi? Would I have returned to the light like you? No I would have died.

I tried not to let off the big one to new players... There's always the possibility of one.

The point is. Could you make one with Roles Reversed. Veteran Players will know what I mean. You know who and Malak.
 Tysyacha
09-18-2007, 6:29 PM
Do you know of any new content/story mods for K1 or K2 that exist right now?
 Emperor Devon
09-18-2007, 7:38 PM
Well there's the TSLRP and RH's Ord Mandell, but not really any apart from that. Mostly dialogue edits and minor content implementations.

I've got the impression most content mods are used privately. I've got a fair number of dialogue expansion mods I've never bothered to release, (it's amazing how much new dialogue adds to a story, really) and from a fair number of people I've talked to the same goes for them.

On the subject of this you might want to be more specific. What are you thinking of by new content?

(FYI, any era other than KotOR would be a lot harder to do. It would require a lot of skinning and modeling work to make it look even somewhat like it took place during the intended time period.)
 Tysyacha
09-18-2007, 7:44 PM
By new content, I mean new storyline and/or new quests and dialogue, at the very least. I don't consider reskins and new items "new content", as what I'm referring to here is "new content in relation to the original game's plotline".
 Emperor Devon
09-18-2007, 8:02 PM
By new content, I mean new storyline

Impossible. :)

Well, there's Allronix's dialogue pack (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Dialogue_Pack;81241) but not much else. You could always take up dialogue editing if you'd like to get the stuff you specifically want - it's really extraordinarily simple and easy to learn.
 Miltiades
09-18-2007, 9:08 PM
Well, the Brotherhood of Shadow mod by Silveredge9 for Kotor is close to a release, and features a new quest and a recruitable NPC. There's also deathdisco's Coruscant Mod for Kotor2, which uses the module where the Exile is tried by the High Council. There are a few more, but not that much.

But you may want to look out for TSLRP by Team Gizka, K1RP by Team Jawa and K2RP by Team Exile who restore cut-content from the games (TSLRP and K2RP for Kotor2, K1RP for Kotor). K1RP will also feature a new planet in a user-created area.
 Alexander the Great
09-18-2007, 9:17 PM
The Brotherhood of Shadow mod was just finished. Go grab that, it should satiate your thirst for blood. I mean hunger. For storyline mods, I mean.
 Weave
09-18-2007, 11:51 PM
The Brotherhood of Shadow mod was just finished. Go grab that, it should satiate your thirst for blood. I mean hunger. For storyline mods, I mean.

It is I, Weave, who deems this quote as teh uber-awesomess quote of teh week. :lol:

Team Exile is looking for voice actresses for Lt. Yima... go here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=182442)
 Sith Holocron
09-19-2007, 11:50 AM
You mentioned you're a voice actress. K2RP is recruiting for a female voice actress.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=182442)
Page: 1 of 1