Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

ubernoobe...but willing to learn

Page: 1 of 1
 Marburg
09-12-2007, 11:12 PM
I've been looking for hours now, & i'm sure I found the answer somewhere already...but, I am very confused:

All I really want to do is to change a few of my party characters into the skins available @ the character creation.

For example: I would like to change Brianna into pfhc05, & Mira switched with kristi kistic's "Athena"

This site has all the info I need, & I'm not a complete idiot, but, I would love it if someone will point me to the threads that explains the simplest way to do this.... I'm suffering from info-overload @ this point :(
 Weave
09-13-2007, 12:05 AM
refer to Stoffe's Appearance.2da walkthrough (TSL) tutorial...

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2312313#post2312313)

If you have any questions... you can ask modders specifically as well. Just PM them your question... you can ask me too.
 Marburg
09-13-2007, 12:34 AM
thanks weave...I'll "forest gump" my way through it now :)
 stoffe
09-13-2007, 7:01 AM
All I really want to do is to change a few of my party characters into the skins available @ the character creation.

For example: I would like to change Brianna into pfhc05, & Mira switched with kristi kistic's "Athena"

This site has all the info I need, & I'm not a complete idiot, but, I would love it if someone will point me to the threads that explains the simplest way to do this....

The easiest way to do this would be to change the model and head references they have set for their appearance type lines in appearance.2da.

The columns of interest in this case would be
modela - contains the name of the model file to use when naked/in underwear.
texa - contains the name of the texture file to use when naked/in underwear and being grey or lightsided.
texaevil - contains the name of the texture file to use when naked/in underwear and being darksided.

modelb - contains the name of the model file to use when wearing common clothing. Most party members have a unique body model here.
texb - contains the name of the texture file to use when wearing common clothing and being grey or lightsided.
texbevil - contains the name of the texture file to use when wearing common clothing and being darksided.

modell - contains the name of the model file to use when wearing Vogga's dancer outfit. Party members tend to use the same model here as the player appearances do already.
texl - contains the name of the texture file to use when wearing Vogga's dancer outfit and being grey or lightsided. Party members tend to have a variant better matching their skin tone.
texlevil - contains the name of the texture file to use when wearing Vogga's dancer outfit and being darksided.

normalhead - the number in this column points to a line number in heads.2da to determine which head model should be used by the appearance.
normalhead - the number in this column points to a line number in heads.2da to determine which head model should be used by the appearance if the player is already using the head referred to in the backuphead column (to prevent the player from running into their identical twin in the game).

So, to change Mira into the appearance using the PFHC05 head, you look up that head's line number in heads.2da and set it in both the normalhead and backuphead columns on Mira's appearance.2da line (456).

If you want her to use the underwear/clothing models usually associated with that head as well you look up the line in appearance.2da for the player appearance that uses this head (P_FEM_C_MED_05 - 134) and copy the values from the model* and tex* columns mentioned above.

Changing Brianna the Handmaiden works somewhat similar, though you'll need to find the lines added to appearance.2da and heads.2da by the Athena mod and use those values instead.

There is one major difference with the handmaiden compared to other party members though. She doesn't use one, but three different appearance types depending on what she's wearing.
One line (638) works pretty much like the other party members, in that her head and body model are separate. This is used when wearing armor, robes, or nothing.

When wearing clothing, however, the game automatically switches her over to use appearance type 454 (if neutral/lightsided) or 669 (if darksided) to put her in her normal hooded white outfit. These appearance types differ in that they use a full model consisting of both the head and body as one unit. Therefore you can't change only her head when she is wearing her white outfit.

To fix this, and make her wear the Athena clothes properly (if that mod includes custom clothing, I can't remember :)), you need to change the value in the modeltype column from F to B, set the head to use in the normalhead and backuphead columns, and change the model and texture names in the modelb, texb and texbevil columns for both these lines.

If you have any questions... you can ask modders specifically as well. Just PM them your question... you can ask me too.

I'd recommend posting modding questions here in Holowan rather than in PMs. Chances are someone else might have the same questions or problem as you do, and might benefit from answers others have posted. Makes the forum more of a living modding community and less of a contact list, IMO. :)
 Weave
09-13-2007, 6:21 PM
Just mentioning an alternative option is all...
I suppose it's a little more forceful to PM someone though.

"YOU'RE GONNA HELP ME RIGHT!?!"

^^^
That's kind of what it's implying... :lol:
Page: 1 of 1