Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

A problem with a .vis file.

Page: 1 of 1
 cire992
09-08-2007, 8:52 PM
I almost didn't want to make a thread about this, but I was having trouble with a module I had made.
I made a module from Taris Upper City South, editing the models a bit... though I replaced them with the originals because I was having trouble with modules lightmaps not working in game. I solved that problem (when starting it in K1 at least), but what's giving me trouble is the .vis file. I haven't changed any the model names or the room ids in the .are. I've checked the actual .vis file over and over again and can't see any problems with it.
Yet when I go to my module in game it disregards the .vis and renders only one room at a time. in K1 or in my tsl port. I'd it expect it not to work in TSL... the lightmaps don't. But that it doesn't render right in K1 baffles me. I haven't made an entirely new module there, I just edited M02ac. Am I missing something? Is there data in the .mdls that could be confusing my .vis file?
Page: 1 of 1