Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

CMI sound looping problem

Page: 1 of 1
 linklinker
09-05-2007, 7:11 PM
I have been recentley playing MI from the beggining and I finally got to start on CMI the other day. CMI refuses to play properly.

It plays fine but at random times during a conversation, the sound starts looping. I can still hit alt x and then y to exit. What bothers me is that I know CMI runs fine on this computer. I had recently reinstalled windows and I know all my drivers and such our back to the way I had them before.

Yet CMI has devolped this problem and I have no idea how to fix it. I installed the game and then moved all the files to the harddrive so I could play it without the discs.

I even tried playing CMI with scumm vm but it will spontanuesly (spelling?) crash. Plus it makes annoying popping noises every time someone speaks.

Please help. Thank you in advanced.
 wordtoyourmother
08-08-2008, 1:18 AM
I'm having this same problem too. Everytime I start the game I can get through the cutscenes fine, but the second I do anything in the first room the sound starts looping. I can move around and collect items still, but I can't progress the dialogue at all once the sound begins to loop.
Page: 1 of 1