Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

MI3 wont reach intro sequence....

Page: 1 of 1
 tizerist
09-02-2007, 12:28 PM
Hi. having got a new PC, i find that MI3 will go through to the 'choose difficulty' and then the CMI logo, but will go no further. its just black.

i've checked various other threads, which dont seem to match my specific problem.

firstly:
> My old computer was also under XP, and it worked fine.
> In the 'install direct x 5' part , only the DIRECT 3D part seems not to be installed. I thought the CD contained all the components needed? I cant seem to locate a direct 3d component on the net, even with a google search
> Compatibility modes make no difference
> I've tried scumm VM, it wont locate anything in my 'program files/lucasarts/curse' folder

any ideas guys?
 clone2727
09-02-2007, 2:57 PM
> I've tried scumm VM, it wont locate anything in my 'program files/lucasarts/curse' folder Well, if you read the readme, you would know that you have to get the data files off the discs.
 Threepwood42
09-02-2007, 9:11 PM
You can use ScummVM by guiding it to the disc drive instead of on the computer, that seemed to work fine for me. :)
 tizerist
09-07-2007, 4:27 PM
okay, game loads now. cheers.

anyone have a save game for the end of disc 1? (mega monkey)

how will scumm VM handle disc-swap anyway?

thanks again.
Page: 1 of 1