Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Shadows of Darkness

Page: 1 of 1
 Corinthian
08-31-2007, 3:06 AM
Your eyes snap open, haunted by the nightmares of flying and falling that haunted your sleep. You shiver and roll over, only to stare into the face of a skull, the dead man's body still contorted in his last, wretched moment of life.

Fear runs through your veins. Try as you might, you cannot remember anything. Who you are, where you are, how you got here...a vague sense of familiarity strokes you as you glance around the cave. An eerie green glow fills the cave, illuminating bone-like walls and a bizarre shape on the other side of the chamber, formed out of the bony walls. Shivering at the strange sight, you turn to notice four others with you in similar predicaments. You have no weapons, no sword or dagger, only the clothes on your back

I'm aware of how short that was. However, my hope is that I can put you in a similar feeling to your characters, a state of confusion and fear.

There is going to be a limit on the number of players for this. Five, to be exact. More slots may become available, but that is unlikely. Assuming I get more than five applicants, I will request a sample of your writing. This can either be another RP, or something you wrote up for this occasion. The best applicant will get the slot. Although given my previous history, that may not be an issue. So. Here we go.

5/5: ForceFightWeMe12, Grace, Quist, Starmark, Steven.
 Jason Skywalker
08-31-2007, 12:53 PM
Hum, you could give more information on what this is supposed to be, what the heck, i'll apply. Might be fun when we get more informations.

Also, reading that description reminded me of the Cube. xD
 ForceFightWMe12
08-31-2007, 1:58 PM
There isn't much explained here because the whole point of the RP is for the players to have no idea what's going on - thus, the characters genuinely have no idea either. We aaaall figure it out together xP

Count me in.
 Grace
08-31-2007, 2:09 PM
Yeah, I'm in. Was considering it... then, FFWM gave me the needed nudge ;)

So here I am. :)
 Corinthian
08-31-2007, 2:12 PM
Welcome aboard, me hearties.

Jason, the whole point of the RP is that you're in sort of a mystery. Besides, on most of my other RPs I've done large infodumps at the start and they haven't been very successful. This is sort of an about-face.
 Jason Skywalker
08-31-2007, 2:26 PM
Yeah, well, whatever. It's just that i'm accostumed to the RP's that have more information at the recruitment thread.
 ForceFightWMe12
08-31-2007, 2:32 PM
Yeees, we know what you're accustomed to, Jason. This is a different sort of RP - as we've explained already :xp:
 steven
08-31-2007, 3:21 PM
Sounds interesting, count me in. Just wondering but is this a fantasy, real life or star wars rpg?
 starmark2k
08-31-2007, 5:10 PM
I'll like to throw my hat into the ring and sign up. Sounds like it could be fun with the whole amnesia thing.
 Corinthian
08-31-2007, 10:30 PM
Alright. We'll start on Wednesday of next week. Anyone who wants in, please, post. And the rest of you might as well shoot me a writing sample for future reference.
 DrPhil2501
09-01-2007, 11:43 PM
I might join... this sounds interesting... but to quote steven, what sort of RP is this? Is it Star Wars or what?
 Corinthian
09-02-2007, 5:57 AM
It's Fantasy.
 Corinthian
09-03-2007, 1:11 PM
Apologies to the mods present for the double post. Attention: Quist and ForceFight are thus far the only ones who have sent me a sample. Due to the nature of this RP, there is a limited number of slots, and I'm really too lazy to go hunt down examples of your writing. Also, please enclose in your PM your IM account, assuming you have one. Preferably MSN, AIM works too. It's easier to coordinate a group in a chat as opposed to an endless series of Tiny Posts.

Edit: It's Tuesday. None of you, except Quist, Grace, and ForceFightWMe12 have sent me their writing samples. So. The remainder have until I post the RP on Wednesday to send me an example of your writing. I didn't think this was all that hard, all you have to do is sent me a previous example, but apparently, it defies you.
 DrPhil2501
09-05-2007, 2:15 AM
Why do you even need a sample of our writing?
 Empress Padme
09-05-2007, 2:32 AM
this seems very intersting, if its not to late can i join, i can give you a sample of my writing, though i don't have MSN or anything like that
 Jason Skywalker
09-05-2007, 7:46 AM
I would, but something came up in my personal life so i have to quit this RP. Sorry.
 Corinthian
09-05-2007, 7:56 AM
Because there's a limited number of spaces and I want the best possible selection of players. Or did you not read that part? Bah, I don't care. Time's up. Players have been selected. Thank you for making something so simple so incredibly complicated.

EDIT: Due to circumstances I didn't take into account, the thread will probably go up on Thursday.
Page: 1 of 1