Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Elder Scrolls custom classes

Page: 1 of 1
 Achilles
08-30-2007, 5:50 PM
Someone mentioned vampires in Oblivion in another thread and it reminded me of a Dunmer "Vampire Hunter" custom class that I played through recently. I wonder if anyone else had any other fun custom classes they created for either Morrowind or Oblivion.
 stoffe
08-30-2007, 5:58 PM
Someone mentioned vampires in Oblivion in another thread and it reminded me of a Dunmer "Vampire Hunter" custom class that I played through recently. I wonder if anyone else had any other fun custom classes they created for either Morrowind or Oblivion.

I usually end up playing as a Sorceress or Witch class. Not very imaginative. :) It would have been nice if you could rename your class to fit your playing style or archievements as you progress though. Not that any NPC ever seems to care what your class is.

Classes in the TES games seem to be little more than a label and starting template though, since there seems to be no class-specific abilities or spells or other distinguishing features, and if I play through the whole game and do everything I tend to end up as a Jill of all Trades, Master of All with all skills and most ability scores maxed anyway regardless of how I started out.
 Achilles
08-30-2007, 6:25 PM
I generally try to stick to a very limited set of skills in order to increase replayability (if that's even a word :D). I typically even go so far as to dictate what kind of armor they can wear, what kind of loot then take/sell, and which kinds of enemies they're allowed to fight.
 stingerhs
08-30-2007, 7:35 PM
the last playthrough, i decided to actually role-play. for that one, i made a custom class similar to the Barbarian class already included, but with a couple changes. it was built around the idea of duplicating my idea of a Beserker by starting with a Redguard (since they have a similar power already). then, i limited him to wearing heavy armor except for the helmet and cuirass while carrying around a massive battle axe.

it was very effective, and i'll probably jump right back into it whenever i decide to keep playing the game again. :)
 Darth333
08-30-2007, 7:40 PM
I have always customized my PC in the TES series. Not only the class but the race and the background ( they get custom bonuses and penalties...I try to give them a weakness too so they have to watch their backs a bit more when fighting some types of enemies ).
 Alexander the Great
08-30-2007, 7:49 PM
As many might know, you should pick endurance and luck as starting attributes no matter what your class. Other than that, I use a Breton with a stealth focus and some magic. Skills are light armor, alchemy, blade, marksman, illusion, destruction, and something else depending on what I'm aiming for specifically.
 ChAiNz.2da
08-31-2007, 9:29 AM
I always use a custom race & class for my TES games :D

"Wayward" class (my play habits are much akin to stoffe's Jack of all Trades ;) )
"Fey'ri" race, (D&D daemonfey), demon type.. horns, fangs, tails, wings, etc etc.

Lurve playing the 'demon on "vacation" in the mortal world' type character :lol:

Same with Darth333 I try to balance out my race/classe with sufficient penalties to counter-balance. The game isn't as fun if you're one-hitting stuff, and even with the scaled leveling.. it can easily be in the pc's favor depending on what you mod ;)
 mimartin
08-31-2007, 11:42 AM

Achilles of all people are going to love my custom class (at least the name) on my current play through of Oblivion. She is an Imperial and her custom class is called Angel. That is also her name, after my last play through, which included the Dark Brotherhood and the Thieves Guild Quests; I wanted a PC that would have a little more conscience.

I’m limiting to her to only stealing what is absolutely necessary to complete the main quest (somehow she went from 3 items stolen to 303 items stolen overnight, guess she isn’t as pure as I was given her credit for). I’ve also limited her to using the Blade's weapon and their Armor; after all she is a Blade (that said I will be enchanting them all as I find more Grand Soul Gems). I am limiting my use of enchanted weapon this time around and have enchanted most rings so far with luck. I’m also trying to use night eye less so that I can see the true beauty of the game and not some gray outline.

As far as set up, talk to Stoffe, as I use the blueprint Stoffe has suggested in numerous post on the Forum. Still can not bring myself to try Sorceress or a Witch, as I enjoy sinking my Blade into the enemy a little too much for that.
 stoffe
08-31-2007, 12:56 PM
I’m limiting to her to only stealing what is absolutely necessary to complete the main quest (somehow she went from 3 items stolen to 303 items stolen overnight, guess she isn’t as pure as I was given her credit for).

That's just an annoying bug in the game.There are other places, but the most prominent one where this can happen is the Mythic Dawn shrine. For some annoying reason the loot in the Mythic Dawn areas is flagged as owned by the Mythic Dawn faction. Due to this your "Items Stolen" count will go up if you pick up anything in this area (and since each gold piece is considered an item your Items Stolen counter will go up by 200 if you pick up 200 gp).

However, since the Mythic Dawn faction is flagged as "evil" the game's crime system doesn't care if you commit any crimes against them, and thus the "pickup hand" cursor does not display as red even though the items are owned, the items won't get the "hand" cursor in your inventory and you won't get any bounty for taking them.

If you're going to stick to using Blades Katanas as weapons don't forget to pick up the better version (Ancient Akaviri Katana) in the old ruin where you are sent to retrieve the Armor of Tiber Septim. I think one of the skeletal blades carry it. :)
 tk102
08-31-2007, 1:11 PM
I usually end up playing as a Sorceress or Witch class. Not very imaginative. :) I'm a purist too. No that's not true. I'm just too impatient to fiddle faddle with custom classes. It seems too much like splitting hairs. If I want to be an archer, I'll be one. If I want to be a spell caster, I'll be one. But I have to get past the player customization screen first so click-click done.
I tend to end up as a Jill of all Trades, Master of All with all skills and most ability scores maxed anyway regardless of how I started out.Exactly. :p
 mimartin
08-31-2007, 1:56 PM
Yea, I got though the Mytic Dawn shrine with only stealing the Mysterium Xarxes (I remembered what you wrote in another thread) . It also counted Dar-Ma’s Diary as a theft. The third item was something I knocked off the counter in one of the shops. As to the other 300 they either came from Oblivion World or a Vampire Cave (although I did wonder a couple bandit hideouts, but I’m sure they did not resister stolen items because that was before the Mytic Dawn shrine) as I’ve been very careful as to what I’ve picked up or knocked over.

If you're going to stick to using Blades Katanas as weapons don't forget to pick up the better version (Ancient Akaviri Katana) in the old ruin where you are sent to retrieve the Armor of Tiber Septim. I think one of the skeletal blades carry it. :) The Ancient Akaviri tends to be the ones I usually enchant, I don’t sell anything I get off the four Blade skeletons out of respect for the Blades. So it is stored at my dwelling now and I will go check it out. Thanks as always Stoffe. I may have to buy you an Xbox 360 so you can explain how to play Mass Effect to me come November.:D
Page: 1 of 1