Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Solid, explained proof of Christianity.

Page: 1 of 1
 Arcesious
08-29-2007, 6:29 PM
Look at this: http://www.leestrobel.com/channels/Creator.php)
Also look at the other video selections. The page i have linked here is On the scientific side of Christianity's proof.

Hopefully you'll see the truth. ~snipped~ this post was not intended as arrogant. It's your choice whether to accept the scientific things said and everything else said in the videos and sound clips on that site. Just as many say i'm blind to soemthing such as evolution since it contracts my bleifs, this will contradict yours heavily, and be very hard to argue agaisnt one you have watched every single video and listened to every sound clip.

I hope you can come to see the truth in what has been heavily explaiend there people- don't neglect a single video, as every one should answer every other question and contradiction you have agaisnt the God from Christianity.

One video amy not explain it all and leave out some things, but another will back up those thigns with what was explained- so don't come to me saying 'Lies! it's all lies!' before you have seen ALL of what is explained on there.

Please actually watch those videos with an open mind and give them a chance. don't just go wathc one video and then think 'they all must be pointless since that one seemed pointless', and leave off at the first one you see or hear- consider what is said first and if something contracts what you beleive and 'know' as true, then find a video or sound clip on their that backs it up with the proper facts needed to close the confliction.

-Note, these videos and sound clips are very blunt and precise in explaining these things. Don't reject it just because some pastor looks like he is out of his mind and completely brainwashed in YOUR prespective.

(please don't consdier this post as arrogant or offensive, as any bluntness in it is meant to catch your attention. i suggest anyone who isn't a Christian to see and hear what is on the site i am refering to.)
 Emperor Devon
08-29-2007, 6:43 PM
I finished watching the videos. They were all totally standard and non-unique arguments for deities that I and other atheists at Kavar's have disproved a thousand times already. The only difference was that the speaker was up on a podium and had no-one to argue his claims with.

It was still really funny to see that guy berating atheists for saying the universe came out of nothing when he's making the same claims about his deity. For how authoritative he was trying to sound you'd think he would have at least recognized how the burden of proof was his. :)

I would encourage you to read some more books that argue for and against theism, Arcesious. You'll find the arguments presented in those clips have been discussed in much greater depth.
 Arcesious
08-29-2007, 6:47 PM
Yeah right. theres at least days worth of videos to watch on there. You are jsut being blind to what is being said.
 jonathan7
08-29-2007, 6:48 PM
Hopefully you'll see the truth. if not, you're blind, and i feel sorry for you. this post was not intended as arrogant.

Not intended as arrogant? Well it is... For a starters from previous threads you ask others to come to this with an open mind, yet you do not consider others arguments. What is it with Christians like you... Do you really think Jesus if posting in a forum would post this? The link from Strobel is good, the rest is inconsequantial. Why is it in the west Christians there have this obssession with winning arguments? What do you think causes people to come to faith? Its not fancy arguments; (which incidentally I think Achilles will breaze in and quickly put a good argument against this). Its seeing the love between brothers and sisters and the Holy Spirit at work - miracles are very hard to argue against when see first hand. Before you are arrogant enough to think I don't know what I'm talking about; I have just got back from a Christian youth camp where we had 20 non-Christians... 17 are now Christians. Now I'm not saying don't read things, but if you are seriously wanting to do evangelism you should read some of the premiere Athiests works such as Dawkins, Russel et al, before you start trying to debate with others! Have you read any of their works? I would reccomend Nietzsche for you; a classic quote of his for you; "After coming into contact with a religious man I always feel I must wash my hands." The question you may want to ask is this what you leave non-Christians wanting to do? Another quote for you to think about by Nietzsche; "The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher regard those who think alike than those who think differently." And finally someone I surley hope you have heard of; Or to quote William Lane Craig; 'I would reccommend leaving debating to the experts, you need to be well read before engaging people'.
 Emperor Devon
08-29-2007, 6:51 PM
Yeah right. theres at least days worth of videos to watch on there. You are jsut being blind to what is being said.

Aren't you open-minded. :) If you'd like to tell me why I'm wrong, please re-explain to me why the videos I've watched are right. Perhaps I've missed something you haven't? Simply calling me blind, however, does not lend any support to your arguments.
 tk102
08-29-2007, 6:52 PM
Hopefully you'll see the truth. if not, you're blind, and i feel sorry for you. this post was not intended as arrogant.How exactly is that not arrogant? You are saying your word is the truth and all others are blind. How then can there be a discussion on this? Please consider revising your wording in the future.
 Arcesious
08-29-2007, 6:52 PM
I can't believe this. you guys responded almost immediatly- as with all threads based on Christianity, do you even know why you are so quick to react to these things the way you do? Just like that one bible verse... i should have known better than to put every bit of information before you at once, as it is natural for you to reject it.
 jonathan7
08-29-2007, 6:57 PM
I can't believe this. you guys responded almost immediatly- as with all threads based on Christianity, do you even know why you are so quick to react to these things the way you do? Just like that one bible verse... i should have known better than to put every bit of information before you at once, as it is natural for you to reject it.

Did you even read my post?

I am reminded of Sir A.C. Doyle quote; "Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself"
 tk102
08-29-2007, 7:00 PM
PM sent to you Arcesious.

Threads in Kavar's Corner that start off on the wrong foot have rarely gotten better and often degenerate further.
 Jae Onasi
08-29-2007, 7:54 PM
Now I'm not saying don't read things, but if you are seriously wanting to do evangelism you should read some of the premiere Athiests works such as Dawkins, Russel et al, before you start trying to debate with others! Have you read any of their works? I would reccomend Nietzsche for you; a classic quote of his for you; "After coming into contact with a religious man I always feel I must wash my hands." The question you may want to ask is this what you leave non-Christians wanting to do? Another quote for you to think about by Nietzsche; "The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher regard those who think alike than those who think differently." And finally someone I surley hope you have heard of; Or to quote William Lane Craig; 'I would reccommend leaving debating to the experts, you need to be well read before engaging people'.

I would not recommend a Christian read atheists as the first choice, but they are important to read at some point. We need a good grounding in the faith and the philosophy first, and as such I would recommend instead for reading C.S. Lewis' Mere Christianity and The Problem of Pain, Ravi Zacharias' Can Man Live Without God?, and of course the Bible. Lee Stroebel's The Case for Christ and The Case for Faith are good starting points for a more in depth discussion.

@Emperor Devon--have you really disproved these arguments 1000 times? Have you disproved God even once? Unless you have infinite knowledge of an infinite being, there's no way you can prove your negative.
Page: 1 of 1