Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Kotor Savegame editor help needed

Page: 1 of 1
 Arcesious
08-29-2007, 5:36 PM
I'm trying to get my guys to have specific looks with the Kotor Savegame editor, but i have to go intot he gam each time to check if i got the right appearance i wanted. for example- if i wanted a character to look like a sith master, a specific one- i have to change it, save it, and go itto the gam eto see if it worked. this is proving to be quite annoying. i have about 30+ different types of sith master appearances to browse through, taking tons of wasted time, as i can't find exactly wha ti'm lookign for. is their a tool that allows me to look at the appearances wqithout having to play the game to see if i got the right one? Specifically, i'm trying to make some of my guys look like those 3 Sith masters at the end of the Freedom Nadd's tomb level, who looked really cool. If their isn't a tool or sometihng that does that, it would be nice to have one, or you could just refer to me what the appearance name of the appaearance i am looking for is.

(note to any noobies to simple modding- If you want to change things about and of of your Characters with the Kotor Savegame Editor, you cannot be inside the ebon Hawk in a the savegame you are editing for the changes to take place. you have to be outside, on a planet, with your party members you want changed with you.)
 tk102
08-29-2007, 6:11 PM
The fastest way of finding out the appearance index for the character is to do a search for them. In FindRefs, I did a search for "Sith Master" and found
411DXN_s.rim g_darkjedi004.utc FirstName Sith Master
I then clicked "Extract Selected Files" and opened it with KGFF. The Appearance_Type is 564 (Dark_Jedi_Hi_Male_03).

HTH
 Arcesious
08-29-2007, 8:39 PM
Um... i made Atton look like that- and he was invisible, and when i changed back to him, my game froze. help!
 tk102
08-29-2007, 8:43 PM
Did you use KSE while the game was running? :(
 Arcesious
08-29-2007, 8:53 PM
No. i changed him to look like he should, along wih kreia too- and they were both invisible, and froze the instant i switched to them.
Page: 1 of 1