Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

LS Portraits

Page: 1 of 1
 jonathan7
08-28-2007, 6:38 AM
Hey All, well this is my first very small mod (thanks must go to SykoRevan who basically got me to finish it), its only changes the portraits ingame (as they do suck) of the players party, I am not as yet fully happy with it, art for Canderous, GOTO and Mira from official sources seems to be non-exsistant. If anyone has any better pictures that could be used as portraits please PM me.

EDIT: UPDATED VERSION 1.1

Anyways thanks to ED here is the downloadlink at KotOR Files;

Clicky (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/New_Lightside_Portraits;82487)

And heres a screenie;

http://screenshots.filesnetwork.com/68/files2/82487_1.jpg)

And here is the readme;

================================================== ====
KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC II: THE SITH LORDS MODIFICATION
================================================== ====

AUTHOR: jonathan7
EMAIL: Message me via lucas forums user name is jonathan7
NAME: New Lightside Portraits
CREDITS: Fred Tetra for the wonderful KotOR tool, SykoRevan - who without wanting portaits
I would never have finished this, tk102 for the KSE, too all the random websites which still have the concept art and artwork
from the PC versions instruction book and finally the wonderful programe that is Adobe Photoshop.

FILENAME: TSL Portraits Version 1.1 - Updated
FILE SIZE: 1MB unzipped
DATE RELEASED: 27/08/2007

DESCRIPTION: Very simple; just changes the original portraits to better ones :-)

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:"Extract from the zip and place the files in the Override folder.
If you do not have one, you will need to make one."
Make sure they are not in a subfolder in your overirde though. There
are also alternate portraits for Kreia and GOTO. Updated; More Alternate Portraits for GOTO and Mandalore!
You will need to rename these before sticking them in the overide if you want to change the ones I have set as default!

COMMENTS: Enjoy! Photoshop makes editing things in TSL quite easy :-)

BUGS: Should be none, PM me if any problems

PERMISSIONS: Feel free to use this mod in any way and in any mods you may want to do,
just make sure to give a quick note to me in the readme!

THIS MODIFICATION IS PROVIDED AS-IS AND IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT
OR LUCASARTS OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS FILE IS AT
YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY
DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.
 Wedge Suron
08-28-2007, 6:43 AM
Here's a Question that will be asked.

Did you ask for permission to use this idea?

I do believe this has been done before.
 jonathan7
08-28-2007, 6:47 AM
Here's a Question that will be asked.

Did you ask for permission to use this idea?

I do believe this has been done before.

Permission off whom? I did it all from scratch and given that I am unaware of anyone having done this kind of portrait mod I can't be accused of having copied them. Infact I don't think I need permission at all to do a mod from scratch, otherwise everytime any did a mod that was similar to any mod done by someone else they would need to ask permission... how would that make sense?

Infact Forum rules no.5 states;

5. Get permission before using someone elses work
Most modders have no problem with people using some or all of their work for other projects, but some do. As a courtesy to the authors of other mods, please get permission to use their work with your own. This will prevent any hard feelings. Threads that discuss/link to mods that use other mods without permission will be locked and the links to said mods removed.

Given I haven't used anyone elses work I don't need permission, may I make 2 suggestions; 1 don't try to be a moderator (if I am in the wrong use the report bad post function, and RH et al will deal with it) and 2 If you are going to insist on being a mod read the forum rules found here; http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2150724#post2150724)
 Jae Onasi
08-28-2007, 9:28 AM
If this is all your own work, jonathan7, then this is fine. There may be other portrait mods but making your own portraits for a new mod is not plagiarism.

Paul--Please use the report post feature (the little yellow dot beneath someone's avatar/location) if you have a concern about someone breaking the rules. Making a post to notify someone that they've broken the rules is spam and is a violation of the rules itself.
 Quatra
08-28-2007, 4:23 PM
I have a suggestioin for jonathan7.

Can you put the screenshot in the zip file as well?

Can you put some image for the files in the alternate folder?

I have a lot of mods in my computer and i don't remember what they do without an explanation.

thanks
 Emperor Devon
08-28-2007, 6:29 PM
KotorFiles removes all screenshots from uploaded mods so as to reduce the size of our files (and increase the download speed for people with slower connections). Since all our mods have screenshots, though, you can save them onto your computer and move them wherever you want.
 Quatra
08-29-2007, 5:34 AM
unfortunatly, the alternate folder doesn't have screenshot :(
 jonathan7
08-29-2007, 4:03 PM
unfortunatly, the alternate folder doesn't have screenshot :(

I have submited version 1.1 to kotorfiles, just waiting for them to upload it; that does have a screenie of all of them (as well as the new portraits added). Alternatively you can PM me your email address and I will happily email it to you :-)
Page: 1 of 1