Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Case of Robert Sean Stockwell

Page: 1 of 1
 Corinthian
08-24-2007, 10:02 PM
The dark office was lined with things that made the mind cringe. Books on Kabbalism, Demonology, various other semi-religious texts mixed with obscure, ancient medical texts, sculptures of demons and golems stood alongside such mundane things as an icy tea-kettle and a set of teacups, all shattered. A set of three holes gored through the walls, spattered with the blood and other pieces of the late Doctor Robert Stockwell. They hadn't cleaned the house yet, although the Police were pleased with their findings to their own satisfaction.

The Police thought it was a fairly simple case. Hungry wild animal, frail old man, the animal finds a way in, kills him and eats half his body. However, the victim's best friend, Doctor Henry Morgan, had contacted him, disbelieving the Police's decision that the death was the result of an animal attack. He hadn't given any details, but Morgan had a point. Not many wild animals could kill anyone, even an old man, fast enough that he couldn't even scream, and of the few that could, he couldn't think of any that would eat the entire lower half, even the bones, as well as make those massive holes in the wall.

On the other hand, a human attack didn't make much sense either. There were no penetration wounds on the victim's upper half, only massive bruising, he apparently bled out after going into shock. But where did those huge holes come from? Bullets didn't fit, and no one could use any kind of edged weapon with any speed to carve through a man's ribcage and spine with any degree of speed.

Nothing about the case made sense. Morgan had contacted him two days ago in his office with the most cryptic message possible. He'd sent him a package with $500, a set of pictures of the crime scene, and then told him to find out what really happened. Before he could question Morgan, the Doctor had hung up.

About the only clue he had to go on was Stockwell's family. Morgan had disappeared without a trace the day after making the call, leaving the only clue of his death his cousin, who lived on the lower-east side of Arkham. The detective turned around, picking his hat up as he went for the door, pausing for a moment and glancing over his shoulder. He could have sworn he saw something. He shrugged and headed through the door.

This RP will be following an unexplained mystery in the fictional city of Arkham, Massachusetts and the surrounding area in 1925. Following the story of a detective as he attempts to solve the mystery of the death of Doctor Robert Stockwell. Due to the nature of this RP, I'd appreciate if everyone involved would send me their IM accounts, preferably AIM or MSN, as the effect of the RP would be shot to hell with a conversation spread out over thirty posts and five days.

Characters will be drawn in by various ways. There will only be one detective, for example.

0/1 Private Investigator:

0/1 Stockwell's Cousin:

0/3 University Doctors:

More positions may become open as the case unfolds.
 Weave
08-25-2007, 3:52 AM
Looks very interesting... plus... me and my family love Crime Drama a wee bit too much... :D
I've sent you my MSN.
However... what is exactly required to make our characters? Bio, appearance, etc.
 Corinthian
08-25-2007, 6:37 PM
Pretty much the usual. Name, Age, Gender, Appearance, History, Personality, Equipment, Notes. Nothing too complex. Keep in mind that you're all civilians so you shouldn't be hauling arsenals. Welcome aboard, Weave.
 Weave
08-25-2007, 8:17 PM
Name: Jerry Robertson
Sex: Male

Appearance: http://i13.tinypic.com/4y00s34.jpg)

History:

Coming Soon...

Personality:

Coming soon...

Equipment:

Flashlight, German Luger, cigars, wooden matches, and his handy Swiss Army Knife.

Notes:

Pending Acceptance...
 Corinthian
08-25-2007, 8:27 PM
Sorry, Weave, but I don't think this guy is right for the P.I.
 Weave
08-26-2007, 4:07 AM
Hold on let me fix him up... I had to take a break for a while...
 Corinthian
08-26-2007, 5:49 AM
Uh...I can't really approve a guy with no history or personality.
 Weave
08-26-2007, 6:02 AM
Yeah... i know... I'll get on it in the morning... it's really late where I'm at and i had to deal with some... issues.
Is the picture any better?
 Corinthian
08-26-2007, 5:48 PM
Yeah, the picture is fine.
 Grace
08-27-2007, 8:18 PM
Name: Dana Davis

Appearance: Picture! (http://www.colournation.com/uploads/photos/1478.jpg)

History: Dana Davis is the daughter of Alicia Stockwell-Davis, Robert Stockwell's youngest aunt. She grew up only vaguely familiar with her cousin, for he was only occasionally mentioned when she was a girl. Dana knew her father's side of the family far better than her mother's.

Dana graduated from college when she turned 23 and became an investigative journalist traveling around the world for a well known magazine. She bought a small apartment on the lower east side of Arkham, but she spent little time there. Six months after purchasing the apartment, she had her first actual contact with her cousin, Robert Stockwell. They shared family stories and agreed to keep in touch.

As the years continued to roll past, they fell out of touch again due to Dana's busy travel schedule. It came as a great shock to her when she returned from a trip and learned of her cousin's death. The police told her one story; Stockwell's best friend Henry Morgan gave her another story entirely. Shortly after he relayed the information to her, he vanished. Now even less comfortable with the situation, Dana began looking for jobs that would take her out of the country. Currently, she is in Paris, but the trip is coming to an end. Soon, she'll have to go back to Arkham and she's almost certain there will be many questions directed to her... and she's not looking forward to it.

Personality: Dana is usually very easy to talk to and good at sniffing out the truth of a situation, but since the death of Robert Stockwell she has been a little more elusive and her mind seems preoccupied with other things.

Equipment: Pen, small notebook, laptop, small knife hidden in her purse 'just in case'
 Corinthian
08-28-2007, 2:21 AM
Approved. And welcome.
Page: 1 of 1