Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Which Version of CMI?

Page: 1 of 1
 Dewey32
08-19-2007, 3:26 PM
Hey

I'm looking to buy the Curse of Monkey Island, however, having looked around I've noticed there are versions which support different versions of Windows (ie theres some that support 95/98 and others that support XP etc.), see here for what I mean:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_vg_h_/026-2460638-6297239?initialSearch=1&url=search-alias%3Dvideogames&field-keywords=monkey+island+3)

My questions concerns whether I'll be able to play the 95/98 version on my XP if I use ScummVM, or should I just opt for the version which supports XP, despite costing more?

Thanks!
 Thrik
08-19-2007, 3:57 PM
I wasn't actually aware there was more than one version, code-wise. I'm guessing that the 95/98 one does actually work normally on XP, and if not then it almost certainly will with the help of ScummVM.

I'm very saddened to have lost my original CDs (only have the box and manual) so I can't verify the original 1997 version does actually work on XP, although I don't think I've seen many people saying it doesn't.

Incidentally, anyone know if a patch was ever released for CMI? I can't remember at all.
 Ray Jones
08-20-2007, 2:42 AM
Hm. I think they made a patch so even folks like Fealiks or McCoy would be able to complete the game. Aaahahaha. *wet pants* XD
 Joshi
08-20-2007, 11:15 AM
You should be able to get the 95/98 version to work using ScummVM (most people have) but if you want piece of mind, get the xp version.

Thrik, I think there was a patch, but I'm also unsure (and only just realised that I also have no idea where my CMI disc is... it's probably stuffed in some random DVD box, but I'm buggered if I know which).
 bgbennyboy
08-20-2007, 11:45 AM
As far as I know there wasn't a patch and all releases of CMI (except for different language versions) are the same. Regardless of which version you get, you'll be far better off playing it through ScummVM so just go for the cheapest.
Page: 1 of 1