Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Yes! Yes! Corporate Brainwashing For The Win!

Page: 1 of 1
 SilentScope001
08-07-2007, 7:25 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/health/2007/08/07/2007-08-07_for_kids_it_tastes_better_if_its_in_a_mc.html)

A shocking study of preschoolers finds they think anything in a McDonald's wrapper - even a vegetable - tastes better than the same food in a plain wrapper.

Oh, oh, thank you! You don't know how much this means to me. I am a proponent of free speech, and if free speech can allow for kids to eat healthy food just by placing the McDonald label on it, well, that's great!

Subliminal ads/blackmasking (currently unconfirmed, likely does not exist, sorry conspiracy theorists), spamming (remember, there is 1 fool for every 100 people view a site), viral marketing (because you'll buy a soft drink if some random friendly guy tells you to, right?), product placement (This Television Show Is About A Very Cruical Issue: Should you dunk "Oreos" in a milk or eat it raw?)...all these things are very interesting, if ahem, unethical, indeed. The only thing I don't understand is why haven't the Political Parties and the Ideologies start pulling off stuff like this? They seem quite effective.
 JediKnight707
08-08-2007, 12:05 AM
The only thing I don't understand is why haven't the Political Parties and the Ideologies start pulling off stuff like this? They seem quite effective.
What makes you think that they haven't? If they are indeed subliminal, then wouldn't we not know about it? Did you hear about the presidential hopefuls and their wives? A good portion of the wives are in their twenties/thirties. Sex appeal is a form of subliminal messaging.
 Crahsystor
08-08-2007, 11:37 AM
What makes you think that they haven't? If they are indeed subliminal, then wouldn't we not know about it? Did you hear about the presidential hopefuls and their wives? A good portion of the wives are in their twenties/thirties. Sex appeal is a form of subliminal messaging.

Actually as a student of psychology I must state that subliminal stimuli, while more effective than traditional advrtising, is far from beeing the all-powerfull brainwashing tool most people believe it to be. Visual subliminal ads can easily be recognized in slow motion or frame-by-frame viewing. I seriously doubt that any large corporation would risk public outcry and a legal scandal by using techniques that are so easily recognizable.

On the other hand corporations are using a large variety of legal "semi-subliminal" stimuli. For example: did you notice how the vast majority of restaurant chains and food companies have orange, red or yellow emblems and indor decors in these colors? The domination of orange, yellow and red in one's surroundings is known to increase hunger. There are many, many more examples of such "semi-subliminal" stimuli.

Personally I find this to be a good thing. This will let the resilient, strong-minded part of the population get the upper hand, while the gullible and suspectible becoming easy prey for advert companies.
 Achilles
08-08-2007, 2:36 PM
Personally I find this to be a good thing. This will let the resilient, strong-minded part of the population get the upper hand, while the gullible and suspectible becoming easy prey for advert companies. Quoted for truth/humor. :)

I use my powers for good though
Page: 1 of 1