Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Skin Loading Problem

Page: 1 of 1
 IronScorpion
08-06-2007, 5:11 PM
I recently found a model that I decided to skin, and successfully built it and got it working (as far as I can tell), but I had to load it with the /model command.
There is no icon that will let me choose the skinned model. Could any of you tell me what is wrong? I'm on a Mac, and I did the skinning using the yoda_ghost shader that I modified to shade the model as a ghost with 3 colors(for team play and free for all): green for default, red for red, and blue for blue. This is my first skin as well, and I'm worried that I got in over my head. I have a fully compiled (and uncompiled, if needed) file with the team colors, and three compiled (and uncompiled) files with the individual colors that I used to test with (though they suffer the same problem of not showing without the /model command). I would like to release this skin, but if I can't get this to show up, then I won't release it. Please help!
 ds615
02-01-2008, 10:11 AM
It sounds like you are simply missing the Icon image. You should have an icon.jpg for each color and one for default.
The image is a simple jpg, normally a shot of the figure but not always.

icon_default.jpg, icon_red.jpg, and icon_blue.jpg.
 M@RS
02-15-2008, 11:20 PM
or ask someone else to make the icons for you and give them CREDIT for the icons.
 ds615
02-22-2008, 10:43 PM
It's a 256x256 jpg. If he did his own skin, he should be able to handle that.

Unless there's a history here I'm missing.
Page: 1 of 1