Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Problem with Darth Bandon's Robe/Sith Master Armor Mod.

Page: 1 of 1
 soroth
08-01-2007, 8:42 PM
Alright, so i'm a general player of KoTOR, and like most people who play the game, i love Bandon's armor. So here i am, scanning LucasFiles, and i stumble upon a Mod that finally lets me pick Bandon's Armor for my own. But, like most Mods, something goes terribly, terribly wrong.

First, I'd like to start off by saying that the instructions associated with the readme of this file aren't worded very well, so it's difficult to tell what to do at which point in the game.

Here's a link to the mod itself: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Darth_Bandons_Robe;65780)

Description:

I always wanted to get Darth Bandon's Robe 'cause I think that it looks really cool. So I decided to create his Robe. To manage that I used the N_DarthCand – files from RedHawk's „Make Canderous a Dark Jedi“-Mod. The icons was made by Shem, so all credits for them go to him. To get the robe you have to start a new game or load a game where you haven't already fought against Bandon. You will find it on his corpse. You can also use cheats to get the Robe: Simply press the ~ button und typ „g_a_class4006“ without the the quotes.
The stats are (without upgrade) like the one of Darth Revan's Robe. With upgrade it will have 9 Defense-Bonus and a few bonuses.

Version 1.6:
Sithmaster-Armor included now.

Version 1.7:
Included Shem's icons.

Installation:

1.Put all files (except the files in the subfolders!) into your SWKotOR-Override-Directory. Perhaps you will be asked to override some files by RedHawk, this is ok, they are the same. If you are asked to override the unk44_darkjed443.utc-file from the Revans lightsaber - Mod: This is ok, my mod is compatible with that mod.
2.If you use a German version, also put the file in the Subfolder "German" into your Override. If you play the Englsih Kotor, then take the file in the "Englsih"-Folder.
3.As soon as you got the Darth Revan-Robe or the Star Forge - Robeon the Star Forge, delete the following files:
pmbj.mdl
pmbj.mdx
pmbj06.tga
pmbj06.txi
pmbj12.tga
pmbj12.txi
pmbj01.tga
pmbj01.txi
pmbj02.tga
pmbj02.txi
to get Darth Revans Robe working with it's original skin (after that put the files in the "DarthRevan"-folder into your Override). If you want it with a red sithmaster skin (Darth Revans Robe) and a brown sithmasterskin (starforge-robe), then let the files stay in the override.
When you start a new game, delete the files from the DarthRevan-folder and put the old
pmbj.mdl
pmbj.mdx
pmbj06.tga
pmbj06.txi
pmbj12.tga
pmbj12.txi
pmbj01.tga
pmbj01.txi
pmbj02.tga
pmbj02.txi
into your override again.

Uninstallation:
Delete all files you've copied into your Override-directory.

Now, what i can gather from all of that is that i need to dump everything in the main directory and the english subfolder into the override folder, and then use the cheat "giveitem g_a_class4006" to get the robe. This works. However, when i finally don the said armor, i don't get bandon's armor, but an ugly-ass colored revan's armor that doesn't look anything like the picture. The same problem occurs when i try to acquire the sith master's armor, except that it has more silver than black on it.

I'm not sure how to fix this problem, because i want my character to have this armor: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/screenshots/File/65780/2)

I believe that's the SithMaster's armor, but i want that more than darth bandon's because it's silver and shiney. If someone can tell me how to get this mod to work, or of another mod that gives you the sith master's armor and does let you keep the head, please let me know.

If someone could even point me in the direction of a disguise mod that gives the Sith Master's armor, and tell me how to change the head model, that would be fine too. Thank you very much for your help in advance.
 spyblade
08-01-2007, 11:44 PM
starting from the beginning:
open bandon robe folder until you get to the folder that has subfolders labeled DarthRevan, English, German, Original Readmes. Take all the files in that directory not in the subfolders (g_a_class4006.uti, ia_revan_006, etc) except the readme and put those in your game's override folder. In the mod folder, open the English or German subfolder (whichever your game is), put the contents of that subfolder in your game's override folder, as well.

The author has included some additional instructions on how to remove the bandon robe model when you get to the starforge, and have the original starforge robes appear as they look in the normal game. the bandon/sithmaster robes occupy the same player appearance collumn as the starforge robes and so the .mdl and .mdx are the same. But if you don't care to have the starforge robes then just leave the files from the mod folder's directory in your kotor override and they should look like bandon's robes.

btw, even though I think Archer's readme is fine, it's sometimes hard to explain in writing how to use a mod :) especially to non-modders.
 soroth
08-02-2007, 12:23 AM
Thank you for replying mattz. I think i see my problem now.

When i started playing the game, i had used a cheat to give me the starforge robes already, but as a different model. Since this mod occupied my override folder before i installed the mod, i think that caused the mod's model to screw up. I would like to re-install the mod again, but i've gotten so frustrated with it, i'd like to just give it up. I'll try it once more, but i doubt it will work correctly, since no matter how many times i re-install, install, and double re-install (yes, i have done that) and deleted my saves, it always ends up looking like a deformed version of revan's robe, and not the robe that's described in the picture of the mod:http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/screenshots/File/65780/2)

But, there is a ray of hope. I have found out that the name of the armor that the character is wearing in the aforementioned picture (or at least the appearance of it) belongs to an armor worn by "The Sith Governor" from the Taris Sith Military Base.

That is the armor i want. I've found a few mods, including:http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Sith_Uniforms;70627) which changes the default clothing of a PC Soldier to that of the sith apprentice, but i want a mod that allows a specific piece of armor to have that sith apprentice look, without changing my pc head, and works without having to fux everything up. ^^;;

I know it can be done, because in the sith uniform mods the guy mentions changing the basic clothing by modifying the UTI files to give the clothing decent bonuses and such, but i don't know how that's done. And in the cloakworks mod, a working disguise for it is available, but attached to the armband and the head isn't my PC's, so it's just a disguise.

From what i've heard by searching the forums this "Sith Apprentice Armor" thing used to be very popular, and i don't know how it suddenly got thrown out of circulation, but i'd be willing to learn editing and stuff to make a unique armor if one isn't available, or if someone else can't make one, if that's okay.

EDIT: Just tried the mod out again, and i had the same results: http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/2074/untitledic3.th.jpg) (http://img180.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitledic3.jpg)

That's what the Sith Master Armor looks like when i install the mod, when it's supposed to look like... http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/screenshots/File/65780/2)

That. That's why this mod frustrates me so much, and i'd much rather have the armor appearance bound to an armor that doesn't screw up so often. -.-;;
 spyblade
08-02-2007, 2:55 AM
Sorry if you have already done this but make sure all of the mod files are going into a folder in your Kotor directory labeled 'override' not just the directory. Especially make sure you put the mod's pmbj.mdl and pmbj.mdx files - these are the bandon/sithmaster robe model files.

As far as making it a disguise you will need Kotor Tool and a gff editor -- some good tools including tk102's gff editor can be found at www.starwarsknights.com). Make a new armor or robe file, this tutorial (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=143176) is pretty good for that. As well as this (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=143789) one.

Tutorial of sorts:

In a pinch we will just use Bandon's Armor. Find Bandon's Armor with Kotor Tool: Kotor 1>BIFs>templates.bif>Blueprint, Item> g_a_class4006.uti. Double click to open it. In the item file that opens click on the 'properties' tab. Double click the blank line at the bottom of the screen. In the new popup: Property Name - find Disguise. In Subtype choose any of them. Click 'Add'. If you look at the properties in the 'properties' tab. Scroll over to the "PropertyID" column, notice it says 59. Also, look at the "SubtypeID" collumn - this is the line number from the appearance.2da -- which we will look at in a second. Save this file somewhere handy. Keep this file open as we will probably return to this, and you might want it for reference.

Open appearance.2da: Kotor 1>BIFs>2da.bif>2D Array>appearance.2da. Or, if there is one in your override folder already, you can open that one with Kotor Tool. You'll need to find some things. First find the line for Darth Bandon, Row 184 (or if you want to use the Sith Apprentice, line 41) highlight and copy the whole row. Go to the bottom of the appearance.2da and paste that row on a new line. Change the row label to the next numeric.

Figure out which head you are using. This can be easily found by starting a new game and going to the portraits section. Each of the races has five different heads. PMHB04 -- player, male, head, black, 4th one -- that's how the labeling works for the game's standard player heads. You can find the head number on appearance.2da, but opening up heads.2da (in the same tree in Kotor Tool as appearance.2da) makes it simpler. After you know which head and race your character is, find the corresponding line on heads.2da. Remember that row label.

Go back to your edited appearance.2da, and your new line. Go to the column labeled 'normalhead'. Change the number (14 is Bandon's) to your row label from heads.2da PMHB04 is labeled 49, so if that was your head, you would put 49 in the normalhead collumn. Also copy the 'N_DarthBand' reference from columns modela and texa and paste in columns modelb thru texj.

Okay, last step. Open a GFF editor. I use tk102's so I will talk about it using this program. Open your edited version of Bandon's Armor with it. Scroll down to "Properties List". You will see several STRUCTs. Look for the STRUCT with "PropertyName" 59. In this STRUCT, immediately below "PropertyName", click on "Subtype". Change the value field (on right side of the editor) to the row label of your new row in appearance.2da. Save your new g_a_class4006.uti file.

Quick Review:
New line added in appearance.2da based on Darth Bandon's line.
New Disguise property added to Bandon's armor .uti file.
Edited Disguise property in .uti file to correspond with the new line in appearance.2da

Files you will have edited and need to be put in override folder:
appearance.2da
g_a_class4006.uti

It's a lot to take in at once, so if you have any problems, post them and we will help. Oh btw, welcome to the forums.

-mattz
Page: 1 of 1