Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

A few concepts I've been thinking about...

Page: 1 of 1
 KitsuFox
08-01-2007, 12:12 PM
As many of you may or may not know, the Nintendo Wii's remote presents a very intuitive new direction in gameplay control. What is also there, is a lot of opportunity I think's being missed, or passed up in favor of a more graphics-oriented system.

My main topic of concern involves the Star Wars franchise, even though I know the talk isn't restricted to this, I just feel I should talk about my thoughts.

I had a dream the other day. I was playing what looked like a Star Wars game for the Wii console. I was holding a lightsaber with the Wiimote, and every slash I performed my on-screen lightsaber mimiced flawlessly, slash after slash. I come up to a random opponent who has a lightsaber, and as such I duel him. I end up blocking slash after slash of his, and then when I throw his guard off with a well placed block, I finish him off with what else? A quick thrust of the saber blade.

The concept is: A first-person Star Wars game controlled by the player, where the player's main weapon is the lightsaber, and the force powers that aid the player when needed. This could either be applied to a few original trilogy\prequel trilogy scenarios (I think I can name a few that'd be good candidates) or an entirely different game altogether.

I'd like to hear everybody's opinions about this. Reason why I didn't go for the whole 9 yards and have lightsaber AND blaster combat is just this: Do we really want a Red Steel ripoff?
 Reclaimer
08-02-2007, 2:01 AM
There's a Star Wars game like that coming out for the Wii.
 Lynk Former
08-02-2007, 3:53 AM
*shakes head*

Anyone who expects to hold a Wiimote like a lightsaber and swing away with all of your motions being mapped exactly to the movements of the character will be very disappointed.
Page: 1 of 1