Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Ian McKellen! COME BACK!

Page: 1 of 1
 Byakko
07-19-2007, 7:15 PM
Okay, I'm a little tired from watching King Lear performed last night at the Esplanade by the Royal Shakespeare Company. Ian McKellen was fantastic in it btw, although Edmund and Edgar left something to be desired for both.

2 days ago, I was at the Esplanade with my cousins and niece and nephew and we spotted Ian coming out of No Signboard restaurant with his entourage, and presumable his boyfriend.

Wearing this turquoise flamboyant shirt btw. You COULDN'T miss him.

My sis spotted him, whispered to me. He saw this, hunched his shoulders, AND SPEEDWALKED like the wind.

You NEVER knew an old man could walk that fast. He grabbed his bf along as well.

Me, and my niece and nephew dashed after him. After which we all couldn't get the freaking guts to just ASK him for a picture (with our camera phones).

In the end...I didn't even manage to ask him.

I fail at celebrity chasing. I freaking MISSED IAN MCKELLEN!
 JoeDoe 2.0
07-19-2007, 8:35 PM
Are you a stalker?
 Poopdogjr
07-20-2007, 12:24 AM
I'm not sure who this guy is. But if he's old and he fell, that would be amusing.

Edit:
Good lord, I double posted and cant' fix this madness!

Bega forgivnezz pleaz.
 Davinq
07-20-2007, 9:25 PM
lolz you shoulda just outran him and cut off in front of him and shouted

"YOUUUUUUUUUU SHALL NOT PASSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

Until you let us take pick-chuzz."

:)
 JoeDoe 2.0
07-20-2007, 9:27 PM
Meh, I have only seen him on LOTR, so I'll just :lol:
 itchythesamurai
07-21-2007, 1:39 AM
You should've gone up to him and been all like "I think you're MagNEAT-O!" Have you seen that episode of Extras with him in it? That one's amongst my favorites. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=IbHupZTS_iY)
 Byakko
07-21-2007, 10:53 AM
You should've gone up to him and been all like "I think you're MagNEAT-O!" Have you seen that episode of Extras with him in it? That one's amongst my favorites. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=IbHupZTS_iY)

Good gawd people! This is SIR Ian McKellen! HE'S WITH THE ROYAL SHAKESPEARE COMPANY FOR THE LOVE OF GAWD!

That's it, you are all...barbarians!

...besides, I prefer him as Gandalf. And I heard he's pretty strict in real life.

Oh, and I almost caught him and the stage crew coming out of the Esplanade in a van. Damn tinted windows though...
 Jae Onasi
07-22-2007, 12:39 PM
I worked in a grocery store in po-dunk Kimberling City, MO a long time ago. There was an REO Speedwagon concert going on the next day, so the guys came into town a day early to get ready. They decided to grill steaks that night, and bought like $100 worth of meat and came to my checkout lane. I had absolutely no idea who they were (knew their music pretty well, didn't recognize the faces). The bagger boy just about had a heart attack when I told them the manager wouldn't let them borrow a shopping cart to take all that meat across the street to their hotel. The guys looked incredibly amused, and the bagger boy looked like he wanted to die at my ignorance. He ended up giving them a ride in his pickup truck, so it worked out even better for him, anyway. I have to be the only person on the planet who's told REO Speedwagon that they couldn't borrow a shopping cart. :D
 DarthAve
07-22-2007, 12:49 PM
I met Eric Snow at a high school football game. I, like Jae, didn't really know who he was, but kids were stealing my mom's seat and I was like "GET UP PLEASE! D:" but they didn't...jerks. I do know he was wearing a nice sweater, so good for him!
Page: 1 of 1