Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Cant equip Mendah, in Achillees recruit mod, can anybody help?

Page: 1 of 1
 Yoda596
07-12-2007, 1:27 PM
Can anybody help me with this?
 EnderWiggin
07-12-2007, 1:30 PM
Can anybody help me with this?

Do you have any more details? Do you have other mods installed? Do you mean that you cannot equip him at all - no weapons, no armor, no nothing? What happens when you try? And lastly, Welcome to Holowan.

_EW_

Wow, finally I got to post 500.. It only took me 3 years!
 Yoda596
07-12-2007, 1:34 PM
Well i just cant equip him, with nothing, no weapons.I have other mods installed.

Edit: I installed them with the mod installer;
i am jedi;
Carth Jedi mod;
Merchant mod;(new items at a shop)
Force POwers;
Kenobis guardina angel(for head)
 EnderWiggin
07-12-2007, 1:38 PM
You need to be a bit more detailed. Can you equip armor / gloves, etc?

When you try to equip him with things, what happens? Does the game crash? Does it equip the item and then the item is invisible? Does it not let you equip anything because they're all red? When you click on a weapon and hit equip, does it just go back to the equip screen and not equip?

There are 100 possibilites.You need to help us narrow down what could be the problem.

_EW_
 Yoda596
07-12-2007, 1:42 PM
I can equip anything but no weapons;all weapons on the screen are reed(you dont have the right pre...),the game doesnt crash, the item isnt invisible because it isnt equiped.
 EnderWiggin
07-12-2007, 1:44 PM
I see, that's better. What prerequisite does it say you need? And have you tried unequipping everything, then trying it? And have you tried different weapons? Lightsaber, Blaster, Melee, etc.

_EW_
 Yoda596
07-12-2007, 1:47 PM
It doesnt say the prerequisites I need,Yes I tried that and it didnt work
 EnderWiggin
07-12-2007, 1:49 PM
It doesnt say the prerequisites I need,Yes I tried that and it didnt work
Do you have Mendah's special short saber? Does that work?

_EW_
 Yoda596
07-12-2007, 1:51 PM
Yes I found him in the Sith Base it also didnt work.Sorry for the message, its just that Im not all the time on the internet and then they aslo close my thread.
 EnderWiggin
07-12-2007, 1:57 PM
Yeah, I understand. If it happens again, which it might, we can move our conversation to PMs. For now, let's continue.

You say you have the short saber and it also does not work?

Try reverting to an earlier savegame and reinstalling the mod. If that still doesn't work, maybe you could take a screenshot and post it or send me your savegame so I can take a look.
 Yoda596
07-12-2007, 1:59 PM
How do i send you my saved game?I know how to find it.

Are you gone?

Mod note: Posts merged. This ia a forum and not a chat or instant messenger, you can't expect to get instant answers to everything you write. Please have some patience. ~M
 EnderWiggin
07-12-2007, 2:18 PM
First of all, this isn't a chat room. I needed to step away for a bit, and one of the rules here is no bumping. Don't worry, I don't have to leave for another hour, and if I do, there are others here who are way more qualified to help you than me.

If you need to send me your savegame, go to your root TSL directory (By default, C:/Program Files/LucasArts/SWKotOR2/) and then open the 'saves' folder. Find the savegame that you are referring to here in this thread, and then zip it or whatever and send it to me. I'll PM you my addy right now.

_EW_
 Yoda596
07-12-2007, 2:25 PM
I sent it
 EnderWiggin
07-12-2007, 2:43 PM
Mmkay. To me, it seems that when Achilles made this mod, he didn't include the right feats for Mendah - the basic ones that allow him to wield weapons. Now, I can try to fix it two ways: either I can change the *.utc, which would cause you to have to go back to a previous save and then add him to your party again, or I can make a simple armband that would give him these feats and should allow you to play from there, but he'd have to wear it the entire game.

_EW_
 Yoda596
07-12-2007, 2:47 PM
(but he'd have to wear it the entire game)., that wouldnt disturb me if you would like to make it than make it.or you could change that ,what you sad thet file , either way it is good
 EnderWiggin
07-12-2007, 2:48 PM
OK, I'm going to try the armband route. Let me have some time with it, and then I'll post with my success/failure.

_EW_
 Yoda596
07-12-2007, 2:52 PM
Would tkis armband also work for the other Achilles Jedi, Merrik,Telkka Zil.

I sending the mod.
 EnderWiggin
07-12-2007, 3:07 PM
Ok, I sent it back. It's an armband. Go ahead and put the file yoda596.uti into your override. Start up a game, cheat and use giveitem yoda596 then equip it. I made it so you couldn't use heavy weapons or rifles though, because they were huge compared to him. There was clipping with the ground when he put it at his side.

Anyway, hope this does it!

_EW_

EDIT:: If you are having the same problems with those others, yes it would work, but like I said, it wouldn't for Heavy Weapons or Rifles. If you would like me to make an individual one for each of the others, then I will.
 Yoda596
07-12-2007, 3:08 PM
So i just copy it to the Override folder
 EnderWiggin
07-12-2007, 3:09 PM
That's it.

Tell me how it goes.

_EW_
 Yoda596
07-12-2007, 3:19 PM
O man it really works, you are a genius, do you know how to make an icon for this jedi
 EnderWiggin
07-12-2007, 3:20 PM
Hmm... I'll try to, but I only have about 10 or 15 minutes till I have to go. So, let me work for a bit.

It looks to me like there is already one, but it's not working for some reason... I think it's because there's no portraits.2da.

_EW_
 EnderWiggin
07-12-2007, 3:30 PM
OK, I'm going to send you a fixed version of your savegame where Mendah has a portrait. The only thing is, you'll need to readd the armband to your inventory and reequip it, because this will overwrite your current save.

_EW_
 Yoda596
07-12-2007, 3:37 PM
SAy which tools do you use to make all this genious repairs, i actually dont know nothing about that stuff, if you must leave , could we at least stay in contact through the e-mail
 EnderWiggin
07-12-2007, 3:43 PM
Go ahead and send me an email anytime you need my personal help, but remember, sometimes others have your questions and you can help them by getting an answer publicly.

To fix Mendah, I used KotOR tool to check which feats he had and which he needed, and then I used it also to create a new armband which gave the feats. Then I threw it in Override and tested it.

To fix the portrait, I used KotOR tool to add a line in portraits.2da for Mendah's graphic. Then I used KSE to change the Mendah in your party to have that icon. I also changed the *.utc files with KotOR tool in case you start a new game. That way, it should now automatically come up with that portrait if you get him again.

Glad I could help.

_EW_
 Yoda596
07-13-2007, 4:50 PM
There is a new Problem, When I walk witH Mendah from one teritory to another, Im on Dantoine, I went through the path north in the territory wheres the ancient grove and Mendah isnt equiped with a weapon anymore, although I equiped him with a weapon thanks to the armband
:twogun:
Ender_Wiggin
:twogun: made.
 TheRealDem
07-13-2007, 6:40 PM
1 Question who is Mendah?And what game is this for K1 or TSL if you could please post it in your title next time...

P.S. use the edit button to fix it and dont post another thread about it.....

~Thankz Dem
 RedHawke
07-13-2007, 8:15 PM
Yoda596, I have merged your new thread with your previous open thread about the same topic, please do not create any more threads about Achilles mod, post your questions in this thread.

Also you need to be aware of our Forum Rules (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=169078), please read them and familiarise yourself with them.

Creating multiple threads about the same or similar topic is considered a form of spam and hence why your additional threads are being edited, closed, or deleted.

Thanks.
 darthcarth
07-13-2007, 9:04 PM
Yes if you have a item that gives you a feat that alows you to weild a weapon you will no longer have that item equiped when traveling to a new area, so you will have to re equip his light saber everything you cahnge areas. Their is no way around this if you want to continue to use the arm band to allow him to equip his saber.
 EnderWiggin
07-13-2007, 9:08 PM
I didn't really realize this. If you would like me to do the *.utc fix so that way you can go back and get him again and not have to do that, let me know.

_EW_

PS... I'm fixing the other icons, too.
 Yoda596
07-14-2007, 4:49 AM
I would like you to do that.Please send it to me .
Page: 1 of 1