Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Override folder...

Page: 1 of 1
 Andokool12
07-10-2007, 11:11 AM
I made my first mod with this thing yesterday, (a super Canderous darkest of the dark side, breathes fire, and more!). I was told that I was supposed to put it into the override folder in swkotor, but how do I get that in the game?
 Darth Kalverys
07-10-2007, 11:17 AM
Well... if it's what I think it is... then you'd have to wait until you get Canderous, but if you already have him, then it may be that the Script went haywire and well didn't "fix" Canderous into what you made him. Then again if you didn't script the Fire Breath then of course it ain't gonna work.

:edit:

Wait what do you mean how do you get it in game? Canderous or the override file?
 Kainzorus Prime
07-10-2007, 11:19 AM
It would actually help if you said what files did you exactly alter.
 ChAiNz.2da
07-10-2007, 12:18 PM
Wait what do you mean how do you get it in game? Canderous or the override file?
My question exactly ;) hehehe...

If it's the "Override" folder... simple, create one :D The game will recognize it (however, if we're talking about K1.. it should already be there. TSL is usually the game you have to make one)....

If it's "Canderous"... then -DK-'s post is quite valid. Please add a little more detail on what you altered (.uti, .utc, scripts, etc.)..

Welcome to the Forums! :waive1:
 Andokool12
07-10-2007, 12:44 PM
Alrgiht, well I edited the p_cand.utc file and gave him fire breath and all that sweet stuff.

Wrong file? Oh yeah and in the utc. editor, where is the appearance editor option? Oh yeah, one last thing, I'm editing in K1. so there already was an override folder.
 ChAiNz.2da
07-10-2007, 1:01 PM
Alrgiht, well I edited the p_cand.utc file and gave him fire breath and all that sweet stuff.
If it was a listed power, more than likely the 'fire breath' was a leftover from NWN (and it's Red Dragon). I doubt the power will have any effect on Canderous to be honest. Unless of course this is a custom scripted or mod power?

Wrong file?
Nope. sounds about right :)
However, if Canderous is already in your party.. then you'll need to revert to a savegame before he joins you. Once a party member spawns, the .utc file is no longer used. All data is preserved in the savegame from that point on. Using tools such as KSE (http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php) can help in this instance.

Oh yeah and in the utc. editor, where is the appearance editor option?
Depends. Most appearance adjusting, aside from skinning.. is done in the appearance.2da. You'll need to extract one from the bif files. Otherwise, if it's armor, weapon, item etc.. then you'll be needing an extracted baseitems.2da.

What exactly did you have in mind in the way of appearance altering?

Oh yeah, one last thing, I'm editing in K1. so there already was an override folder.
kewlio :D
 spyblade
07-10-2007, 1:06 PM
For the appearance you need to edit the appearance.2da. in the Kotor Tool -- BIFs>2da.bif>2D Array>appearance.2da. If you are looking to reskin, there are some tutorials, but the image files can be found in ERFs>TexturePacks>swpc_tex_tpa.erf>P -- for the player and npcs, armor and clothing. P_CandBA01 and his other files are near bottom of the list.
 Andokool12
07-10-2007, 2:21 PM
I have no idea on appearance editing yet... But when I checked out KT's help section, when it showed an example of the .uti editor, it had all the tabs there, with the addition of; "Appearance". It was for Bastila, so I thought, "Hmmm, maybe you can change Bastila's appearance but not Canderous'...". Still, no appearance tab.

Hm, maybe the guy who made this kept that all to himself.

Oh and, what if you want to use appearance 2da to edit a character? Would I still have to go back to BEFORE you see that character to edit their appearance? Cause I might change Zaalbaar's "race" from P_Zaalbaar to P_SithSoldier. :).

I said P_SithSoldier cause I'm sure having N_ etc. would affect it so that I would not be able to play as Sith Zaalbaar, correct?
 stoffe
07-10-2007, 2:43 PM
If it was a listed power, more than likely the 'fire breath' was a leftover from NWN (and it's Red Dragon). I doubt the power will have any effect on Canderous to be honest. Unless of course this is a custom scripted or mod power?

If he means the "Special Abilities" tab in the KotorTool UTC editor then it won't do anything. I don't know what that tab was supposed to do because it doesn't do anything at all from what I can tell.

You can add "Special Abilities" to creatures that work in KOTOR, creatures with for example a knockback slam attack or a howl attack have them, but that doesn't have anything to do with this tab and you have to edit them with a GFF editor by hand. They are essentially spell like abilities for creatures without any Force powes.
 Andokool12
07-10-2007, 3:11 PM
Hm... I just made Saul a little boy...

KOOL!
Page: 1 of 1