Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Dungeon Maker game...uh, what's it is called?

Page: 1 of 1
 SilentScope001
07-07-2007, 7:08 PM
I remember there was a game out there with a similar name to Dungeon Seige (well, it just had the Dungeon), except instead of you seiging the dungeon [since, in Dungeon seige, your main goal is to destory dungeons, right?], you are the one that run it. You are the one that control the dungeon, hiring bosses and grunts to protect the dungeon from those evil heroes.

Anyone know the name of that game?
 RedHawke
07-07-2007, 9:36 PM
It was called Dungeon Keeper (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeon_Keeper) and IMHO it owns even some of the modern RTS games.

I miss using my spectral green hand that I used to smack my minions around with :( or drop a bunch of my faithful creatures in front of the path of the evil heroes. :dev6:
 Aash Li
07-13-2007, 4:59 PM
Actually, I think Overlord would be more fun, its for PC and xbox 360. :)

http://www.codemasters.com/overlord/index.php?territory=EnglishUSA)
 RedHawke
07-13-2007, 8:21 PM
Actually, I think Overlord would be more fun, its for PC and xbox 360. :)
No new game could ever top Dungeon Keeper... ;)
 Aash Li
07-13-2007, 9:26 PM
haha I wonder if I could find Keeper 2 somewhere... I saw it once long long time ago but never got it.
 Janan Pacha
08-03-2007, 1:10 AM
haha I wonder if I could find Keeper 2 somewhere... I saw it once long long time ago but never got it.

Dungeon Keeper 2 hardly lives up to the first. And Overlord doesn't even come close. Your evil avatar runs around doing favors for the goody goodies instead of ruling over them and telling them, "No, I won't save you "blah blah blah" from "blah blah blah" instead you will serve me as a slave and bring me gold!" Nope. None of that. And no dungeon keeper-ish torturing of heroes that try to stop you either (In dungeon keeper you could torture enemy heroes for information, or even convert them to your side!).

Nothing like that. :(
 SilentScope001
08-03-2007, 2:09 AM
Evil Genius does seem to play very well to Dunegon Keeper though. It's like you are running your own secret underground lair (hm...sounds familar), with interrogation chambers and an avatar that gets to order building stuff in exactly the same way as Dungeon Keeper. If you want a DK Clone, I'd suggest Evil Genius.
Page: 1 of 1