Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Bring Me Up To Speed Thread.

Page: 1 of 1
 Davinq
07-07-2007, 1:53 AM
Do it. Now. Or forever hold your peace.

1. What's with the new rulebook thread.
2. Why's Jae in every thread now. She's supposed to be a SW forumer, not Mayhem's babysitter.
3. Why the hell haven't I done any lurking to figure this out myself?
4. Is simple swearing like in #3 gonna get me 'caned' now?
5. wtf is rd2?
And biggest of all, [to be emphasized in caps even].
6. WHY'S EVERYONE DOING REALLY BLATANT AND LAME 'REFERENCES' IN EACH AND EVERY POST?!?!?!?1!??!?#!/!1!?
 JoeDoe 2.0
07-07-2007, 1:56 AM
This is a moment of great peril here at RD, cuase everybody finds it boring, Cheez has made a new forum and you got to be chosen by him to get in, Mayhem is in charge of Rd, cause she is the only mod here as of now

There could be a coup, not :xp:
Jae is Mayhem's supervisor it seems
 Davinq
07-07-2007, 1:57 AM
So I never really missed out on much? Good. I'm leaving now again as quick as I came bubi.
 Das Mole
07-07-2007, 2:12 AM
bubi

boobie?

in other news, what that other guy said.
 JoeDoe 2.0
07-07-2007, 2:22 AM
Thank you, now back to you guy
 KingCheez
07-07-2007, 2:57 AM
"2. Why's Jae in every thread now. She's supposed to be a SW forumer, not Mayhem's babysitter."

i don't think she even knows what Psychonauts is :\
 Det. Bart Lasiter
07-07-2007, 4:03 AM
davin you dont need to know what rd2 is because ill ban you as soon as you register there
 Ray Jones
07-07-2007, 6:06 AM
Jae knows 'coz I gave remote knowledge to her.

I guess that's why she's here in the first place.

That and her job as supermod.
 Jae Onasi
07-07-2007, 1:09 PM
Jae knows 'coz I gave remote knowledge to her.

I guess that's why she's here in the first place.

That and her job as supermod.

I'm here because it's a lot of fun. That's it, no other reason. I wouldn't hang out here if it wasn't.

Whenever I have a really crappy day, someone here will make a really funny comment that makes me laugh and feel better. I'm not here to pee in your Post Tosties, and I actually had nothing to do with the rules other than changing the spelling on my name. If I moderated here the same way Kotor gets moderated, half of you would be banned by now, but it's RD, not Kotor, and I've adjusted accordingly. As long as you stay somewhere in sight distance of PG-13, I'm a happy camper.

I also have not yet learned Plans J, K, T, and X from Ray. However, I should note that my Plan E socks get cleaned regularly. This is very important.
 Samuel Dravis
07-07-2007, 1:18 PM
6 - shhsh! Quiet.

3 - I have no idea. Perhaps you are a secret agent of the admins and you are too busy to spend your time lurking. I admire your forthrightness in asking so directly!
 Hallucination
07-07-2007, 1:30 PM
1. What's with the new rulebook thread.
Mayhem wanted to see if she could get high on the new book smell, and she needed an excuse.
2. Why's Jae in every thread now. She's supposed to be a SW forumer, not Mayhem's babysitter.She likes to ban people, so she's just biding her time until a chance comes.
3. Why the hell haven't I done any lurking to figure this out myself?
Because you don't eat enough dinosaur.
4. Is simple swearing like in #3 gonna get me 'caned' now?
Yes, but just with a candy cane 'cause it's your first offense.
5. wtf is rd2?
It's like RD, but only for half the people here and it's not moderated much.
6. WHY'S EVERYONE DOING REALLY BLATANT AND LAME 'REFERENCES' IN EACH AND EVERY POST?!?!?!?1!??!?#!/!1!?
Because most of them are grade 8's.
 Ray Jones
07-07-2007, 2:47 PM
See guys, I told ya Jae is the best mum one can have here.
 Det. Bart Lasiter
07-07-2007, 3:58 PM
davin those sort of shenanigans just earned you an ip b&
 Ray Jones
07-07-2007, 4:03 PM
I swear this is the invite was aiming at.
 Davinq
07-07-2007, 4:07 PM
davin those sort of shenanigans just earned you an ip b&
Damn. So much for minimum moderation.
 Det. Bart Lasiter
07-07-2007, 4:11 PM
yeah whatever **** you mr. 67.40.x.x
 Jae Onasi
07-07-2007, 5:20 PM
She likes to ban people, so she's just biding her time until a chance comes.

Bleh, I hate, loathe, despise, and otherwise bear negative sentiments about having to ban people. It's too darn much work composing and sending warning PMs and ban emails and writing up all the other documentation involved, and it definitely falls into the Not Fun category. The only time I do it is when someone grossly violates the TOS/forum rules, makes everyone else's time here a living h*ll by being a total jerk, or does something like trying to steal someone's work by saying someone else's mod or fic is his/her own.

I'd much rather everyone work and play well with others and we all had a good time. This is far more fun.
 Hallucination
07-07-2007, 5:34 PM
C'mon, Jae, everyone knows you love the rush you get when you hit that little 'ban' button. o_Q

Speaking of virtual paperwork, when are you going to make another entry for the uberblogzen and send me that copy of your plot outline? :P
 itchythesamurai
07-07-2007, 6:27 PM
Davinq, I think the most important thing you missed was this from Photoshop Phriday:

http://i.somethingawful.com/inserts/articlepics/photoshop/07-06-07-produce/BoldFrankensteinMir.jpg)
 Miss_Mayhem
07-08-2007, 12:24 AM
Itchy, that is the most beautiful thing I have ever laid mine eyes upon. You get a congratulatory sticker and this coupon I found laying around the house.

@ Dav:

Da Rulez thread was my chance to turn 'dont be unawesome' into a rule. If you were on the modsquad, I know you would have done the same thing, but with more double-entrendee connotations and canned innuendo.
 Samnmax221
07-08-2007, 12:46 AM
THRIK MAKE IT STOP!
 JoeDoe 2.0
07-08-2007, 1:18 AM
This is just a bad dream......
 DarthAve
07-08-2007, 12:54 PM
I feel a bit left out too. It looks like I took the wrong week to go to Indiana and launch fireworks.
 Davinq
07-08-2007, 3:36 PM
Or go to New Zealand even. Seemed there was some stuff going on for once.
 Miss_Mayhem
07-09-2007, 8:21 PM
Our 'rulez' thread is like a modwiki. Feel free to delete mentions of proper spelling and adowable kittens in place of Project Runway cultisms and Top Chef ramblings, Darth. I really dont mind. Da Rulez thread is 93 percent fluff/water/air, 7 percent content'.
 Det. Bart Lasiter
07-09-2007, 8:52 PM
ave delete mayhem's fag rule thread
 Poopdogjr
07-10-2007, 11:23 PM
I want a 2 headed orange......
Page: 1 of 1