Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Next Genaration Smileys?

Page: 1 of 1
 Daft Adidas
07-05-2007, 3:46 PM
IMO Smileys are pretty lame. So of course I get all these lame ads coming up about new smileys who are 3D and can talk and aload of cr** like that.

Hvae you seen these ads? Do you like them. Or do yo uhave the same idea as me and wanna get a smiley gun and kill them?

Just put your opinion.
 Sabretooth
07-07-2007, 6:21 AM
Well I think I know what you're talking about. But my Norton blocks out all Internet Adverts rather effectively, so I'm having no troubles. :D

I hate them in particular, though. Why the hell would anyone want special 3D smilies to add in a mail or something like that? Nothing beats good ol' ASCII emoticons. :-D
 Daft Adidas
07-07-2007, 6:58 AM
Yes. I got this New Vista so now I see all these adds. Some reason can't find the way to block them. Yes ASCII (whatever that stands for) but I know what you mean.
 Sabretooth
07-07-2007, 7:31 AM
Yes. I got this New Vista so now I see all these adds. Some reason can't find the way to block them. Yes ASCII (whatever that stands for) but I know what you mean.

If you're using Firefox, get this extension called AdBlock Plus. It does a decent job of killing ads, I hear.

If you're not using Firefox, go get Firefox.
 Daft Adidas
07-07-2007, 8:46 AM
I've got Firefox. I've got Adblock. Let me try....

Edit. Not working.
 Master Zionosis
07-07-2007, 9:17 AM
I still get the odd smiley pop up, I used to get LOADS!!! those bloody annoying *******!!!! Especially when I'm surfing the web at night and suddenly HHHEEEEELLLOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! But now I got Ad Aware with Ad-Watch I barely get any, I think I've had like one this month.

So yeah, get Ad-Aware with Ad-Watch, that'll block loads of um. :)
 Sabretooth
07-07-2007, 10:52 AM
I've got Firefox. I've got Adblock. Let me try....

Edit. Not working.

There might be a button called "Block It" or something around the ad... If not, try right-clicking the add and see if there's an option to block it off.

I have only limited experience with Adblock, since it's on my Ubuntu.
 Daft Adidas
07-07-2007, 4:00 PM
No options to block it off. Thanks for the help but I think Ad-Aware and Ad-Watch sound pretty good.

Ok I think we've gone a little Off-Topic going into Ad Blockers and stuff so Sabre. Whada you think of these annoying smileys? I just pray they don't stick em on here and aload of noobs come and start using them in every post. I would actually leave this beloved forum.
 Master Zionosis
07-07-2007, 5:45 PM
No options to block it off. Thanks for the help but I think Ad-Aware and Ad-Watch sound pretty good.

Ok I think we've gone a little Off-Topic going into Ad Blockers and stuff so Sabre. Whada you think of these annoying smileys? I just pray they don't stick em on here and aload of noobs come and start using them in every post. I would actually leave this beloved forum.

Or you could get fancy and just block all images ever hosted from those stupid smiley sites, so if they are ever posted on here they won't show up :D
 Daft Adidas
07-07-2007, 5:59 PM
Sweet. Lol. XD.
Page: 1 of 1