Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

IMPORTANT -Da Rulez: how to not suck at RD

Page: 1 of 1
 Miss_Mayhem
07-04-2007, 6:40 PM
Listen up newbiez!!! These are da rulez on how to not suck.

We RDers are known for being a blatant, brash, zany, crazy, wild, over-the-top, AWESOME group of forumers. But we here on the heathen islands do have a kode of kondukt you newer cultists should be aware of.

Us RDers have a lot of leniancy, and your modz and modesses will give you a lot of leeway. But if you ignore the kode of kondukt too often or too blatantly, a member of the Modsquad shall leap to action with all the grace of a majestic panther. Such beautiful creatures they are, moderators . . .

Da Rulez

-Spell correctly! Oh, misspelling for creative phlair everynow and then is alright, but over do it and you will get a warning, as well as a cane beating. Yes, the Modsquad is equipped with canes. This isn't a chat room, you have time to look your post over for mistakes.

-Put your english class to action. We here on the Heathen islands hate people with bad grammer. Remember to put in the commas and periods and semicolons and what have you, and people wont hate you so much.

-:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) Annoying, huh? yeah . . . keep the smiley's to a minimum. It's really a matter of discretion, I cant put a cap on how many you can use at a given time
:cowdance:cowdance:cowdance

-Don't be unawesome!!! I CANNOT STRESS THAT ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!

-You cannot use the term 'Le Shiz' or the -_- smily without crediting meee! I have copyrighted them.

-Caps-lock is for emphasis. Dont use it for everything, or you will be caned.

-Never speak ill of Psychonauts. OR YOU WILL BE CANED.

-Dont talk about Fight Club.

-Keep your signature short and sweet. Once again, in terms of text, it's a matter of discretion. If it's an image however and stretches the page, a mod or modess shall cry 'Go Team Moderator!' and you will sorely regret not abiding this rule.

-Shower your moderators with presents

- Dont talk bad 'bout Ninja Forprez. Ever.

-As for spamming .... um, whatever ... ignore this ... we are all notorious spammers here. Dont worry too much about going off-topic, we are infamous for it. Threads go along the lines of actual conversations in these parts. You'll only get called out for 'spamming' if it's incredibly retarted to the point of killing the brain cells of whomever reads it (ie- no relevance to momentary tpic/bad spelling), and if it breaks any other rules in the process. Keep in mind that 1 word posts count as spamming, as do an overuse of smilies.

-Flames and hate-threads aren't tolerated. Hate Threads are closed right away. Snippy debating must be done in the 'fight-threads' so you can let things boil over without ruining every other thread. If things get out of hand though, the Modsquad shall act before you ca say antidisestablishmentarianism.

- Everyone must use this smily ( :spinnaz: ) at least once. It's like our mascot.

-No Pagestretching! Gah, it's what us modz and modesses hate the most! If the picture you post stretches a page, I will try to resize the picture to a better size so it doesn't burn retinas. If I cant, your post stands the chance of being edited by a Modsquader.

-Cram obscure references into whatever you say! If ya do, you get my tip of the hat *coughobscurereferencecough*

-If a moderator edits a post of yours, dont try and edit it back. You shall be caned, kicked, and severely punished for it. Your family will never know what happened.

-Dont post innapropriate material, be it otherwise cencored language or innapropriate pictures, racist materials, anything of overtly-sexual nature etc. This includes linking to innapropriate sites. If a mod or modess finds something you've posted and takes offense to it, you can bet your sweet bippy that it will be edited. This is the only rule that is enforced with any measure of military strictness.

-All cultists must spend National RD day kicking random people in the shins. No, really. You gotta.

-Join the cult, biatch!

- If you have a problem with something/someone, dont hesitate to ask any mod or modess on the modsquad. Manning up and trying to solve it yourself should not mean gunning down rabbits or breaking your PC, we are happy to help, it's our job. If you can not make contact wih any of us for some reason, you may ask Jae Onasi, our adoptive momerator. However, this is a last resort, since she is technically not an RD ModSquader.

-DONT BE STUPID!!! BE SMART!!! I CANNOT STRESS THAT ENOUGH!!!

----

Slight edits considering the harsh feelin's in the room. Mainly clarification.
Peace out!

- Your magnificent modess, Mayhem

Yo! This is where Darth_Ave, that other modess, post her additional rules

1. Please observe Psychonauts Day(or Raz Day) on the first Saturday of October, and Years of Psychic Goodness on April 19th, Psychonauts anniversary

2. Here are a list of things to avoid flamingif you want to be liked.
-loli or anime
-Chuck Norris and Steven Segal
-Star Wars
-Surprised Marmot
-Coca-Cola
-The motion picture Stand by Me or any of it's actors (With the exception of Corey Feldman, I think everyone hates him)
-KingCheez (He [i]will get you back, I know!)

3. If you have a problem, I'm pretty much around all the time unless I note on here or my livejournal. Feel free to contact me or the other mods I like, Smon or Miss_Mayhem. If there's a problem reguarding a member (They srsly need to get banned), contact Thrik for excellent service.

4. If you feel like venturing to other areas of lucasforums, be forewarned that we are really the most casual. Some things that fly here may not go down at Yoda's Swamp(in the Jedi Knight area) or Ahto Spaceport (in the KotOR area). Ask other members, or just observe.

5. Keep it so real. Even though we've delt with our fair share of liars, myself included, if your yourself, you'll totally be loved.
 Miss_Mayhem
07-05-2007, 5:11 PM
And now, the thread is open. You can express concerns here, but leave this thread somewhat sane, please.
 Hallucination
07-05-2007, 5:30 PM
You made me cry inside when you spelled 'grammar' with an 'e'.

:spinnaz:
 JoeDoe 2.0
07-05-2007, 7:18 PM
Where are all the other mods? You're the only one running this zoo?
 Miss_Mayhem
07-05-2007, 10:17 PM
Oh, I'm sorry for making you cry, Hallucination! That never ceases to trip me; here, have my silk handkerchief.

Oh, and apparently Cheez has a forum of sorts now, just that Jmac is boycotting commas. And yes, it seems that as of now, I'm the only moderator really watching over RD the way a momma eagle looks over her hatchlings (but without all the affection and squirrel regurgitation). Smon is too busy tracking down the weinermobile and the ever elusive Anti-Tim, Tammy Shafer. elTee seems to have gained a life, and Darth is out there . . . somewhere . . . doing something . . . till she can get back. I doubt my fellow modess will be gone as long as the modz, she has a pretty good track record when it comes to being around, she wouldn't just leave for good without saying. I'm sure it's just the summer festivities keeping her. And what with Thrik's message, I'm apparently the sole patron of the heathen islands till the rest of the modsquad returns or till he can escape the chains of a work-schedule.
 JoeDoe 2.0
07-05-2007, 10:21 PM
You be having a bloody revolt soon me lass, better watch ye back around some of the guys
 Miss_Mayhem
07-05-2007, 10:47 PM
Oh, dont worry guys! I love RD and it's kooky nature to bits; I wouldn't want you to get all stiff and start staying on topic any time soon! Just carry on as you have been, just because we have a written kode of kondukt doesn't mean I shall cane you for whenever you say something that is of no relavence to the thread (if I spelled it right . . . and have you seen the other areas? All the awesome off-topic threads get locked!).

In essence, I'm just indulging a need to make stupid random sayings into rules. Nowhere else is 'dont be unawesome' a rule.
 Hallucination
07-05-2007, 11:29 PM
Oh, I'm sorry for making you cry, Hallucination! That never ceases to trip me; here, have my silk handkerchief. Oh, it's alright, it's just that sometimes I can't seem... to control... my emotions.[/watery-eyed]
I'm the only moderator really watching over RD the way a momma eagle looks over her hatchlings (but without all the affection and squirrel regurgitation)
:eek: If not, then what the **** were you trying to spit into my mouth?

That having been said, franco-pop! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEu7dvSwZyY)
 Jae Onasi
07-06-2007, 11:43 AM
And now, the thread is open. You can express concerns here, but leave this thread somewhat sane, please.

This is a reasonable request for this one specific thread. And I'm the one who pruned this thread so don't b*tch out Mayhem.
 Miss_Mayhem
07-06-2007, 1:08 PM
It's quite alright Jae, I dont mind too much.
 Ray Jones
07-06-2007, 2:57 PM
I could swear I posted here. Can anyone tell me if I did?
 Halo_92
07-06-2007, 3:09 PM
Yes Ray I believe you did. There was a picture of mayhem with a hot dog in her mouth.

boy can she devour food.
 Ray Jones
07-06-2007, 3:16 PM
indeed she is ****ing eager

which is a NBK reference btw
 Halo_92
07-06-2007, 3:18 PM
thats coo

so wut have u people been up to whilst i was afk.
 Ray Jones
07-06-2007, 3:23 PM
just the usual stuff ya know

mostly provide evidence that this place needs, in fact, moderation

i think i got two of my posts deleted

oh and creating a "secret forum" with "invitation only"

or did u mean private life?
 Halo_92
07-06-2007, 3:26 PM
no thats okay I dont feel like getting raped today.
 Ray Jones
07-06-2007, 3:33 PM
Did you just coward out of this conversation?
 Davinq
07-07-2007, 1:44 AM
- Everyone must use this smily ( :spinnaz: ) at least once. It's like our mascot.
Amen.
 Emperor Devon
07-07-2007, 2:18 AM
This place is a black pit of spam and off-topicness. Having mods let alone a rules thread here is like saying Samnmax is a commie and giving him the little red book. :xp:
 martmeister
07-07-2007, 9:02 PM
 DarthAve
07-08-2007, 5:13 PM
I added my rules, okay? They're at the bottom and not all huge.
 KingCheez
07-09-2007, 5:11 AM
You didn't insult me yet, so you're in the green.
 Det. Bart Lasiter
07-09-2007, 5:16 AM
cheez gimme ftp access to rd2 so i can fix **** so we install phpbb hacks
 Ray Jones
07-09-2007, 11:24 AM
Oooookay - whoever deleted my post - be informed that I err am going to do absolutely nothing because I err can't do anything about it anyway. However, I know who you are. ¬¬

Note to KC:

jack here *points over to nodding jack* told me to tell you he told me to tell you something and he also said "dude may a pregnant camel deliver on that guy's bed man"
 itchythesamurai
07-09-2007, 11:32 AM
Man, one of the rules should be to not mess with the Ray Jones. You have no idea how lucky we are that we get off of the hook this time.
 Miss_Mayhem
07-09-2007, 8:27 PM
Darth, you can go ahead and just put your rules in along the same format as mine, 'da rulez' is collaborative on part of the modsquad. I just made everything all big so it made it look like there was a long list of rules you had to observe when there really weren't *s******s* If big text and dancing cows annoy you, go ahead and change the font sizes and rid of the them shmexy dancing cowticons.
 JoeDoe 2.0
07-09-2007, 9:04 PM
More rules? This stinks of dictatorship :xp:
Page: 1 of 1