Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Homeschooling--pros and cons

Page: 1 of 1
 Aurora Starfire
06-27-2007, 11:53 PM
Thread split from "My Return" in Ahto. --Jae

So my mom had to home school me for the last two months. I’ve been ungrounded, but I really haven’t made an effort to go online except for research and homework (home schooling is hard, trust me.)

You've started homeschooling? I've been homeschooled for the past several years. How are you liking it?
 Reclaimer
06-28-2007, 12:04 AM
You've started homeschooling? I've been homeschooled for the past several years. How are you liking it?

It's pretty cool. It takes me about 3 hours to do my homework, but next year I have to go to the high school for two classes, then I come home and do my other work. Kinda dumb with going to the high school, but oh well.

The rest of the day goes to gaming and guitar.
 Aurora Starfire
06-28-2007, 12:23 AM
Yeah, that's definitely one of the coolest things about homeschooling. You learn the same amount of stuff, or more, in 1/3 of of the time.
 Samuel Dravis
06-28-2007, 8:23 AM
WB Reclaimer! I remember you too. :p

I'd never want to be home schooled, it would be awful not be able to see my friends at school, drool after the girls there etc. No social contact with other students whatsoever. Meh.HS isn't the sole avenue for social interaction, sir. :D

I also agree with the others when they said homeschool = awesome.
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
06-29-2007, 12:28 PM
Yeah, homeschooling rules. Especially because your entire grade doesn't center on your teacher's opinions of a subject.

If you actually keep at it, you can get done and on with your day in a fraction of the time.

You just have to work it out so your family thinks you're spending more time doing it.
In high school I got out of bed at about 6-7am, went to take some college classes, after that I put in a full day of work, and then did my highschool level stuff in the evening...
This should explain some aspects of my mental state. XP

I don't see what the big deal about high school is (aside from the fact that I never had access to or time for organized football), when kids my age were getting all googly over highschool girls....
let's just say there's a big difference between HS girls and college girls...

You can learn a lot more in the real world than you ever can in high school.

And any comments about homeschooling affecting my grammar and spelling on LF are anwered by one simple statement...
I honestly don't care.
Page: 1 of 1