Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Do actors/athletes/musicians/celebrities deserve what they are payed?

Page: 2 of 2
 Totenkopf
07-20-2007, 5:04 PM
Another way to look at it might be that you could hire on more people for vital services that actually do something beyond entertain us at exorbitantly inflated values. Frankly, it always seemed stupid to me to pay someone $100+m for a multi- yeared contract in what are essentially team sports. If the rest of the team is mediocre, you've got yourself the equivalent of a hideously expensive white elephant. But, hey, it's the owner's $$$.
 Rabish Bini
07-21-2007, 1:25 AM
Honestly? I would want to pay the athlete more. I can get someone who is qualified and skilled to save my life for what I am paying now. Why would I want to pay more than that? I mean, what does giving them a lot more actually achieve?

What does paying athletes that much money actually achieve? I'd rather pay for people to save my life.
 Samuel Dravis
07-21-2007, 1:44 AM
Most of the time those people aren't saving your life. :p

While they're busy doing something else, you might decide to listen to some music or watch some sports. ;)
 Rabish Bini
07-21-2007, 1:47 AM
Touche, but they're still saving others lives.
 SilentScope001
07-21-2007, 1:54 AM
You know, a nuclear apoc might come in handy to fix the imbalance. Nobody is going to watch Paris Hilton while their city is aflame and the mobs start forming.

Actually, never mind. Athletes would be paid the big bucks to be in militas.
Page: 2 of 2