Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

USA! USA!

Page: 1 of 1
 SilentScope001
06-28-2007, 2:03 PM
Long live the United States of Africa!

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/L28561907.htm)

...Strange to worry about uniting Africa when African nations cannot even deal with its own problems and have internal strife. Unity doesn't solve all problems...
 mimartin
06-28-2007, 2:48 PM
You've hit the nail on the head with your comments.

Nice dream and one day it could become reality, but until they settle the religious, cultural and economic strife that has historically plagued the region, there is little hope.

Their refusal even to discuss Darfur does not fell me with confidences that they’ll even have the ability to come to an agreement on a name for their proposed country.
 Pho3nix
06-28-2007, 3:02 PM
It is indeed, only a dream.

A dream which in my opinion will never come true. The cultural, and mostly religious differences between the tribes (yes tribes, not the countries) are far too complicated. I may be too much of a pessimist though I think I'm more of a realist.
 Totenkopf
06-28-2007, 5:04 PM
...Strange to worry about uniting Africa when African nations cannot even deal with its own problems and have internal strife. Unity doesn't solve all problems...

Mostly makes for flowery and banal rhetoric....
Page: 1 of 1