Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Will the boot camp ever be updated?

Page: 1 of 1
 Shadow's Clone
06-21-2007, 8:28 AM
I see that the boot camp has not been updated.
When it wil be updated?
when will it be completed?
Enybody know's?
 Jieulu
08-20-2007, 2:17 PM
probably never...haven't seen kurgan in the "last posted" column in a while
 Kurgan
01-20-2008, 3:23 PM
Wow, somebody cares! Thanks, and I'm sorry, the big change for me in the past two years has been grad school. Very little free time compared to what I used to have for pc games. That and for a few months I couldn't even get FTP to work AT ALL, which was really frustrating when trying to update.

When it comes to the site itself, I know I need to write an article about CTF/Assault, which I could whip up in one afternoon. This weekend is over, but maybe a future weekend or vacation I could do that and upload it for y'all.

What other kinds of things would you like to see on the site?

I will admit my original goal with the site was multiplayer strategy. Most games you get a strat page for them it does a single player walkthrough and that's it, done. I don't have the time to do something like that, and MP was always more my thing anyway for games like this. Sadly, the MP in RC, while cool, had a lot of wasted potential.

I will admit I was all fired up about this game at one time, then it was basically dropped with regards to support. The mod community never really took off (a few basic maps to be sure, but nothing amazing), and overall I was just really disappointed at what a "fire and forget" title this was. Don't get me wrong, it was lots of fun at first, but still...

What would a "finished" page look like? It'd have an article or table of information on each page. I'd finish that up if/when I have the time (and my FTP works again thankfully). Of course if people create something worthwhile and submit it to me via email, I could post that, if it's in the spirit of the rest of the site.

So email me your feedback or post here and I'll read it when I get a chance.
Page: 1 of 1