Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

A Universe All Its Own

Page: 1 of 1
 True_Avery
06-18-2007, 3:35 AM
I have been brainstorming and making outlines out my Gray Code story for a few months now and over time it has been evolving slowly and quickly into something I am attempting to write out, only I have now reached a problem.

I usually do not mind canon very much, often saying that I like to create my own universe out of an already existing story or idea and rebuild it to my liking. It is my favorite pass time in the world to take idea I like and shape them into something new, something that may apply to our world more or be complete against it. But this time I think I may have gone too far.

My Gray Code fic, to be quite honest, is so un-Star Wars that I do not think it can really be labeled Star Wars anymore. My Deralia section I am making, for example, has cultural things, religious things, moral things that are either never mentioned, brought up, or even hinted at in Star Wars or told and spoke about differently by the Jedi/Sith/Republic. It is so out there with things I know people disagree with, things I know are hot topics, things that I love to read, talk, and write about.

I am afraid I might have overstepped some sort of boundary in Star Wars fiction and am now afraid to release anything or even continue to write in fear that I would simply release something everybody would hate or instantly see as a way for me push beliefs or veiws onto people.

What should I do or think?
 Kas'!m
06-18-2007, 10:06 AM
My fic is the same way or at least it seems that way too me, but some people like it. i wouldn't worry about it.
Page: 1 of 1