Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Bandon Robe Mod Glitch KOTOR I

Page: 1 of 1
 Maphisto86
06-17-2007, 5:37 AM
Hello again!

I apologize for yet another help thread but these compatibility issues keep cropping up. I tried out Archer's Darth Bandon Robe Mod (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Darth_Bandons_Robe;65780) which worked before. Yet for some reason I get a model and texture error that looks like this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v127/Maphisto86/ArchersBandonRobeGlitch.jpg)

I had Bandon's robe from the start thanks to Redhawke's cool Revan Item mod (I think that's it) though the problem may lay more with this cool Revan's robes mod (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Star_Forge_Revans_Robes;71255). Then again Im stumped so maybe Im way off. All I know is that the Bandon robe looks like Revan Robe model with the textures supposed to be on Bandons armor.

Please :yelhelp: :bow: ... :anvil:
 Shem
06-17-2007, 5:44 AM
Archer's and RedHawke's mods will conflict with each other. This is one of those times you may have to just pick which one you want to use the most.
 Maphisto86
06-17-2007, 12:52 PM
Archer's and RedHawke's mods will conflict with each other. This is one of those times you may have to just pick which one you want to use the most.

Sadly... I managed to get a hold of Archer through e-mail (thanks Archer). I know he's quite busy and pretty absent from the community for awhile so I didn't think he could help but he stated the obvious to me. I figured it was a mod conflict. Damn... all well. Thank the maker Archer made a similiar mode for TSL so I can still play it in one game. :sweat: :nod:

Actually... do you think I should post in the request forums for a compatibile version of this mod? Im also wondering if I could do something myself since I have Kotor Tool though Im nervous playing around with the files.... :snear:
 RedHawke
06-17-2007, 1:02 PM
You cannot make them 'compatible' as they both use the same slot in appearance.2da.

Since we cannot add new body colums to appearance.2da you sadly will have to choose between the mods. Unless you replace some other body slot, but there would be 'consequences' for doing so, you would lose one of the other wearable types of items.
 SykoRevan
06-17-2007, 8:13 PM
That robe in the screenshot does look kinda cool though lol
 Maphisto86
06-17-2007, 11:27 PM
You cannot make them 'compatible' as they both use the same slot in appearance.2da.

Since we cannot add new body colums to appearance.2da you sadly will have to choose between the mods. Unless you replace some other body slot, but there would be 'consequences' for doing so, you would lose one of the other wearable types of items.

I didn't think this used any of the appearance.2da files... :yodac:Though I know it has something to do with the original Revan robe for your Make Canderous a Dark Jedi mod. Well anyway, perhaps I should issue a request for a slightly different mod that gives the Bandon and Sith robes seperate from any others. I know you can add more columns using Kotor Tool so wouldn't it be possible? Then again maybe Im talking out of my ass... :animelol:

That robe in the screenshot does look kinda cool though lol

:lol: It seems that the textures take a life of their own though the back is really messed up. :giggle1: I think I would rather the Bandon or Sith robes to this degenerate Revan robe... :rolleyes:

Edit:

AARGH! :firemad: To add insult to injury I seem to now be having similiar problems with the Bandon robe mod for TSL that Archer also made. Because it is aligned with Revan's robes for some reason in both games I have the same problem. I installed before this Redhawke's Revan robes pack for TSL. Once I realized that I went back and tried to uninstall some of the files while keeping others that are needed for other mods I installed (appearance.2da, baseitems.2da, etc) but it does not fix the problem. If your reading Redhawke could you help me...um... uninstall your mod? :animelol: Seriously though I would rather not uninstall everything involving the .2da files but it looks that way. All this trouble to play a game with mods.

:headbump

Curse my luck yet again, I also noticed just tonight that on the kotorfiles page (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Darth_Bandon_and_Sith_Master_Robe;78278) for the TSL Bandon robe mod that for it to work on good ol' Atton I have to install another mod's (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/HOA_Mod_Pack;77485) appearance.2da file for this to happen. Sadly though this screws up the Handmaiden (Brianna's) Appearance mod by stoffe as well as other things Im sure that are in my game . Helps to read the fine print doesen't it!

*sigh* It's times like this one feels the urge to give up. Sucks too because Bandon's Sith armor are some sweet duds. I might be able to alternate between mods in KOTOR but the Bandon robe mod for TSL is probably not going to work. I apologize for my whining but disappointment is a female dog.

Despite that I appreciate all the advice and information you have all posted as well as for the modders here and their awesome mods... even the ones mentioned that for the life of me I cannot seem to compromise or get to work.
 lactose_
06-19-2007, 9:22 AM
As far as I know you can't add in new columns in appearance.2da (for K1 at least). But it is possible to have Bandon's armour and Revan's robes as separate items without replacing any of the other clothing items.

I did this in my mod here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=178404) by adding a new row instead, which will allow many characters to wear the same type of clothing. However there are some drawbacks to using such a method.
 RedHawke
06-19-2007, 10:52 AM
I didn't think this used any of the appearance.2da files... :yodac:
You are equating one thing with another here... it still is using the appearance.2da file, because that controls your appearance, both mods are trying to use the same slot.

Archers mods simply renames his mod files to match entries in appearance.2da for Revan's row, he likely got the idea from my clothes mods for KotOR. Other mods can edit the appearance.2da file itself.

I know you can add more columns using Kotor Tool so wouldn't it be possible?
Really? Don't you mean Rows? Because last I looked KT cannot add Columns to 2da files.

If your reading Redhawke could you help me...um... uninstall your mod?
The instructions are in the readme file.

Sadly though this screws up the Handmaiden (Brianna's) Appearance mod by stoffe as well as other things Im sure that are in my game.
Really? Stoffe's Mod should use the patcher program (she made it), perhaps improper installation is your big issue here. Patcher mods install last, install the mods you have to manually combine first.

Even with a 'Patcher' mods will still be able to be incompatible if they try to edit the same thing... a sad fact of life, and nothing we can change either.
 ThoraxeRMG
06-20-2007, 3:28 AM
Even though it's a glitch, it looks awesome.
 Maphisto86
06-24-2007, 1:35 PM
You are equating one thing with another here... it still is using the appearance.2da file, because that controls your appearance, both mods are trying to use the same slot.

Archers mods simply renames his mod files to match entries in appearance.2da for Revan's row, he likely got the idea from my clothes mods for KotOR. Other mods can edit the appearance.2da file itself.

Yeah he specifically credits your Canderous mod. Im curious though...why does the Bandon robes take the same place as the Revan appearance row? :eyeraise: I mean I know you used the Revan robes while giving Canderous as a Jedi the Sithmaster/Bandon robes.

Really? Stoffe's Mod should use the patcher program (she made it), perhaps improper installation is your big issue here. Patcher mods install last, install the mods you have to manually combine first.

Even with a 'Patcher' mods will still be able to be incompatible if they try to edit the same thing... a sad fact of life, and nothing we can change either.

Well I tried reinstalling Stoffe's mod over it but the Handmaiden still remained in the dark Jedi appearance. Im thinking of asking Shem (since he was the one who referred to the technique on KOTORfiles) of how I can install that mod to give Atton the abiliity to wear the armor. For some reason I like the Jedi Exile as a woman since I play Revan as a man so... yeah :animelol:, I want one of my characters to be able to wear it. I got it to work in TSL by removing your Revan robes mod but Id rather wear the Revan getup in the first game since you ARE Revan *spoiler*.

Now I reinstalled everything for my game and have been testing it the past few days but whenever I go to a workbench to view the robes they still look messed up. I even tried a new game with only the Bandon robes and Archer's soldier clothing in my Override. The Bandon and Sith armor where still the same messed up, pseudo-Revan-Bandon mashup. :headbump Why!?
 Maphisto86
07-01-2007, 1:09 AM
Wow look at alllll the replies answering my unanswered questions... :rolleyes: No Im not bitter! *grumbles* :evil5: Well unless anyone has any advice I geuss my problem with the Bandon mod for KOTOR is a lost cause. :wornout: However please read my last post because I ran into something odd.

As for the same mod for KOTOR II I want to allow Atton to wear the Bandon/Sith Master armor but.... Atton can’t wear it because Obsidian did not give the model codes to wear anything in the Darth Revan slot, so putting them on Atton will crash the game. If you can’t edit .2da files, I would suggest downloading HouseOfAmon’s Mod Pack and installing it (if you don’t have it) and uninstall it except for the new modified appearance.2da file that the TSL Patcher will make if you want Atton to be able to wear these. Source: KOTORfiles Bandon/Sith Armor for TSL (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Darth_Bandon_and_Sith_Master_Robe;78278)

So as I said in my previous post I tried that but it wasen't compatible to use with my other mods that use the appearance.2da file. Now I can edit that file with KOTOR Tool. Yet I don't have much experience fiddiling with these files without following instructions (in a nutshell: I have no clue what to do). Would taking the row with Atton's character info from the HouseofAmon's appearance.2da file and using it to replace the one I have in my Override do the trick? Or is there more to it then that?
 stoffe
07-01-2007, 7:18 AM
Now I can edit that file with KOTOR Tool. Yet I don't have much experience fiddiling with these files without following instructions (in a nutshell: I have no clue what to do). Would taking the row with Atton's character info from the HouseofAmon's appearance.2da file and using it to replace the one I have in my Override do the trick? Or is there more to it then that?

If what you need is the standard model for the Revan/Star Forge robes set for atton you change Atton's line (452) in appearance.2da and set the modelj column to PMBJM and the texj column to PMBJ.

If you want to use some other model instead you set the name of that model file in the modelj column and the name of the texture without the TextureVariation number at the end (if any) in the texj column.
 Maphisto86
07-04-2007, 2:35 PM
If what you need is the standard model for the Revan/Star Forge robes set for atton you change Atton's line (452) in appearance.2da and set the modelj column to PMBJM and the texj column to PMBJ.

If you want to use some other model instead you set the name of that model file in the modelj column and the name of the texture without the TextureVariation number at the end (if any) in the texj column.

Thanks for the tip Stoffe! :) I didn't know it was that simple... :yodac: I will do that.
Page: 1 of 1