Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Tiresome KSE (v3.3.3) problem

Page: 1 of 1
 Formsvacka
06-15-2007, 6:44 AM
I've decided to get into another session of Kotor 2. During a previous session, I used the excellent tool KSE 3.2.6, which worked like a charm. However, for this session I decided to get the newest version of KSE I could find (ie 3.3.3). This proved to be more of a difficulty than I had thought. First of all, I started a new game and then I sat down with the editor to make my changes. The changes I almost always make first of all is to give myself a couple of lightsabers and a generous sum of credits. However, when I had added a couple of red double-bladed lightsabers to my inventory, there were no lightsabers to be found in the inventory. After saving the game, closing it and then starting it up again, they suddenly appeared in my inventory list and I could equip them. The credits, though, still haunt me. I have tried again and again to add some credits, save the game, restart it and so on and so on. No credits.
In short: the changes I have applied (and the "Commit changes" process always works perfectly) do not appear in the game. What to do?
 tk102
06-15-2007, 9:27 AM
I've never heard of that problem. Are you using the Credits field (the numeric field) or are you adding a credits to your inventory as an item (like g_i_credits001)?

Also have you tried KSE v3.3.2a?
 Formsvacka
06-15-2007, 10:12 AM
I use the credits field. Any other attempts to add things to my inventory list have failed. Further, I've tried to change my character's appearance, raise my level and change class and raise my XP. All failed.
And I'm afraid the problem remained when I tried 3.3.2a. This is really strange, since I used 3.2.6 without any problems whatsoever, and it's the same computer and everything.
 tk102
06-15-2007, 10:54 AM
Are the savegame.sav files' timestamps changing when you click Commit Changes?

(Also I sent you a private message regarding the creation of a log file.)

Edit: Resolution -- TSL was running in the background, overwriting any changes KSE was making. Once TSL was closed, KSE performed as expected. :)
 franzieperez
07-26-2007, 5:50 PM
If ur character has just started and hasn't collected any credits could that cause problems for adding credits?
 Dracken Ketra
07-18-2008, 6:03 PM
Sorry if I'm posting in a relatively old thread, but this seems to be the same problem I'm having with the latest version of KSE, but with KotOR 1, not TSL. Any changes made register as "succesful" in the window, but when I check them in the correct savefile in the game, nothing was changed.
 Lord Dagron
07-18-2008, 6:30 PM
Sorry if I'm posting in a relatively old thread, but this seems to be the same problem I'm having with the latest version of KSE, but with KotOR 1, not TSL. Any changes made register as "succesful" in the window, but when I check them in the correct savefile in the game, nothing was changed.

I'm also having the same problem but then my game won't even load.

I finally got mine working again. I unistalled the game and emptyed my override. and also deleted my KSE. I then reinstalled the game and redownloaded the KSE and I put one mod back in to test it and it worked. It's alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
Page: 1 of 1