Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[WIP]Fear the sith[K1]

Page: 1 of 1
 Mindtwistah
06-13-2007, 6:24 AM
I am working on a mod. It makes people afraid of you if you wear a sith armor. Usually, that is only possible on Taris. But I want it to be possible everywhere. So that is why I need help. I need people who can help me edit the dialog files. It's easy, just add a line that looks like this:

-Umm.. Greetings fellow sith. I.. I have things to do now. I got to go.

And then insert this script in "determines if node is avaliable": k_ptar_sithdis

If someone could help me with this, please write a post here.
 Gargoyle_King
06-13-2007, 12:16 PM
I am working on a mod. It makes people afraid of you if you wear a sith armor. Usually, that is only possible on Taris. But I want it to be possible everywhere.
Wow, quite the mammoth task, that's gonna take a lot of dialogue script editing!
 Mindtwistah
06-13-2007, 12:41 PM
Yes I know. But with around 5 people doing it it wouldn't take more time than an hour or so.
 rictus135
06-14-2007, 1:13 AM
I think you are forgetting something. all dialog in KOTOR is voice acted. To give the "real" feeling of speaking to someone, you would also need to determine which voice type they use and find an existing one used on taris saying something similar. And many of the voices will be different. It doesn't matter about the aliens like twileks and rodians as they all speak unintelligible languages, but all the humans cause a problem. I think many sith soldiers use the same voice type, and so that wouldn't be nearly as difficult. But what you are suggesting will be next to impossible.

Unless of course you don't care about the voiceovers, but not many people will be willing to help you if it doesn't offer a polished finish, if you know what i mean.
 Simon92
06-14-2007, 11:20 AM
That sounds pretty cool, but it would be cool if you tried [if possible] making a few people that are against the Sith attack you. It'd be awesome. Also, it could allow you to enter the Korriban Academy freely?
 Mindtwistah
06-14-2007, 11:28 AM
rictus135: Well, I guess that would add a month to the release date :(
Page: 1 of 1