Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

I'm having a few..... weird problems with K1

Page: 1 of 1
 TLM20
06-12-2007, 5:45 AM
KOTOR1 keeps doing some weird things and I think it's got something to do with conflicting mods. At certain areas of the game it freezes or does something else that makes no sense. Here's a list:

1. On the Endar Spire, when I pass through the door that takes me to the escape pod section the game freezes.
2. When I go through to the "droid area" with the respawning droids on the Star Forge, I'm transported to the bridge of the Endar Spire.
3. If I use KSE to add certain items and then reload my game, the party selection screen is blank and all the npc's have disappeared.
4. Sith troopers appear as headless, walking heavy armours.
5. Sometimes the screen goes completely black when I go to Yavin. The game is still running though because I can still access the inventory screen (etc.).

I've thought about just deleting everything in the override folder and re-installing the mods I have. The problem with that is that I have an army of mods and I don't even know which one's they are precisely. Re-installing the game is another option and I'll probably go with that, since it sounds like some files from the original game have been deleted (Sith armour for example). But I wanted to check here first. Any help or ideas you can give are appreciated :)
 Mindtwistah
06-12-2007, 6:00 AM
Reinstall the game. Move the modules folder and the override folder to your desktop. Play the game "clean" without any mods. Add your mods, one by one. After every mod you added, test-play the game.
 Darth InSidious
06-12-2007, 8:08 AM
Do you have the 1.03 patch installed?
 TLM20
06-12-2007, 11:06 AM
No haven't got that yet. OK I'll download it and try it again. Don't ask me why I haven't downloaded it before now lol

Edit1: Nope still won't work

Edit2: Forget it. I just tried to reinstall and as soon as I put disk 3 in it said "Catastrophic failure". Looks like I'm stuck with TSL :(

What a joke
 Qui-Gon Glenn
06-13-2007, 1:32 AM
You may be having an issue with K1's write-protection.. although this seems quite different to me, I thought I'd mention it.

Do you have a DVD burner on your system? K1 doesn't like them. I have had difficulties with installation due to this, and been able to resolve it here (http://www.securom.com).

This may or may not lead to a difficulty in removal/reinstallation. I have not had that issue, but every PC is unique :(

BTW.... this is not the place for this type of complaint... I believe you're looking for the "Workbench" or something like that
 Jasher
06-13-2007, 2:19 AM
Like I said before: check your RAM. Get rid of useless programs that eat your memory without you knowing it. If you can get your hands on SuperRabbit (a program that improves performance), install it and use it to shut down all the programs that continue to work even when you're not using them (or don't want them active). If you have a firewall installed, those suck up MASSIVE amounts of memory.
If the game crashes while reinstalling, you may not have cleaned it out well the first time. Go into Windows Explorer and delete the files manually. Make sure nothing is left in Common Files.
Lastly, only reinstall as a LAST resort. Usually problems with game play are not the game itself, but other programs outside the game.
 TLM20
06-13-2007, 7:18 AM
Nope don't have a CD burner. But thanks all for the feedback I'll give it another try.

Oh and this is the pop-up I get when I put disk 3 in

Component: Cabs UK
File group:
File:
Error: Catastrophic Failure
Page: 1 of 1