Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Easy way to exchange huge files (and entire folders) over the web

Page: 1 of 1
 johnarama
06-11-2007, 8:19 AM
GigaTribe is fun and practical new software that allows you to share specific folders on your computer with friends (or professionals!) located anywhere there is an internet connection, and best of all, it's free!

Basically, you select specific folders (and therefore files) on your computer which you want to share and then you invite your friends into your network. They can therefore download files (and even entire folders of files) onto their computer and you can do the same from the folders on their computer that they're willing to share. You can even use GigaTribe to access your computer from a remote location (work, etc...).

It's 100% safe (128-bit blowfish encryption, no spyware/adware), you can transfer huge files (no-limit) and it's easy to set up. Furthermore, all exchanges are encrypted, so your exchanges remain confidential. For more info or to download free GigaTribe, go to ~snipped~ I'm open to any feedback or questions you may have, just post them here or shoot me an email at john at gigatribe dot com.

http://www.gigatribe.com/image/local/us/screenshot1.gif)
http://www.gigatribe.com/image/links/gigatribe-200x228.jpg)
 Ray Jones
06-11-2007, 8:36 AM
It's 100% safe (128-bit blowfish encryption, no spyware/adware)

[...]

Furthermore, all exchanges are encrypted, so your exchanges remain confidential.
Says who? John from gigatribe?

and best of all, it's free!
Free? The premium edition? I have doubts.

Excerpt from gigatribe.com:
Why buy the Premium version?

- Download faster
- The number of files downloaded at the same time is unlimited!
- You are no longer limited to 1 download at a time.
- Enjoy multisource downloads

The list itself is the really the show stopper. :dozey:

So, basically I should switch from my current p2p software (free AND open source) to your software just because I'd have to pay you my money to get the same functionality? Coooooool. :¬:
 johnarama
06-11-2007, 8:44 AM
The features of the Premium edition are non-essential (it's like upgrading from a BMW to a Porsche)...

GigaTribe is a unique P2P application in that it's only sharing between friends, with the added possibility that you can use it to access your PC from remote locations. Also, unlike most other P2P apps, all exchanges are encrypted, so your privacy is guaranteed. If you want a Premium version free (or a couple for you and your friends), just provide me with your GigaTribe username.

Downloads are faster in the Premium version since they allow multi-source downloads. Otherwise, the free version also downloads/uploads at the maximum speed supported by your bandwidth.

John
GigaTribe
 Ray Jones
06-11-2007, 10:50 AM
I wonder how multi-source downloads would work if I'm gonna share my new photos with ma.
 johnarama
06-11-2007, 11:15 AM
I wonder how multi-source downloads would work if I'm gonna share my new photos with ma.

You and at least one other person would have to have a copy of the photos, and be in your ma's network for her to download them twice as fast (or more depending on number of people with same photos).
 RC-1162
06-11-2007, 12:03 PM
LucasForums isn't an advertising board, it's a forum. I'm sure if people were really interested, they'd google your software and buy it. No need to push it on them.
 CLONECOMMANDER501
06-12-2007, 6:10 PM
I hate these advertising bots.
 Jae Onasi
06-12-2007, 6:43 PM
Advertising is not allowed on the forums here. If you continue to advertise like this, johnarama, you will be banned. This is your only warning on this matter.
Page: 1 of 1