Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Dead Body Wanted: Female Jedi

Page: 1 of 1
 Jasher
06-07-2007, 1:12 PM
I figured this is a title that'll get some attention :D

Real quick:
What's the name of the file of the female Jedi's dead body?
(The one who gets killed by an explosion on the Spire at the beginning of Kotor 1...who always drops a vibration cell)
I'm looking to script her blue lightsaber to her carcass.
 Master Zionosis
06-07-2007, 2:33 PM
Her file is "n_sithappren002.UTC" and can be found in: Kotor 1 --> RIMs --> Modules --> end_m01aa_s.rim --> Blueprint, Character. :)
 Jasher
06-07-2007, 2:56 PM
Her file is "n_sithappren002.UTC" and can be found in: Kotor 1 --> RIMs --> Modules --> end_m01aa_s.rim --> Blueprint, Character. :)
You're awesome. Anytime I need info on dead bodies, I'm coming straight to you. ;) (I noticed you like zombies...you don't happen to work in a morgue, do you?)

And one last thing, when I script this, I do it the same way as if I was going to put an item in the Exile's footlocker in TSL, right?
 Master Zionosis
06-07-2007, 3:12 PM
You're awesome. Anytime I need info on dead bodies, I'm coming straight to you. ;) (I noticed you like zombies...you don't happen to work in a morgue, do you?)

Have i shown interest in zombies, lol, no i don't work in a morgue :lol:

And one last thing, when I script this, I do it the same way as if I was going to put an item in the Exile's footlocker in TSL, right?

I beleive the scripts are the same yes, just in case here is the script i used to put some items on a dead body:

void main()
{
GetObjectByTag("TAG_OF_BODY");
object oItem=CreateItemOnObject( "NAME_OF_ITEM" );
}

Replace "TAG_OF_BODY" with the tag of the body you want to script the item into. And replace "NAME_OF_ITEM" with the name of the .UTI file you want to script into the body's corpse.

Any more help you need just ask ;)
 stoffe
06-07-2007, 3:36 PM
I beleive the scripts are the same yes, just in case here is the script i used to put some items on a dead body:

void main()
{
GetObjectByTag("TAG_OF_BODY");
object oItem=CreateItemOnObject( "NAME_OF_ITEM" );
}

That would only work if you want to place the object on the object running the script, and in that case the first line is unnecessary, since you don't assign the value returned from GetObjectByTag() to anything, and don't use the value as parameter in CreateItemOnObject(). :)

It'll probably work more as intended if you fix that, like:

void main() {
CreateItemOnObject("NAME_OF_ITEM", GetObjectByTag("TAG_OF_BODY"));
}
 Jasher
06-08-2007, 1:54 AM
Have i shown interest in zombies, lol, no i don't work in a morgue :lol:

Yeah, I got my brain eaten by a zombie because I clicked on one of your links...although I won't say which one. You should keep a counter on that site to see how many fools (like myself) get their brains eaten. :D

And stoffe, thanks again. You're scripts have saved my hide...I don't know how many times. :)
 Master Zionosis
06-08-2007, 8:33 AM
Yeah, I got my brain eaten by a zombie because I clicked on one of your links...although I won't say which one. You should keep a counter on that site to see how many fools (like myself) get their brains eaten. :D

And stoffe, thanks again. You're scripts have saved my hide...I don't know how many times. :)

I do have a counter for that, hehe.

And *snif* my script was almost correct, *snif* http://www.smileyhut.com/sad/cry2.gif)
 Jasher
06-08-2007, 1:56 PM
It'll probably work more as intended if you fix that, like:

void main() {
CreateItemOnObject("NAME_OF_ITEM", GetObjectByTag("TAG_OF_BODY"));
}

Okay, so for a blue lightsaber on the said dead body, is this the correct script?

void main() {
CreateItemOnObject("g_w_lghtsbr01.uti", GetObjectByTag("n_sithappren002.utc"));
}
 tk102
06-08-2007, 2:08 PM
Pretty close. Tags don't have file extensions and even resource references do not use file extensions. In fact, scripts never refer to anything with a file extension. :)

So your code should be:
void main() {
CreateItemOnObject("g_w_lghtsbr01", GetObjectByTag("n_sithappren002"));
}
 stoffe
06-08-2007, 3:09 PM
Pretty close. Tags don't have file extensions and even resource references do not use file extensions. In fact, scripts never refer to anything with a file extension. :)

So your code should be:
void main() {
CreateItemOnObject("g_w_lghtsbr01", GetObjectByTag("n_sithappren002"));
}

Though in this case the tag and template names do not match, so you should use "end_jedi01" instead of "n_sithappren002". :)

Nice catch stoffe. ~tk102
 Jasher
06-09-2007, 11:57 AM
Though in this case the tag and template names do not match, so you should use "end_jedi01" instead of "n_sithappren002". :)

Nice catch stoffe. ~tk102

Like I said, you are amazing.

(There's no "kow-tow" smiley...)

Edit: And I have a silly question...
What do I save this as in my override folder?
(Pretty embarrassing...here I am writing scripts and I don't even know how to save them.) :P
 Shem
06-09-2007, 3:54 PM
I figured this is a title that'll get some attention :D

Real quick:
What's the name of the file of the female Jedi's dead body?
(The one who gets killed by an explosion on the Spire at the beginning of Kotor 1...who always drops a vibration cell)
I'm looking to script her blue lightsaber to her carcass.You don't have to script it in. It's a safe UTC file to edit. The n_sithappren002.utc file as mentioned earlier is the one to edit. In fact, all you have to do is abstract it from the KOTOR Tool and just put it in your override folder and the blue lightsaber will drop as you want it to. You don't even have to do anything to the UTC file. Give it a try and let me know.
 Jasher
06-11-2007, 1:50 PM
You don't have to script it in. It's a safe UTC file to edit. The n_sithappren002.utc file as mentioned earlier is the one to edit. In fact, all you have to do is abstract it from the KOTOR Tool and just put it in your override folder and the blue lightsaber will drop as you want it to. You don't even have to do anything to the UTC file. Give it a try and let me know.
I did just as you said, and it didn't work. :( Are you sure I don't have to edit the file?

What do I save this script as?
 Darth Kalverys
06-11-2007, 2:11 PM
I did just as you said, and it didn't work. :( Are you sure I don't have to edit the file?

That should have worked... I've done that thousands of times... worked every time... I know this may sound stupid... but did you put it in the override and did you make sure that you put a lightsaber on her corpse
 stoffe
06-11-2007, 3:11 PM
What do I save this script as?

Any valid resource name (16 characters max, alphanumerical characters only) that isn't already used. Compile it and put the NCS file either in the override folder or in the Endar Spire module. Then you need to run the script from somewhere. Dialog files are probably the easiest way: You could make the dialog where Trask tells you to stay back and let the Jedi handle the Dark Jedi run the script, for example.
 Shem
06-11-2007, 3:27 PM
I did just as you said, and it didn't work. :( Are you sure I don't have to edit the file?Start a new game. If you're working on a save and make that change, it won't take effect. You need to have a clean game. That shouldn't be too hard since you're at the beginning.
 Jasher
06-12-2007, 2:05 AM
That should have worked... I've done that thousands of times... worked every time... I know this may sound stupid... but did you put it in the override and did you make sure that you put a lightsaber on her corpse
No, I'm not a retard and yes I put it in my override. :D
But no, I didn't put a lightsaber on her corpse. That's what I'm trying to figure out how to do. How do I do just that? Script it in? Edit the uti?
:compcry:
 lactose_
06-12-2007, 6:44 AM
^^^^^

You have to edit the n_sithappren002.utc file.
1. Use KoTOR Tool to open it, then click on the Inventory button.
2. A new window will open. Look under "Lightsabers" on the left, and select the fourth one down.
3. Drag and drop it onto the "Pack Inventory" mini-window.
4. Check and see that the ResRef is "g_w_lghtsbr01", which is the blue one.
5. Make sure that the "Dropable" field is checked.
6. Save the file in Override.
7. Start a new game!

:)
 RedHawke
06-14-2007, 2:21 AM
You don't have to script it in. It's a safe UTC file to edit. The n_sithappren002.utc file as mentioned earlier is the one to edit. In fact, all you have to do is abstract it from the KOTOR Tool and just put it in your override folder and the blue lightsaber will drop as you want it to. You don't even have to do anything to the UTC file. Give it a try and let me know.
Danger Will Robinson! Danger! Danger!

That n_sithappren002.utc file if placed in override will break several cutscenes on the Star Forge... Be warned! ;)

You will have to either script it in, or add it somewhere else.
 Jasher
06-15-2007, 2:03 AM

That n_sithappren002.utc file if placed in override will break several cutscenes on the Star Forge... Be warned! ;)

You will have to either script it in, or add it somewhere else.

*Ahem*...I guess that settles it. I'll be scripting it in to that dialogue as stoffe recommended. Thanks for the warning!! :D
 Shem
06-15-2007, 2:22 AM

You will have to either script it in, or add it somewhere else.Actually it's the n_sithappren001 that breaks scenes on the Star Forge. The 002 one is safe. I would know because I use it in my override and the Star Forge is fine. :D One thing I do is a search with the KOTOR Tool on any UTC files before I modify it and put it in my override to make sure they're aren't any duplicates used on other modules. ;)
 RedHawke
06-15-2007, 3:26 AM
Actually it's the n_sithappren001 that breaks scenes on the Star Forge. The 002 one is safe. I would know because I use it in my override and the Star Forge is fine. :D One thing I do is a search with the KOTOR Tool on any UTC files before I modify it and put it in my override to make sure they're aren't any duplicates used on other modules. ;)
Sorry Shem, but just an FYI I had a issue with the n_sithappren002 file as well as the n_sithappren001 in the past, it appears safe for some but not all. Perhaps differing releases of the game or international versions. I don't know for sure but that file is not as safe as you might think.

Either way I only know what was reported to me and what solved the issue for those affected, I have the 'safe' version it seems.
 Jasher
06-23-2007, 4:14 PM
Okay...I tried scripting it in to the dialog (end_cut04.dlg), but I'm not sure where exactly to do so (I'm an idiot, I know).
In the dialog editor, do I put the script:
1. under the tab Node Scripts>>script to run for this node, or...
2. under the tab This File (1)>>End Conv Normal Script.
Or neither?
AND...can I script to an [OWNER]=[CONTINUE]?
Help is much appreciated.
Page: 1 of 1