Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[K1] extract player character utc file?

Page: 1 of 1
 DarthDredge
06-04-2007, 8:04 PM
Is there any way that I can extract the utc file for the player character? If I can, can I alter it and put it in the Override folder, or will that cause problems? If I can't, is there a way that I can change the sound set for the pc with Player_Male_W/Player_Male_B/Player_Female_W/Player_Female_B lines in soundset.2da?
 stoffe
06-04-2007, 8:26 PM
Is there any way that I can extract the utc file for the player character? If I can, can I alter it and put it in the Override folder, or will that cause problems? If I can't, is there a way that I can change the sound set for the pc with Player_Male_W/Player_Male_B/Player_Female_W/Player_Female_B lines in soundset.2da?

This can fairly easily be changed with KSE (http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php) (savegame editor), it should allow you to modify the soundset of the player character among other things.

If you want to do it the hard way you can open the SAV (savegame) files with an ERF editor to extract the content, modify the data with a GFF editor (k-gff for example) and then put them back into the SAV file(s) again. This shouldn't be necessary in most cases through since KSE can handle editing most of the player data.
 DarthDredge
06-04-2007, 8:46 PM
Thanks, it always bothered me that I could change my appearance to look like an npc, but the voice didn't match. Thanks again.
 DarthDredge
06-05-2007, 10:07 PM
I can't find how to change the sound set in kse, do you know where it is? If I can't do that, what should I use to open the .sav file?
Thanks
 stoffe
06-05-2007, 10:23 PM
I can't find how to change the sound set in kse, do you know where it is? If I can't do that, what should I use to open the .sav file?
Thanks

The field marked with the red arrow in the screenshot below:

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/3108/xmarksthespotnq8.jpg)

If you don't see that field make sure you have the latest version of KSE.
 DarthDredge
06-06-2007, 2:58 PM
I have an older version that does not have that option. I'll just download the most recent version. Thanks.
 Quatra
06-06-2007, 3:05 PM
:lol: silly stoffe, you used cheat!!
anyway, do you think there is a way to change the soundset of the player, stats and more without using the kse, like utc or scripts or something?
 DarthDredge
06-06-2007, 4:14 PM
Look at post #2 by stoffe in this thread:

If you want to do it the hard way you can open the SAV (savegame) files with an ERF editor to extract the content, modify the data with a GFF editor (k-gff for example) and then put them back into the SAV file(s) again. This shouldn't be necessary in most cases through since KSE can handle editing most of the player data.
 Quatra
06-06-2007, 9:58 PM
i was thinking of changing the player setup at the start of the game. When you click on the New Game button, you see new stats, new sound for some heads etc. What Stoffe is telling is modifying a savegame.
 DarthDredge
06-07-2007, 9:01 PM
I'm not sure I understand - do you want to be able to change your voice as part of creating a new character? That is probably hardcoded into the game engine or something. Otherwise, you can just save the game as soon at the first chance you get and use the method stoffe posted above.
 Quatra
06-07-2007, 9:19 PM
When you use Tera Tool you can change everything or almost to every npc. I'm wondering if it's possible to do it for the main character.
 RedHawke
06-08-2007, 12:19 AM
I'm wondering if it's possible to do it for the main character.
Nope, there is no single file for the main PC...

i was thinking of changing the player setup at the start of the game. When you click on the New Game button, you see new stats, new sound for some heads etc. What Stoffe is telling is modifying a savegame.
While most of things are hard-coded, you can change some things by editing various 2da files.

Classes.2da, classpowergain.2da, and featgain.2da is a good start.
Page: 1 of 1