Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Tool Questions

Page: 1 of 1
 tnu
05-30-2007, 11:08 PM
I have questions about some of the tools..

KSE: the changes i make don't seem to work and some feilds just have a blank thing ( no text boxes in them or selections) like the Invintory Items section.

Kotor Tool: whenever I open things like a .2da Editer. it goes to my documents and just gets real confusing. or it will go threw a list of apperences that dosn't seem to do anything.

TSL Patcher: I have no idea how to uninstall the Mod once I install it and bring things hack to normle also I don't know how to use it with making New Mods. what is changes.ini?
 tk102
05-31-2007, 3:40 AM
Moving to T3-M4's Astromech Droid Center forum...

Regarding KSE: Can you take a screenshot regarding the "blank thing" that you're seeing? Do your symptoms occur for all the savegames? Do any error messages appear? Are you pressing both Apply and Commit Changes? Does it say it wrote the savegame successfully?

Regarding KotOR Tool: I have no idea what you're talking about. Can you be more specific? Again screenshots would help.

Regarding TSL Patcher: Changes.ini is the instruction file created by ChangeEdit.exe. You will need to follow stoffe's instructions very carefully as you get acquainted with the utility. There are specific steps you need to follow to set up a new mod, all laid out in clear detail in the readme.
 tnu
05-31-2007, 6:50 PM
well the blank thing in KSE is where the editable feild would be for most things. it dosn't have any sort of feild. just a grey screen. am I suposed to click both? and canyou give me a hand on how to Uninstall Mods installed by TSL Patcher? I'm allways unsure of the overall changes it made. i'm still used to just using Override folder. and not too good at other stuff
 stoffe
05-31-2007, 7:03 PM
Can you give me a hand on how to Uninstall Mods installed by TSL Patcher? I'm always unsure of the overall changes it made. I'm still used to just using Override folder. and not too good at other stuff

If it has been properly configured it will have saved any existing files it has modified in a folder called backup that was created in the same folder as the TSLPatcher exe file used to install the mod. You can move those files back to the game folder to overwrite the modified files and thus undo the changes.

As for other files a file named installlog.rtf should have been created in the same folder as the TSLPatcher exe used to install the mod. This will contain a copy of the installation progress log which should say which files have been modified or moved where. Find those files that were moved without overwriting anything and remove them.

Keep in mind that if you've installed multiple mods that modify the same files you will need to uninstall them in the reverse order they were installed. Otherwise moving the files from the backup folder would undo the changes made by the later installed mod as well.
 tnu
06-01-2007, 6:11 PM
Thank you lady Stoffa! but could an y one give me a hand wi th KMM? how do I put mods in to it? it dosn't accept the WinRAR files
 RedHawke
06-03-2007, 3:38 AM
but could an y one give me a hand wi th KMM? how do I put mods in to it? it dosn't accept the WinRAR files
You don't "put mods in" KMM, it is a mod program that is more a mod organiser that installs mods (That have a KMM installation file) but won't break a previously installed mod by not replacing an already existing file.

WinRAR files are compressed file archives that have been compressed using the WinRAR program. They need to be extracted by WinRAR to be usable.
 tnu
06-03-2007, 9:35 PM
How do you give a Mod that dosn't have a KMM file a KMM file? because not many of them do and I was wondering I could give them the files
 RedHawke
06-05-2007, 1:46 AM
Merged your thread from Holowan Labs, sorry but please keep this in one place.

Your answers on how to do this are in the KMM documentation.
Page: 1 of 1