Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[WIP] Tweak Mod

Page: 1 of 1
 SykoRevan
05-27-2007, 3:48 PM
I've decided that since I've had a habit of tweaking the game a little, changing a few details here and there, mostly .2da editing since some things look stupid to me in the game, especially visual effects like pink glitter when you Force Push someone or, I would release those tweaks as a mod. The list is small, but here's what I've done so far with .2da editing

- Turned off the visual effects for Force Push and Force Wave (the pink glitter)
- Turned off the sparks effect when in lightsaber combat (when you hit an opponent, sparks fly from them, even if your character uses the kick combat animation)
- Changed the white blaster bolts from disruptors and heavy weapons to blue bolts (same power, just a different color, which I think looks better.)
- Turned off the stationary flourish animations for melee weapons since I think the flourish animations look kinda dumb and pointless. Unfortunately, this also shuts off Malak's flourish, which is the only good looking flourish in the game IMO (you can still flourish while running)

If there's any other suggestions to tweaks I can make, please offer some input and I'll see if I can do it. Also, who knows which row in visualeffects.2da handles the Force Choke powers? Because I want to turn off the purple orb looking thing that appears on your hand while choking an enemy and the red flash that appears on the enemy's throat when using same power. I'm just trying to make the game look a little closer to the movies and just more realistic, and I never saw Darth Vader's hand glowing purple when he Force Choked anyone :) So if anyone has a suggestion or something I haven't thought of yet, please let me know. I want as many tweaks as possible in this mod. I will also be trying to use the TSLPatcher since most files are .2da files, which I know will conflict with at least a few mods.
 SykoRevan
05-29-2007, 9:10 PM
First of all, I thought I should let everyone know what .2da files I have edited so far. I haven't seen these .2da files in any other mods so far, so I hope there won't be more than one or two mod compatibility issues. So far, I have edited:

ammunitiontypes.2da
animations.2da
visualeffects.2da

I've also decided that this mod should be more than just a few .2da edits. I'm also going to include some changes to the music tracks. Here is a list of what I have so far, music-wise:

(Note: all tracks are from the Star Wars movies)

Dantooine Academy and Bastila's Theme - Leia's News/Light of The Force

Cantina music - Both Cantina themes from Episode 4. The Upper City cantina and Tatooine cantina play the firist cantina theme from Ep. 4. The Lower City Cantina and some other places play the second cantina music you hear in Ep. 4

Sith Theme - Palpatine's Teachings from Episode 3. Can be heard at the Main Menu.

Malak's Theme - The Imperial March.

Kashyyk Battle Theme - General Grievous Theme. It sounds pretty good for a forest environment, at least better than the original track IMO

Dark Side Ending Music - The Emperor's Theme (when he is torturing Luke Skywalker in Return of the Jedi)

I'll probably add a few more, that's just what I have now for music. I haven't been able to test I also wanted to give T3 the voice of R2-D2, but I couldn't find any audio files that sound like R2, except the ones from TSL, which I wouldn't use because I'm pretty sure that's porting :P However, if someone could tell me where I could get some good R2 audio clips I could use, I would greatly appreciate it.

I'm also going to edit some skins, but only major characters. For instance, I want to give Malak the eyes of a Sith (I know this has been done before, but I have my own ideas about what really good Sith eyes look like. Not to bash the other modders who have done Sith eyes, of course.)

As I said before, any other thoughts on what I could add would be greatly appreciated. Also, I wanted to add some screens, but for some reason, my game isn't taking screenshots. It used to before, but now I can't find where it put the pictures, if the game took them in the first place.
 L0rdReV@n88
05-29-2007, 9:29 PM
sounds really good but those are pieces of copyrighted music and you can get into legal trouble for releasing said music in a mod if im thinking right if not continue on and forget about this post
 Master Zionosis
05-29-2007, 9:40 PM
sounds really good but those are pieces of copyrighted music and you can get into legal trouble for releasing said music in a mod if im thinking right if not continue on and forget about this post

Yep that would be true, you would need Lucas's permission to use them, and thats allot of trouble to goto for a mod, you could edit the music and basically do a mix job of the track so its different bits, that way you can't get into trouble for releasing the full tracks.
 SykoRevan
05-29-2007, 9:44 PM
Yep that would be true, you would need Lucas's permission to use them, and thats allot of trouble to goto for a mod, you could edit the music and basically do a mix job of the track so its different bits, that way you can't get into trouble for releasing the full tracks.

That's a bummer. I could try to edit the tracks, but if they don't sound well in-game, I'll just scrap the music. Hopefully, I will be able to keep the music, but if not, at least there are the other parts of the mod to work on :)
 L0rdReV@n88
05-29-2007, 10:00 PM
it sounds like it shaping up good then
 Ambrose
05-29-2007, 10:25 PM
I'd suggest putting each mod in a different folder within the zip you're going to make. Some of us would like certain elements but rather leave out others. So basically I'm saying an exe installer would be a bad idea.
 SykoRevan
05-29-2007, 10:37 PM
I'd suggest putting each mod in a different folder within the zip you're going to make. Some of us would like certain elements but rather leave out others. So basically I'm saying an exe installer would be a bad idea.

That was actually my original idea. I think some people would want to choose what tweaks they want and don't want.
 SykoRevan
06-01-2007, 3:31 PM
So far, I've done all the .2da editing I've listed, and also finished giving Malak the eyes of a Sith (Much thanks to Lord Spartan for letting me use the the eyes from his Malak Fan of Darth Vader skin since all attempts I made at making Sith Eyes looked painted on and cartoony) I've also remembered to give the Jawless Malak model Sith eyes as well. However, I've encountered a problem with skinning Komad Fortuna. I extracted the file n_komadh using Kotor Tool, and I'm trying to give him white skin since he shares his last name with Bib Fortuna, and I want to give a clue as to their being related. However, the skin I use doesn't appear on Komad. Here's the skin I am using. It's not perfect, I know, and I will try to make it much better, but first I have to get it in the game lol.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h133/SykoShadow/n_komadh.jpg)

My method of changing his skin was to desaturate the color as much as possible with IrfanView, then auto-adjust the colors to make it a little whiter. If anyone can figure out why it won't show, it would help me considerably. Thanks in advance.
 SykoRevan
06-01-2007, 5:42 PM
I found the problem with Komad's skin and fixed it. Now his new white skin show in-game. I also finished the touches on Malak's eyes. Here's screens of both. Tell me what you think.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h133/SykoShadow/KomadWhite.jpg)

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h133/SykoShadow/MalakEyes.jpg)

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h133/SykoShadow/JawlessMalakEyes.jpg)

I will post more screens of my other changes soon.
Page: 1 of 1